2013 Bub Action Plan

To: Marketing
Fr: Sales
Dt: 12-21-12
Re: 2013 BUB Action Plan
________________________

Guys:

During the holiday shopping season, I’ve seen a lot of Boo-themed merch in stores. This dog is everywhere. They’ve really stepped it up. We also can’t ignore Maru, he owns The Pacific Rim- though Mugumogu seems happy to crank out a book once in awhile, and a calendar- we don’t see much of a move towards brand extension. (Maru Spanx?)

The point is, we need to be proactive with Bub in 2013. Here we have without a doubt the cutest cat that has ever lived. T-shirts, DVD’s, social media, online gaming, iPhone apps, we need to come up with a thematic approach to marketing Bub in the new year.

Thoughts? Get back to me by EOB, please.

8273496254_b613a53fdd_o

8273496340_fc8667cc28_o

8273496470_83872395de_o
Spotted on Buzzersons.

Comments

1. Arachnophile says:

Uhm… totally not trolling or being a jerk but, what’s wrong with him? Does he have no teefs? :(

2. She has no teefs (she’s a genetic mishap and has several wonky things going on), but apparently is a happy little BUB nonetheless. Go ahead and ask her. http://lilbub.com/

3. kibblenibble says:

I’m glad to hear that she is happy. i worry about these little ones like Bub or the grumpy cat. Sweet little funny ones. :-)

4. Looks like an anime version of a cat. Huge eyes.

5. And she has a dude who loves her. https://www.facebook.com/iambublog#!/iambublog/info

6. Same here, kibblenibble :) I am glad those kitties have loving forever homes :)

7. Well, it’s great that a kitty with some oddities has love and a home. :D

8. I love those little white gloves.

9. She appears to have a big, tattooed dude who loves her. I am verklempt!

10. LOL

11. The Original Jane says:

I was going to say “I hope that’s photoshopped, otherwise…eww.” but it seems he’s got problems. So instead I will say I’m happy he’s got a loving owner but not cutest cat.

I vote for Daisy. She’s outdoing Maru in my book.

12. Is it wrong that I want to gently pull on that little pink tongue?

13. Mittens are the best.

14. Ah that’s good to know. Sweet family. :)

15. Alice Shortcake says:

Gigi, I’ve given in to that temptation several times. And I have the scars to prove it!

16. Queen of Dork says:

To: Sales
    From: Marketing
    Dtd: 12/22/13. (whew! made it)
    Re: BUB 2013 Action Plan

Perhaps a coffee table book or calendar? Maybe buttons for all to wear on their clothes with a picture of this cat. We could even put the image on the bottoms of cereal bowls and also on mugs. What does this cat smell like? I have a vision of a fragrance launch.

17. Queen of Dork says:

Oops! Sorry I dated my memo wrong. I meant 12/22/12.

*marches down the hall in stern business suit and shoes that make lots of noise when I walk*

18. QoD, you are one fantastic lady! The only problem I have with you is that you’re not around enough. Please try to do better in the coming year. *hugs*

I haven’t been around much for the past couple of days myself – my 13 year old shiba inu/chi mix, Zack, had 16 dental extractions on Thursday. Between the pain, discomfort and general stressed-outness, we’ve been to the emergency vet twice (once with an overnight stay) since the surgery. The good news is, he seems to finally be on the mend and back to being my sweet little love muffin. Yay!! The vet who did the surgery awarded him a “Certificate of Bravery” and one of the emergency vets called him a “trooper.” I couldn’t be more proud of my little guy. And BTW, he’s completely blind, so you can only imagine how disorienting all of this has been for him. I’d really appreciate some warm thoughts for my dear Zacky.

19. Lots of soft snorgly thoughts headed Zack’s way. I bet he’s thinking what a lucky kitteh he is to have such a wonderful hoomin. Please give him a gentle little head but for me.

20. Sure that’s not Bill?

21. You can count on warm furry thoughts from all five of my kitties. And the two who had teeth extraction this year want to tell Zack that the worst is over and he’ll fell so much better now. Big huggs to you two ((( )))

22. You gave Zack a “species change” operation :lol:

23. Queen of Dork says:

Oh my! Such warm thoughts for Zack!! Any dozens of kisses and hugs, too!

24. Ack! Pphhthptht!

25. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany hugs for Zack! I have two brother kittehs who had to have most of their teef removed due to serious gum disease (one was hospitalized due to infection from the disease :( ) but now both are soooo much better than when they had nasty gum problems. Even virtually teefless, they still enjoy nomming kibble and treats.

The worst is over and Zack is going to feel great! My teefless kittehs and myself send thoughts, hugs and prayers to you and Zack. Rachael, you are an awesome human for taking such good care of him. <3 <3 <3 <3

26. If Lil Bub had done those Chanel commercials instead of Brad Pitt, it would have been fantastic!

This kitteh is soooo adorable and it is so wonderful to see a kind human give him a forever home.

27. No, my. Zackalicious is still a doggeh. :)

He’s been sleeping all morning without any pain meds or sedatives so I know he’s on the road to recovery. Thank you guys so much for all your kind thoughts. Like all of you, my critters mean everything to me. And like any mom, their pain is my pain.

And Saffron, I’m not such an awesome person after all. I told Zacky last night he’s going to have to get a summer job next year to offset his medical bills. He was so groggy he actually agreed to it. :) :) :)

28. From her Facebook page:
    “BUB has many unique characteristics that make her a very special one of a kind critter. Please understand that she was NOT bred to be this way. BUB was the runt of an otherwise healthy litter from a stray outdoor mother, and was born with several genetic mutations that make her special. She is just one of nature’s happy accidents. Her foster family had a hard time finding her a home, but she now lives happily with a dude that feeds her only the best food and treats her like a queen.
    BUB is a “perma-kitten”, which means she will stay kitten sized and maintain kitten-like features her entire life. She is also a dwarf, which means her limbs are disproportionately small relative to the rest of her body. She has very short, stubby legs and a weird, long, serpent-like body. Her lower jaw is very short compared to her upper jaw, and her teeth never grew in (yes, that’s right, she’s toothless!), which is why her tongue is usually hanging out. Don’t worry, BUB has a very healthy appetite and eats dry and wet food with no problems. Additionally, BUB is a polydactyl cat, meaning she has extra toes, and in her case, one extra toe on all of her four paws. Her front paws each have two opposable thumbs. And then of course there are her big, bulging, wonder-filled green eyes. Some think she can see into the future with those things.”

29. Queen of Dork says:

This is SO unrelated but I’m getting ready to do this deep clean of my oven so that it will be ready for cooking Christmas dinner. At Thanksgiving, it smoked badly. So I’m armed with these rubber gloves. One of the problems I’m having is that I’m old and so are my eyes. So it’s hard to read the instructions on the can. But I’m going to do my best.

*end thread grab*

Hopefully, all will go well. If not, it’s been such a pleasure…

30. AWW :( Poor Zack :( Please give him lots and lots of cuddles for me, Rachael :) I would do it in person if I could :)

31. Take care cleaning your oven, Queen of Dork :) A magnifying glass will help with looking at fine print :) Even with my good eyes, I have to use one due to how small some print is on things :)

32. Yep :) I am “Teresa Spanics” on Facebook :)

33. My avatar on Facebook is a cute little kitty :)

34. HERESY!!!!

*pouts in corner*

35. Apparently Henri is not happy that Bub won Cutest Cat:

36. Huh. You named her “BUB.”

You’re cool.

37. QoD, there may be a larger print version on the interwebs….

Take care. Cleaning s*cks and is not fun. :(

38. Maru is the cutest cat – hands down!!

39. You mean PAWS down!

40. Kisses, sweetie!

41. LOL!

42. Tehe! :-D

43. Wonder how she eats dry food with no teefs! :o

44. Ah, Bubs…there is a long line for cutest cats, of which mine are currently #1 (at least in my house). But you are unnervingly cute nonetheless, rest assured.

45. Whoever her owner is, I want to hug him for treating her so wonderfully.

46. Met Lil BUB yesterday in Bloomington, IN. She is even more adorable in person and the calmest kitty I have ever met in my life. She posed for pictures, had some nosh, and let everyone pet her. Her dude is awesome and extremely loving with her.

47. AWW :D I wish I could go to Bloomingston, IN and meet sweet Lil BUB :D I would tell her owner he is one very kind man to give a loving forever home to this sweet little kitty and I hope she lives many long and happy years with him :D

48. Awwww, there’s lil bub!!! I was waiting for her appearance at teh CO!!!