Who ResQte Who?

This is Mika.

Jordan tells us, “He’s about 6 weeks old and was orphaned soon after being born. We were offered him seemingly at random by his owner outside of a shopping centre, after being told that he’d be put down if no one took him. We didn’t hesitate at all to welcome him into our family.”

Mika is settling right in to his forever home.

Now that he feels secure, he’s found his voice and he’s not afraid to use it.

He’s so comfortable he’s taken control of the remote and now everyone has to watch Blue Planet all the time.

And, finally, Mika surveys his new-found territory from the safety of his Catbus.

Best wishes to Jordan O., Maxine and Mika and thanks to Patti for taking great photos.

1. kibblenibble says:

Happy endingks, mew beginningks. :-)

2. Crazy Pants says:

HA! Well done.

3. Gah! Blue-eyed babeh!

4. I also want to add that that milk chocolate nose on the puppeh looks very beepable!

5. it looks like a hershey’s kiss!

6. with nostrils.

7. skippymom says:

Thank goodness the right people came along at the right time. He is a wonderful kitty and so happy to have a home.

8. Yes, good on you, mates. May you all have many years of joy together. What a gorgeous little guy!

9. I sooo wish I wasn’t allergic to kitties, and that I didn’t travel so much for work. I’d adopt a houseful like that little guy in a heartbeat. What a wonderful family he has found!

10. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Sock paws. Sock paws. Guys, guys…sock. paws.

On a less happy note, I find it very sad that people abandon pets. I know there are many reasons why people can’t take care of pets anymore, but it’s always really, really sad regardless of the reason. *opens a tin of sympathy cookies*

11. I was going to say, what does tinee tabbee need socks for (last picture hovertext), when he has such fine built-in socks already?

12. *Angel accepts tin; eats rest of cookies in sympathy*

13. fish eye no miko says:

“That’s mine […] All of this. Mine.”

Yep, he’s definitely settling in. (-:

14. Look at his “oh so serious” face in the last picture. He is seriously cute!

15. I LOVE the photo of Mika “has taken over the remote control” and the pic where he’s saying “Yup. All of this is mine.”

Also? YAY to the family which has submitted to Mika’s ownership of them.

16. I second what Fird says. So good of you to let Mika have control of your house!

17. and finally? wondering how long it will take T.U.M. to land here ….

19. Booklover says:

Please don’t feed cats milk or milk products. They cannot digest lactose well.

20. I was waiting for someone to comment about that. It would be hard to resist an overlord like that though when they’re up to their ears in your cereal bowl.

21. Don’t worry; we’re feeding him a milk replacement formula :)

22. Bless your heart, Jordan O. And I want to say HA! to all you nuffers who always assume the worst from one little picture that you really know hardly anything about. But I would be far too mature to do that.

23. There are various brands of “cat milk.” Pouncer, the cat I’m minding (and I DO mean “yes, master”) LOVES his Catsip, which is a lactose-free product. :-)

24. I tried that once with one of my cats, Chiaro(scuro). She took one sniff and stalked off. Discerning tasters can tell the difference.

I’ll have to try Catsip though. Maybe they’ve improved it over the years.

25. I would abide by that rule, but my kitty has declared very seriously that I am not allowed to finish a cup of yogurt or a bowl of cereal without sharing. However, I do drink Lactaid milk :)

26. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Maybe that’s lactose-free milk or kitten formula. No way to tell by the picture.

27. Bless you beautiful people for rescuing a kitty that irresponsible ‘people’ would not look after. ;) I’d rather starve than give up my bunny!

28. Same here with my buns! :-)
    There ARE responsible pet owners who for legitimate reasons need to re-home a pet; but most pet abandonments or surrenders would cease if only people would stop impulse-buying pets at pet stores *shudder* or spay/neuter their pets! *steps down off soapbox, slides it into the “rant” closet, departs quietly*

29. Please tell me that is NOT MILK that he is drinking!!!!! BAD for cats!!!!

30. We’re well aware. :) He’s not drinking milk; it’s a product along the lines or KMR, which is a kitten milk replacement. Nothing to worry about. :P

31. Geez, I’m seeing kitties every where but nuffin ’bout getting to foster or adopt my own! But aside from that, iz a goo goo claws …

32. What a stunning looking little fellow.

33. emmberrann says:

Wot a beeyooteefull bebeh! Lucky lil kitteh. I need anudder kitteh feex, pronto, or mebbe subito.

34. Warning. Kitteh extremely cute. Likely to cause massive doses of happiness.

35. lovely, lovely. right time, right place, meant to be. wish i could have one (but it wouldn’t mix with my behbee lizards right now).

36. Doggeh is all “Oh, well, I guess I am not in charge here…” :D

Tinee tabbee is adorable! Yay for such an excellent resqte story.
    …although it makes me want to get more tabbees!

37. Blessings from above on leetle Mika and his wonderful hoomans. Win win all around. This makes me so vewwy happy, especially today – I just came from having my little boy (shiba inu/chihuahua mix) put to sleep. His name was Zacky and he just turned 13 on New Year’s Day. He had developed pancreatitis following dental surgery two weeks agao and the rest of his organs just started failing in turn.

He was the bravest and sweetest boy I’ve ever known. I know he’s at peace now – he’s once again young, healthy, happy, barking at nervy squirrels, and no longer blind. He can smell the grass and feel the bright sun on his handsome face. I know this because I believe in the Rainbow Bridge. Please keep a kind thought in your heart for my boy and all the other doggies and kitties just waiting to find their forever home. RIP, sweet baby boy.

38. Awww Rachael I couldn’t feel more sad for your day today.

I send all kinds of hugs and peace to you and good vibes to St. Peter, in Kitteh Heaven, for recommendation of Zacky.

39. Emmberrann says:

So many sympathies to you, Rachael. I still miss my Late-&-Much-Beloved Mr. PickyCat, and I feel his spirit around me all the time. I guess the missing part never goes away completely, you just get used to it. Requiescat, Zacky, and pace to you, Rachael.

40. Oh Rachael, I am so sorry for your loss. I am now crying wif you. Zacky will definitely be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs.

41. skippymom says:

Oh, Rachael, my heart is hurting for you.

42. AWW :cry: I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dear sweet dog, Zacky, Rachael :cry:

43. I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m crying myself and I didn’t even know the little guy…but they are all so beautiful and wonderful I know he was such a darling. Always so devastating.

44. Many hugs to Rachael. I am sorry for your loss. :( <3 <3 <3 <3

45. Rachael, my heart goes out to you. My dear sweet Tigger went to Rainbow Bridge in 2011 & I miss him every day. I hope all the happy head scritching, belly rubbing, cold nose kiss memories of your Zacky will bring you comfort. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

46. AWW :D What a cutie, sweet little, Mika is :D I hope you have many long and happy years with him, Jordan O., Maxine and Patti :D