This Post Is For The Birds!

No, not The Birds.

It’s National Bird Day today! So let’s celebrate with some Sooty Owls at the Taronga Zoo, eh? Bless their sooty little heart-shaped faces!

[Like how they swivel their little heads around. -Ed]

From Zooborns, photos by Lorinda Taylor.

1. zosterops says:

perfectly unperfect plumage

2. *SWOONS*

(luv their spindly lil feetses under all the feathery floof)

3. SlaveToCat says:

Even my other half loves that pair of hooters. ;P

4. 260Oakley says:

Um, looks like the pooparazzi have been caught shooting craps again. (See pic 3)

…and yes, I have given myself a time out for that juvenile remark. ;)

5. i don’t get it. why would their doo-box be lined with the same thing the rest of their world is?

6. Owlsome! :)

7. I know I’ve said this before but …
    “I’m a sweet widdle bird in a giwded cage, tweety’s my name but I don’t know my age, I don’t have to wowey and dat is dat, I’m tafe in here from dat old putty tat! “

8. SlaveToCat says:

The cat names you:
    Woolsey Wooliam and Mossy Tweet.

9. Oh, good lord, that will be in next year’s top ten list. Hoot!

10. I’ll add a “WOOT” to yer “HOOT”!!

11. They look like dust bunnies with legs lol!

12. Exactly.

13. If dust bunnies had these allien-like eyes, my house would be a much cleaner place :)

14. SlaveToCat says:

I think I will have to be more careful, in the future, and check each dust bunny for legs when I do the spring cleaning. Hope I didn’t whoover up anything living and cute. Anxiety attack sets in.

15. Kari Callin says:

Hey there, cutey patootey, fluffy fluffersons! Diggin’ those feet! :D

16. So fluffy! I need about a dozen to stuff my pillow with them. My sleep will be filled with pillowy down and soft hootie hoo’s.

17. And the gentle expressions on their faces… The second to last photo is just awwww.

18. How could anyone NOT fall in love with those floofy leetle faces?!

19. I just finished a really awesome book about a gal who adopts and raises an injured baby barn owl. It’s Wesley the Owl.

20. I’ve read that book, it’s wonderful.

21. lisaLASSIE says:

ceejoe, that book is one of the most incredible stories ever. Peeps, the author (a biologist who worked with owls) had Wesley for about 20 years. Read it!! (You’ll laugh, you’ll cry.) And these two are, of course, baby owlies!!! The floof! The sweet faces!!!

22. Oh, man, the floof. The unbearable floof. I can’t stand it. *thud*

23. fleurdamour says:

The Unbearable Flightness of Squeeing

24. fleurdamour says:

@Oakley and Fird: Party like it’s your bird day!