Spiny Stocking Stuffers

The Perfect Stocking Stuffer! Fits right in!

Deb K. reports from Down Undah: “I saw some really cute photos on the internet of some gorgeous ‘puggles’ at Perth Zoo. I think the Australian native echidnas give hedgehogs a run for their money!”

“The photo where the puggle Babbin has his little tongue out is so so cute I had to share!”

More on Perth Puggles from WAtoday.com.

1. This is not a real animal, it is a cartoon.

2. kibblenibble says:

I know what you mean, skippymom. :-P

3. prehistoric, even

4. it is

5. Woah! That’s an impressive tongue!

6. Cutest tongue EVAR.

7. Here’s a fun thing to do with the first picture. Pretend that the scale is reading 390 pounds and imagine how big this guy would be.

8. Oooh, that sorta scared me. Imagine, then how long the tongue would be! O.o

9. That reminds me. I really must shave my legs soon.

10. WIN!!!!

11. bookmonstercats says:

12. Pretty sure Gene Simmons has trademarked that tongue.

13. That tongue just made me giggle & want to know what it would feel like on MY hand.
    But then I giggle when my hand gets licks from my cats. “it TICKLES !!!!”

14. Babbin’s momma looks like she belongs in an ’80s hairband. Too qte!

15. Kari Callin says:

Stocking stuffer that fits right in! Yep, but it’s heck getting it back out! ;)

16. Check out his big toes! (O_o)

17. I want to be first in line to snuggle the puggle!

18. lisaLASSIE says:

*gently moving in front of Lisa. “Sorry, Lisa, but I have a migraine tonight and I have heard that puggle snuggles can cure them. Plus, I am Lisa Sr. Thank you. Now….bring out the puggle, please,”*

19. *Grumbles and gets in line behind Lisa*

20. Elaine From L.A. says:

I’ve Wuuuuuved Puggles ever since I saw Beau’s photo on on Zoo Borns:

But I still Wuuuv Heggies, too :~)

21. whawhawhatsis says:

Puggles are everywhere right now, it seems! This one is particularly insanely adorable — that tongue is ridiculous! :)

22. I’ll just leave this here:

23. Don’t forget to put your name on that lunch box!

24. ahhh! what does that thing grow up to be?!?!?!

25. Alice Shortcake says:

‘Tis a brand spanking new echidna.

26. I call matchingks in the first pic and then I guess I’ll phone in ded for the rest, including the video. My only question is… why am I not that woman feeding and cleaning that puggle??? The injustice just never ends!

27. Alice Shortcake says:

“I’m forever blowing bubbles, milky bubbles in the air…”

28. They look so…squishy. I really want to poke one now.