This Post Is For The Birds!

No, not The Birds.

It’s National Bird Day today! So let’s celebrate with some Sooty Owls at the Taronga Zoo, eh? Bless their sooty little heart-shaped faces!

[Like how they swivel their little heads around. -Ed]

8119862243_0e7048d493_b

8119862411_54b7056241_b

8119862871_a1666b6db7_b

8119863033_d3e15fa581_b

8119875356_ab64beeb87_o

From Zooborns, photos by Lorinda Taylor.

Comments

1. zosterops says:

perfectly unperfect plumage

2. *SWOONS*

(luv their spindly lil feetses under all the feathery floof)

3. 260Oakley says:

Um, looks like the pooparazzi have been caught shooting craps again. (See pic 3)

…and yes, I have given myself a time out for that juvenile remark. ;)

4. Owlsome! :)

5. I know I’ve said this before but …
    “I’m a sweet widdle bird in a giwded cage, tweety’s my name but I don’t know my age, I don’t have to wowey and dat is dat, I’m tafe in here from dat old putty tat! “

6. SlaveToCat says:

The cat names you:
    Woolsey Wooliam and Mossy Tweet.

7. Oh, good lord, that will be in next year’s top ten list. Hoot!

8. i don’t get it. why would their doo-box be lined with the same thing the rest of their world is?

9. They look like dust bunnies with legs lol!

10. I’ll add a “WOOT” to yer “HOOT”!!

11. SlaveToCat says:

I think I will have to be more careful, in the future, and check each dust bunny for legs when I do the spring cleaning. Hope I didn’t whoover up anything living and cute. Anxiety attack sets in.

12. SlaveToCat says:

Even my other half loves that pair of hooters. ;P

13. Kari Callin says:

Hey there, cutey patootey, fluffy fluffersons! Diggin’ those feet! :D

14. So fluffy! I need about a dozen to stuff my pillow with them. My sleep will be filled with pillowy down and soft hootie hoo’s.

15. And the gentle expressions on their faces… The second to last photo is just awwww.

16. How could anyone NOT fall in love with those floofy leetle faces?!

17. I just finished a really awesome book about a gal who adopts and raises an injured baby barn owl. It’s Wesley the Owl.

18. Exactly.

19. lisaLASSIE says:

ceejoe, that book is one of the most incredible stories ever. Peeps, the author (a biologist who worked with owls) had Wesley for about 20 years. Read it!! (You’ll laugh, you’ll cry.) And these two are, of course, baby owlies!!! The floof! The sweet faces!!!

20. I’ve read that book, it’s wonderful.

21. Oh, man, the floof. The unbearable floof. I can’t stand it. *thud*

22. If dust bunnies had these allien-like eyes, my house would be a much cleaner place :)

23. fleurdamour says:

@Oakley and Fird: Party like it’s your bird day!

24. YAY BOIDIES