Um, Are You Peeps Busy?

Because, if you’re not, we have 10 puppehs who NEED 10 NAMES! Mama is a little bit overwhelmed. We must hasten to her assistance!

8273222160_1ccaf84e65_b
We are detecting some twin action naming possibilities here:

8273222418_2fbaac2e0c_b
Definitely a middle child here:

8272156691_820401641d_b
Roberta S.’s foster Mama beagle had emergency c-section (note pink bandage of honor) with TEN pups. All are doing well but their names are still to be determined!

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

Glad everyone is okay. That’s a lot of babies at the meelk bar. Hang in there, Mama dog. :-)

2. Brewster, Brawley, Pimm, Copper, Shiloh, Tootles, Nibs, Slightly (okay, on a Peter Pan kick there), Penny, Winnie, Scout, Dill, Desi, Smalls (you’re killing me!)

3. My thoughts exactly! Mama looks wiped out…

4. Kermit, Fozzy, Scooter, Yogi, Boo Boo, Boris, Natasha, Jonathan, James and Jean-Luc.

5. Moe, Curly, Shemp, Larry, Darryl, Darryl, Eeny, Meeny, Miney, and George.

6. This is too much even for tracylee. I shall lend a helping mouf. *nomnomnom*

7. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Noel.

8. Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Claus. :) Glad mama is doing well!!

9. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph and Olive.

10. And who can blame her for being tired. Them’s a lot of pups!

11. Nom, Nom-nom, Nommers, Nomas, Nomma Cass, Nombastic, Nommette, Nommamamma, Nommina, and Jelly.

12. Loving the name Olive. …the other reindeer!

13. They’re all so precious! How many are boys and how many are girls? We can’t come up with proper names without knowing that!

14. excellent point! would be most helpful.

15. Gandalf, Frodo, Samwise, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Boromir, Gimli, Legolas, Bilbo.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Sean, Ginny, Dean, Neville, Luna, Cho.

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom.

Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio, Macbeth, Macduff, Hamlet, Ophelia, Othello, Desdemona, Iago.

16. Bilbo, Kili, Fili, Bifur,Bofur, Bombur, Balin, Dwalin, Ori, and Thorin Oakenshield.

17. Oh, poor mama! She looks exhausted! :c

As for names, I agree; we need details on genders.

18. Hawkeye, BJ, Frank, Hotlips, Colonel Potter, Klinger, Radar, Henry, Charles, and Trapper John.

19. Kiwi, Mango, Mojo, Pumpkin, Tippy, Doodles, Noodles, Sweetie, BonBon…kisses to all babies and extra trets and luvs for Mama…

20. Mary (the first) says:

Exactly what I had except for “Noel”.. I was thinking maybe “Snoopy” just to break it up a bit.

21. Mary (the first) says:

Dang it posted in the wrong space because I didn’t read down far enough and was going to endorse “Olive” the other reindeer! Of course!

22. Mary (the first) says:

So, you medical people, help me out here on the anatomy, wouldn’t a c-section on a doglet kind of be in the way of the “meelk bar” as they call it? Just curious… she does seem to be doing ok ..

23. BABEE BEEGLES!
    Big kisses and lots of treats to Mom. Good work, girl!

24. That is quite the navity story.

25. Scamp, Daisy, Buster, Dingo, Molly, John Boy, Laddie, Jip, Fred, and Roscoe.

26. lisaLASSIE says:

Applause!

(Jelly?)

27. Niblet, Monkey, Pudding, Munch, Atticus, Pickle, Maggie, Zipper,Daisy, Maya

28. Those are all excellent dog names!

29. Lillian, Miguel, Anneliese, Ivy, Lauryl, Iris, Periwinkle, Javier, Reiko, Lydia!

30. Kari Callin says:

It’s midline, between the rows of teats. So not too bad, just a little more vascular than if she wasn’t lactating. :D

31. Kari Callin says:

I have one name. Frog! :)

32. Name them after types of cheeses!!!

33. I had to look up the term “piggy in the middle”. I knew it from XTC’s “Living Through Another Cuba”, but it is British for the kid’s game that we in the colonies call Keep Away.

34. Raspberry, Apricot, Guava, Plum, Apple, Kiwi, Limey, Peaches, Mango, Blueberry

35. hahaha thanks – and I’m happy to share :)
    ’tis the season, and all

36. That’s a lot o’ puppehs!

37. rescue gal says:

Why don’t people spay and neuter their pets? *sigh*

38. Sputnik, Lola, Maribel, Ringo, Sam, Stinky, Rosie, Archie, Betty, Cleo

39. Bobby, Cobby, Dobby, Fobby, Hobby, Jobby, Lobby, Mobby, Nobby & Pobby!
    You won’t have confused pups at all, they all come running when you yell Obby!

40. Puppy, puppy, other puppy, another puppy, and…

…Oh who am I kidding? I’d be too busy making happy noises to call any of them by name!

41. Because otherwise there would be no adorable puppeh and kitteh pics to post on Cute Overload.

42. MOM is a beautiful overachiever !!! :)

43. :)

44. For some reason I find myself loving the Shakespeare meme!!!

45. YES

46. Names? OK!!! Following are four versions of a system.

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten.
    Alternatively:
    Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq, Six, Sept, Huit, Neuf, Dix ….or
    Ichi, Ni, San, Shii, Go, Rohu….or
    Odin, Tva, Trii, Chetiri…

47. Hey, it worked for George Foreman!

48. How do you know it isn’t a foster/rescue situation?

49. Poor mummy beagle! I wonder if her hoomins are helping with supplementary feeding. Tha’s a whole lot of babies. Poor, poor mummy!

50. Whatever you do, one of them has to be named Bubba.

51. (The Original) Mel says:

Well, I have to go with ye olde favorite twin names: Oranjello and Lemonjello.

52. theoriginalmel says:

That about does it for me.

53. Msdove-thejrtlady says:

Or that those babies are going to go only to forever homes. And if that home is not forever mamas hoomins will take tha baby back to find a new forever home. Mama does not seem to stuck in a cramped cage so I bet her mom and dad are very loving and responsible doggie owners

54. Twinkle, Kareena, Kajol, Bindu, Rani, Raja, Zayed, Kunal, Raj, Johnny.

55. #1-Mike, Carol, Alice, Greg, Marsha, Peter, Jan, Bobby, Cindy, Oliver
    #2-Shirley, Rubin, Kieth , Laurie, Danny,Tracy, Chris, Buffy , Jody, Sissy
    #3-Sharon, Bobby, Lonnie, Tommy, Annette,Darlene,Cubby , Karen, Doreen, & Jimmy

56. Magilla's Mom says:

In this spirit, Magilla Glub Glub would like to suggest:
    Rimwe, Kabiri, Gatatu, Kane, Gatanu, Gatandatu, Karindwi, Umunane, Icyenda, Icumi

57. dandelionwineinthesummertime says:

Oh goodness! What a little trooper she is! I hope she gets some rest soon.

Some ideas for names: Falkor, Atreyu, River, Pizza, Pie Man, Cupcake Kid, Cheeseburger, Joe, Hazel, Ruby. <3

58. dandelionwineinthesummertime says:

Ha ha someone has recently watched the Hobbit ;)

59. 6 names for boys: Loki, Bosco, Lego, Mr. Right, Oscar, Muffin,
    6 Names for young ladys: Ms. Marple, Belanna, Whisper, Frizbee, Chica, Eo.
    Ok, some of them you can use for both boys and girls …

60. pupfanatic says:

Just 10 leetle cow print beagle puplets…nuthin to see here. Move along. (I’s just happens to be wearin’ a 10 pocket raincoat. It’s a coincidence, I swear!!)

61. pupfanatic says:

And I’m just holding a Mama beagle sized basket w/ me…SO???!!!

62. Mary (the first) says:

Thanks, I was more kind of wondering about the puppehs bothering stitches and so on. Apparently it’s all OK, those are happy, plump lookin’ puppers!

63. No no no noooo noooh human first names!! Why people do that for pets, I will never understand!

64. like these a LOT

65. nice :)

66. …. and George? :D

67. Boop, Bam, Pow, Woosh, Beep, Whisper, Crash, Sigh, Roar, Hum, Clonk and Rustle

68. Stressfactor says:

Also, because some people do use their Beagles for hunting or dog showing and so it makes sense to breed them to try to get more good hunting dogs or show dogs.

The only problem comes when people do irresponsible, uncareful breeding in which they breed the dogs too often and/or are not selective of the other dogs they breed them to.

69. Malyndia Arechiga says:

Itsy and Bitsy, Teeny and Weeny, Ricky and Lucy, George and Gracie, Joshua and Moses, Smokey and the Bandit; Pinky; Pooh Bear and Piglet; Misty, Melody, Lincoln, Chevy. Dodge, Freddi, Franky, Phoebe and Chloe…

70. Big Christmas wish for loving forever homes for all the puppies and that their new owners spay/neuter each one when the time comes…

71. Lucy's Mommeh says:

All our current kitties have Hooman names. There’s Lucy (She was found under what I thought was a pumpkin plant) Tabitha-because my husband said she looked like a former in law who wore too much makeup) and Molly-a thrice-owned previously used model who came with the name Millie. She was Olive in her first home.

72. Every single dog I or my family has ever had was given a human name (Katie, Teddy, Katie, Teddy, Sam, Barney, Charlie, Paulie, Gracie, Lily, Ozzy and Zack). I actually can’t imagine NOT giving a dog a human name. :)

73. phred's mom says:

The nursing must be, to use the medical
    euphemism, “a little uncomfortable”. Give
    Mama lots of TLC, she needs it!

74. YAY MGG!!!

75. Here’s another idea; Larry, Darryl and My Other Brother Darryl for three of ‘em!!

76. names for the puppys:
    boys: mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,
    and for the girls: mine, mine, mine, mine and mine
    I must have them ALL, they are too qte!!

77. Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Relm, Strago, Shadow, Gao and GoGo.

78. I am with you, Rachael. All my pets have hoomin first AND middle names. It’s only proper. (Cats – Jackson Miles, Maisey Alice, Hamsters – Amelia Jane, Gabrielle [Gabby] Catherine, Hermit crab – Sheldon Ishmael). :-D

79. Why wouldn’t they? It’s all just various sounds put together… human names in one language may mean nothing in another. My cats are named Cletus, Matisse, Molly, Sparky, Elaine, Patches, Daisy, Alex, Libby, and Samantha. All good names! :)

80. Sol, Mercury, Venus, Rocky (aka third rock from the sun), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uri (can’t do the whole name to a puppy, sorry), Neptune, Pluto (for the runt of the litter, of course)

Or
    Titan, Rhea, Dione, Pandora, Pheobe, Janus, Calypso, Atlas, Pan, Helene

(Moons of Saturn)

81. Sol, Mercury, Venus, Rocky (aka third rock from the sun), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uri (can’t do the whole name to a puppy, sorry), Neptune, Pluto (for the runt of the litter, of course)

82. bookmonstercats says:

You beat me to it ;)

83. Jean-Luc! Set phasers to squee!

84. Darryl and Darryl can be the two matching ones from the second pic.

85. Baroomir?

86. We always called it Monkey or Pickle in the Middle.

87. All my pets have a proper people name and a fluffymuffins pet name.

88. I will love them and pet them and name them George.

89. “Pink bandage of honor” = WIN!

90. Titan, Rhea, Dione, Pandora, Pheobe, Janus, Calypso, Atlas, Pan, Helene

(Moons of Saturn)

91. I would pop them all in mah mouf like I do with the pretzel nuggets from Aunt Annies.

Sharktopus, pirahnaconda, mansquito, dinocroc, supergator, frankenfish, gateroid, mega shark, mongolian death worm, and Tim.

92. Cheddah, Gouda, Provolone, Nacho, Monterrey Jack, Brie, Gruyere, Gorgonzolla, Romano, and Wensleydale.

93. Jack, Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Hurley, Charlie, Claire, Desmond, Penny, and Ben (or Linus)

94. For some reason I find Gorgonzolla to be the best pup name ever!

95. 4 boys, 6 girls

96. I even give my chickens human names, and my parakeet’s name is Allen haha :D

97. I like them names :D

98. Love “Tim” – who demands his own shrubbery, of course :)

99. I was going to suggest the same names except with Clarisse (Rudy’s girlfriend) as the last one!

100. Excellent!

101. This was going to be my suggestion as well!

102. No worries, rescue gal! She is spayed, now. I am her foster mom. They spayed her when they did the c-section. Her owners surrendered her to a local shelter when they found that she was pregnant. She is in good hands now, and all of her little pups will be spayed/neutered before going to their fur-ever homes. :-)

103. Yeah, because they don’t want no “Mo.” :mrgreen:

104. Taco Truck says:

Elsa, Claybourne, Lily, Flo, Dorothy, Taters, Gloria, Mister Dog, Miercoles, and Shoe.

…I have always wanted a Beagle name Shoe. (shrug)

105. Also also for the girls:

Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy and Marmie or

Jane, Emily, Emma, Charlotte, Anne, Elizabeth, and Elinor

106. I have a great name the suits them all, lets name then all Mine ;)

107. Andi in NC says:

Love!!!!

108. rescue gal says:

No- Stressfactor, that is FAR from only time there is a problem.

109. phred's mom says:

yep, monkey in the middle it is.
    Used to play this with our cat.

110. Mugsy/Pugsy – Sherlock/Holmes – Ffloyd/Llloyd – Burrito/Tamale – Harold/Maude – Ruby/Opal – BonTon/WonTon

111. Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Rajesh, Penny, Amy, Leslie, Priya, Bernadette, Bazinga

112. Been watching M.A.S.H. re-runs? I approve!

113. In fact, the caption now specifies that this is the sender-inner’s FOSTER dog.

114. hollys_mum says:

I totally agree with the no human names. My friend had a cat called Julie. It’s so wrong!

115. Especially the last one! (I was never much of a Partridge Family fan. And Marsha and Cindy bugged me.)

116. Sheldon Ishmael has got to be the awesomest, most excellent pet name EVER for a crab!!!

117. GYPSY, RHETT, SCARLET, WILLOW, WILL, KATE, DEXTER & HANNA

118. *sighs, taps foot, shakes head* tsk! *slides red wagon behind the door*

119. OOPS ! THAT’S ONLY 8, BEAGLES ARE ADORABLE !
    ADD NICKY & NICOLE

120. Wait….have you been watching a SyFy disaster weekend marathon?

121. Beagirls and boygles.

122. Esme, Magrat, Gytha, Agnes, Tiffany, Nac, Mac, Feegle, Vimes, and Death.

123. Here’s ten boy names:
    Feanor, Fingolfin, Finarfin, Maedhros. Maglor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Amrod , Amras.
    and ten girl names:
    Nerdanel, Anaire, Earwen, Mirel, Indis, Aredhel, Nerwen, Idril, Luthien, Finduilas ,
    (Yes, I am a Tolkien geek…)

124. If Mama Beagle’s humans want to go Biblical, there are Jacob’s sons: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin. As for girls: Ruth, Naomi, Esther, Vashti, Zipporah, Judith, Deborah, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah. What’s the mama dog’s name? I hope she was spayed after the birth; the poor sweetie shouldn’t have to go through that again.

125. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Pig Pen, Schroder, Little Red Head, Linus, Sally, Patty, Chuck and Snoopy.

126. Ooooh I vote for these!

127. ilikechocolatemilk says:

Good thing you didn’t pick VETinari!
    Although I would have picked Dribbler instead of Death.

128. Pete and Re-Pete for the twins!

129. Colby, Monterey, Parmesan, Munster, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Feta, Provolone, Asiago, Parmigiano, Pecorino, Swiss, Colby Jack, Babybel, Mascarpone, Queso…

130. Jude, When I was a kid my mother named a cock a poo “FOO FOO” because it sounded “french” (remember the dog was 1/2 poodle) I apologized to the dog & promised I would NEVER give an animal an “animal” name again. That’s why I now have a : Knucklehead, Harley (what can I say my hubby likes motorcycles), Stoney (Stoneware), Tenmoku ( a type of ceramic glaze because she’s black with a brown under coat like the glaze is black where thick & red- brown where it’s thin) Raku (A method of firing for ceramic objects that leaves unglazed clay jet black like she is) and Mommacita.

131. yyeeeeeesssss that’s brill :)

132. also yes.

133. :)

134. YAY Roberta S, Mama Dawg and ALL HER poopies !!!

135. whut ’bout ‘Mericun????

136. ba dum bum!

137. cheeze-wiz! That’s def all-American

138. hmmmm. ’tis the season to be jolly, rescue gal, so let’s have a cup ‘o cheer and cheer on the wonderful people who are loving this brave momma.

139. my tongue just got all twisted, just like Magilla Glub Glub’s

140. the best kind to watch!

141. Rotten previous owners, dumping a girl like that when she’s most vulnerable. Like a guy leaving his pregnant wife/girlfriend out in the cold. I’m glad you came to the rescue. Those pups are adorable and Mom looks tired but proud.

142. *thumbs WAY up!*

143. My three rats are Aaron, Derek, and Spencer, for three of the characters on one of my favorite TV shows, “Criminal Minds” .
    Their colors match the appearances of the characters – Aaron is white with a jet black head, Derek is brown all over, and Spencer is white with a light brown head. Spencer is also the youngest.
    Strangely, they also turned out to have personalities that match their ‘characters’ – Aaron is the boss, Derek is the most laid-back, and Spencer is the smartest, and the one who gets into trouble the most….

144. Vanessa, rest easy, the Mama Beagle is my foster and she is a trooper, she is dining on Ziwi Peak and other high calorie, highly nutritious foods. So far, her babies have not been interested in any supplemental feeding, she’s doing such a great job. But we’re ready to pitch in if necessary. Who knew such a petite little gal could manage all of these babies? What a great Mama! She’s going to spend the rest of her life being treated like the queen that she is.

145. I luffs her and all them pupsters and you! Poor hoomin foster mummy too!

146. sabrina rose says:

Good luck when they’re “teenagers!”

147. Max Emma Sammi Hammi Harry Kate Valintine Alex Bob Middleton

148. Ravensfrost says:

Isaac,Darwin, Einstein and Tesla for the boys.
    Marie, Florence, Beatrix, Émilie, Lise, Irène, Augusta ( or Ada would work instead), Grace, Dorothy and Rosalind.

Ok so I have a thing for the great people of the sciences.

149. Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori and Ori :)

150. Now I want a dog so I can name her Hotlips.

151. Pickle! Pickle! That is the best dog name in the history of time.

152. Well, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha takes up three pup names. Brilliant.

153. :D I actually own Sharktopus on DVD. :D

154. name one of them olive! and i like the name margot too.

155. VETinari. hee.
    How about Ooook instead of Death, since Death is a cat person

156. What about;

Boys: Sam, Fred, Nobby, Carrot

Girls: Esme, Magrat, Gytha, Agnes, Tiffany, Amber and Letitia (or Eskarina)

157. John, Paul, George, Ringo, Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, Lucky, and Cadpig.

(I could only remember two of the pups’ names from 101 Dalmatians….)

158. Here is the list (allegedly) from both the book and
    more, from one of the films (the animated one, from Disney , evidently…)

159. :)

also I’m fairly partial to the seventh name here, *for some unidentifiable reason*

160. YAY for this

161. Also also?

Peter, Edmund, Susan, Lucy, Tumnus, Aslan …

162. Mama Beagle’s name has been ‘officially’ determined by the shelter Board of Directors as Mama Cassie. She will NOT be going through this again, as she was spayed during the C-Section. The vet reported that she sighed a very deep AMEN! after coming out from under anesthesia. :-)

163. Thorin Oakenshield is such a big name for such tiny puppies!

164. Fleglefleis, Flegleflum, Boobookaze, Fimiroo, Piddlepoo, Lilirum, Hogocake, Grettelbum, Grettleboo, Fujikix.

165. works, for ME :)

166. All cute, but time to get Mom spayed!

167. I do rather like the scientist meme. Are you aware that Einstein had a girlfriend/ wife in Austria who was — in very unconventional situation a female physicist???
    Her name was Mileva. See the below:

168. all these names and no one suggested these:
    bella, edward, jacob, renesmee, carlisle, esme, emmett, rosalie, jasper, alice.
    mama’s name can (should) be stephenie meyer.

169. My family always names pets after authors. Hugo (Victor), Dante, Oscar (Wilde), Austen (Jane), Bronte (Charlotte or Emily), or literary characters especially associated with loyalty and friendship such as Samwise or Horatio.

170. Alice and Riley — our bunz. Often, rescues come to us with names already given. Not sure I cotton to those who change their names. Kinda confusing for the critters? But then, no more so, perhaps, than the dozens of nicknames we give them ;-)

171. Done! Kelly, they spayed her during the c-section, she’s my foster dog and all of her pups will be spayed/neutered before being adopted. Thank you for caring.

172. Tana Siemaszko says:

Belle, Snoopy, Marbles, Andy, Spike, Olaf, Molly and Rover, Snoopy’s mom was Missy and his dad Baxter…if you’re going to have Charlie Brown/Peanuts names, you gotta name some of em after Snoopy and his siblings.

173. Current two cats are Calvin and Hobbes, but the next ones will be (Geoffrey) Chaucer and (Jane) Austen. :) Love the author names!

174. Silver Rune says:

Spots and Dots for the twins.
    Holly, Jolly, Rocky, Shiloh, Belle, Mouse, Moose, Jersey Milk, Coco, Pudding,

175. Twins: If girls, either Heaven and Nevaeh or Holly and Polly (random!)
    If boys, either Harry and Jerry or Gerald and Therald (again, random!)
    If boy and girl, then Elvis and Priscilla.

176. I had one named Mr. J. P. Crinklebine :-)

177. this has my vote!

178. Thank YOU, Roberta S!!