Still Have Your Christmas Tree?

If you haven’t set it out for recycle, word is they are great to…roll around on.

Sender-inner Reggie T. adds, “It’s not my video – it belongs to the local zoo near Cambridge.”

Comments

1. I guess that’s what you call just lion around under the Christmas tree…

2. Ahhhh, ye olde tree nip.

3. I wonder if it’s that, or that the needles make them feel like they’re getting a brushing. Maybe a combination of both.

4. woofy's ma says:

Looks like it’s cat nip for that lion. He also doesn’t want to share! And, is it awfully noisy there or is it me? I don’t think the natural lion habitats are that noisy with the wildlife.

5. rescue gal says:

Probably like a giant back scratcher for him. Although, I wonder if the needles get stuck in their fur?

6. Now just who is going to volunteer to take it away from him to be properly disposed of? Hmmmm?

7. The dude’s very protective of his stash.

8. Industrial size catnip.

9. tracylee will!!! She volunteers with Big Cats so I’m sure we can depend on her willingness!!

10. M — In response to that, I supply this (when it loads, press on the Big Red Button for
    best results :) )

Your obedient servant,
    F. Birfle

11. you must be right about the back scratcher feature. I never would have thought of that.
    Ingenious.

12. And in answer to Brinke, who posted this?

YES!!! Several of us are attuned to the urls!!!!

13. summermixx says:

“He rolls around in that blasted bush all day long…meanwhile, I gotta ask the neighbor’s kid to take out the dang trash. !”

14. Oh, the bedhead!!

15. Blue Footed Booby says:

Considering that i here a kookaburra in the background, I suspect you’re right.

16. Hey, the URL does NOT match the headline!

17. OOH OOH! the Rescue where I volunteer does this too!!
    I wonder if this link will work:

peekchurs

18. 260Oakley says:

He likes it because it’s a fur tree!

19. Introducing “Forest Green” – the preferred scent of the Big Cats.
    Now also available in “Garland Green” for kittehs…limited time offer.

20. IT DEED IT DEED tl :)

lookit that pritty pikchas, peeps!!! Tigers & trees!!

YAY tl!!

21. *giggle*

22. kibblenibble says:

This guy reminds me of my George. He rolls around on something if he likes the way it smells. Ironically, he isn’t into catnip though. He likes my friend’s cologne and will roll on her jacket if she sets it down. He loves my stepfather’s shoes, too. :-)

23. I imagine that a big fluufy mane like that must get itchy.And kitties love to rub up against anything pine.

24. Kookaburras are unbelievably loud. It’ s hard to believe such an enormous noise comes out of those birds.

25. My Stinky used to get positively stoned on all kinds of smells. He once was totally hypnotized by a bowl of mushroom barley soup.

26. My boy Spider goes off on smells like some perfumes, certain shoes, handbags and …. rubber. He loves rubber. He “makes love” to my bike´s tyres and the doormat that has rubber bits in it. Bit of perv, my Spider.

27. Momma lion is all “Make yourself useful, ya lazy bum! The neighbors are laughing at you! Wouldja – Hey! Stop that! Wouldja listen to me for once? *sigh* Why do I even bother?”

28. He’s acting like he’s high on catnip

29. Haha! Good eye!

30. Love the BeeGees hairdo as well!

31. That is EXACTLY what she’s saying. Until she just walks away out of frustration and embarrassment. :)

32. Blue Footed Booby says:

Until you said catnip, I was going to ask if George was a pet or a spouse.

33. bookmonstercats says:

Repeat of classic rim shot, here please.

34. bookmonstercats says:

I’m curious, though. Who would have first thought to give the big kitties their discarded Christmas trees? And why?

35. bookmonstercats says:

…. it don’t necessarily follow, though…… ;)

36. kitty’s been pining for a xmas tree.

37. Well that is why I don’t have a Christmas tree in my house. It attracts lions!

38. Very appropriate!

39. Yep. Especially when you’re copying and pasting them into an email to send to a cat lover an have to double check that you have the right link because whut?

40. Bwahahahahaha! :)

41. I did not know that catnip grew that big :D

42. That seems like a reason to GET one, in my opinion. I have a zebra-patterned jacket I wear in spring and fall in hopes that a mountain lion here in Kansas will try to pounce on me. No luck yet.

43. warrior rabbit says:

Yes, because NOMTOM often makes additional jokes there.

44. OMG– such gorgeous pictures of big kittehs and other assorted beautiful annimals!!! what a fascinating place to work/volunteer!!! lucky duck, tracylee :)

45. phred's mom says:

Ben-him adored olive wood; ate my kitchen
    spoons, and, worst of all, the olive wood buttons
    on a custom-made linen dress. Loved him
    anyway and still do thirty years later. *snif*

46. phred's mom says:

Interesting how we recognize her
    feelings. Some things are universal
    among species, right, girls?

47. Sharon Wilson says:

I knew kittehs liked to play with Christmas trees, but this is ridiculous!

48. they probably had a little kitteh at home that liked to climb in the Christmas tree, so figured the big kitties would like them too!

49. And this is why there are no pine trees left in Africa.

50. victoreia says:

*snicker* And ain’t that sneaky?

51. victoreia says:

Maybe that’s why the wreath over the sofa got…..sampled!

(I told her to hang it higher up, but did she listen?)

52. Watching the lions reminded me of Andy, our kitty who got so high when my mom washed the spice jars, in particular celery seed, that his tail was completely limp in the hot dish water. He was blissed out and did. not. care.

53. :)