POLL: Who’s Blorpier?

[Or is it “Blorpiest?” -Ed]

To tell the truth, I think it’s the Manatee in a landslide, but the Hippo is awful cute. Have at it.

8218059782_a94c435536_b
8203847709_ab719c22d0_b

Manatee from Da Intertubes, discovered by Mrs. Brinke. Hippo photo from The Telegraph by way of Cesar March/Barcroft Media.

Comments

1. Blorpy, blorpier, blorpiest, most blorpiestest.

2. The hippo looks anorexic compared to Mr. Manatee. :)

3. Elaine From L.A. says:

I won, I won!!!

But I almost answered #4 thinking that the reference to the wombat reference might be a very tricky trick question :~)

But I do have another candidate for the Most Blorpy, although more petite in it’s Blorpitude.

And yes, skippymom, I do believe you are grammatically correct :~)

4. I voted for option 4 because I am obnoxious.

5. “It’s the most blorpiest time of the year…”
    Ain’t that the truth? Either one of these could be me, post-office-holiday-party.

6. The most obnoxious, or the obnoxiousest?

7. If you’re so blorpy you can’t want on your appendages and you’re so slow dophlins call you “buoy”…

8. Barbara Manatee is def the blorpiestest, but I still love Happy Hippo’s cheesy grin.

9. Arachnophile says:

I had to vote manatee because, as cute as they are, if you know anything about hippos you know that one is looking at those kids with malice in it’s heart.

“I would totally eat those!”

10. *ahem*
    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas! Only a hippopotamus will do. I don’t want a doll. No dinky tinker toys. I want a hippo to play with and enjoy….

11. Blorpy is cute!
    At least that’s what I tell myself when I look in the mirror…

12. “walk,” not “want.” We all want our appendages, except for those suffering body modifcation disorder.

13. My thoughts exactly. I mean, look at that almost shapeless round manatee blorp! Blorpidy-blorp blorpittude city. Blorpiestest buoy among blorpy sea-creatures. Blorpblorpbollrrppooll… anyway.

14. I am the most obnoxiousest person you have ever known.

15. A blorp is a blorp of course, of course…..

16. Martha in Washington says:

Self Affirmation will get you through the day. :)

“I”m good enough.
    I’m blorpy enough.
    And Gosh darnit, people like me!”

17. But seriously . . . how does anything that blorpy stay under water???? Blorp floats, right? You’d think they’d be struggling mightily just to keep from popping back up to the surface constantly.

18. I know! If blorp and curved bellehs were as cute on humans as they are on animals . . . well, let’s just say the men would be lined up at my door, OK?

19. Well, if you want to get all grammatical about it . . . . The answer to ‘Ed.’s’ question is that “blorpier” is correct, because you are comparing just TWO. You’d have to be comparing three or more to use the superlative.

20. skippymom says:

They’d be beating down my door.

21. skippymom says:

I am in moderation for the second time today, and still no one has brought me a blasted Yoohoo.

22. Unless you’re skippymom…

23. Depends on what your definition of “blorpier” is.

24. Unlikely is the manatee:
    He floats along, as you can see,
    Just like a dirgible.
    And though he really weighs a ton,
    He floats along like he weighs none
    ‘Cause he’s submergible!

25. May I humbly offer you a Chocovine, skippymom? It’s like Yoohoo but with some delightful tipsiness inducing qualities….

26. Colbert Report interview: “Manatee! Blorpy critter, or Blorpiest critter?”

27. *hic*

28. YOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

29. Exactly correct, Judy B. Grammar nerds, unite!

30. May I humbly offer you a Chocovine, skippymom? It’s like Yoohoo but with some delightful tipsiness inducing qualities…

31. skippymom says:

hic, hic, hooray! Thank you, maggie.

32. Only if you drink the bhole wottle…

33. @ teh Skippymom:

“tee hee, tee heeier, tee heeiest.” :)

34. um?

35. *raises hand, hesitantly*
    “but, ma’am??”

“You haven’t met me brudders….”

36. So you’re an Obnox! 8O

37. These were xactly my own leanings; thus, Ah deed not vowt een thees powl.
    Thee opshuns wich matched my brain wuz not thearrrre.

38. skippymom says:

clapclapclap

39. The answer is none. None more blorpy.

40. OH OH THIS IS THE BILL CLINTON BIT, right??

“That all depends on your definition of “is”, is.” 8-O

Signed,
    (Probably) Not His Finest Shining Moment

41. Will a “regular” YOO HOO DOOOOO?

[instead of a “blasted” one….giggle?]

42. HEY I just wrote you out an RX for a yoooooooooohooooooooo and the stoopid blasted uncooperative hunkawhyIoughtta………garbledywhyinmy day…..

stoopid….oh, sorry
    stupid computer systems zapped my gift to you.

WhyIoughtta…. *raises tiny fists*
    *stamps tiny feet in outrage*

43. the manatee has the higher ratio of body volume to leg size – is that not a valid measure of blorpiness?

44. Leilani, for some reason, I feel compelled to counter your manateease with something also marine and perhaps similar in riddim and in mood; which was, surprisingly enough, written NOT by Ogden Nash, but by somebody called Dixon Lanier Merritt, ca 1910. or so sez the webpage where I just read it.

A wonderful bird is the pelican. His bill will hold more than his belican. He can take in his beak Food enough for a week, But I’m damned if I see how the helican.

45. ……and no one can talk to a blorp, of course ….

46. I thought the answer was 49???

47. Judy, I just spent approximately 5000 years attempting to locate an answer to this question …..the closest that I could find, to answering it, is that they stay under just briefly….sessions under, then surfacing. What I couldn’t find is the “how the staying under” occurs mechanically/ body parts, etc. The statements all estimated the time under vs. surfacing time.

However I did encounter lots of way-cool manatee-ish things. To wit the following, only one page from an item with numerous and many sub-pages of manatee coloring sheets, a manatee cursor for your computer screen, etc etc etc and also etc.

Here’s one sample item from that set of pages:

48. “iszhere a prollem, *hic*/ BELCH, occifer????”

49. *wild applause all ’round*

50. Now how many mmaannaatteeees do you see?

51. manatees have always been cute to me but never fathomed that a hippo could be so cute!

52. I think the correct answer is 42 if you are referencing the Hitchhiker’s Guide/Douglas Adams and the mice.

53. Oh can we please create a world where this is true?!

54. No , I’M the tag team champions ! (sorry, I watch way too much wrestling & boy does it make me obnoxious !)

55. Can we get a manatee belly button-hance??

56. Wow somehow this jumped up really far in the timeline of posts!

57. …..unless of course the blorp is the famous Mister Bloorrrrrrrp! :-)

58. I LOVE Yoohoo. Used to work at a radio station, there was a corner market, our production director would stick his head in my door and say, ‘want one? makin’ a Yoohoo run!’

59. Have chosen option 4. Why make us choose?!! That’s just impossib.

60. lisaLASSIE says:

(8) It’s impossible, try to choose between the blorps it’s just impossible.
    It’s impossible, tell a puggle not to slorp it’s just impossibuuuuuuul
    Can you hold a manatee to ya, and not feel love flowing through ya.
    Count the seconds, you don’t watch Cute Overload, it’s just impossible.

All the critters, that we see here on this site are just adorable.
    If we saw them, all together in a room we’d crash the door just like a bullllllll.
    And tomorrow, if you offered me a hippo I would grab it,
    And ride off while laughly madly cause I hab it,
    For to live without the Cute is just impossible,
    Impossible.
    La la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaa, impossible.

61. emmberrann says:

Howzat? Mmmph… Wombats, you say? I din’t see no wombats… I dunno if you could call wombats blorpy, I think wombats are more tanky than blorpy, personally ,

62. For $25 you can adopt a manatee! This is a great Christmas gift for kids… they get a calendar and a certificate of adoption. I used to live in Coral Gables and the manatees were so blorpitudinously adorbs! They’d even bring their babies around to look at the hoomans. http://savethemanatee.org/adoptpag.htm

63. Blorporific blorporama on that manatee!

64. bookmonstercats says:

I answered number 4 because i have an enquiring mind and I like wombats:)

I am a lawyer, ergo I am never obnoxious.

res ipsa loquitor

65. bookmonstercats says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only person on this site who’s old enough to reference Mr Ed.

66. bookmonstercats says:

I’m cringing. I have short legs and an …… impressive ……. body volume

67. bookmonstercats says:

Standing ovash.

68. bookmonstercats says:

Being serious for a moment, I am completely in awe of the hippo. Imagine being able to get that close to one that is actually regardez-vousing you back. I bet those children will remember it for the rest of their lives.

69. phred's mom says:

Not Ogden Nash? Another myth shot
    in the blorpiness.

70. :D

71. The hippo is an animal with a whole lot of blorp on it.

The manatee is a whole lot of blorp with an animal in it.
    ;)

72. Fans of manatees MUST be aware of this fabulous song:

73. Manatee sounds = cool.

Manatee cursor = OMG HOW HAVE I LIVED SO LONG WITHOUT THIS?!?!

74. THIS IS UBER COOLOSITY, man

75. *curtseys in pleated skirt*

(it did look as though the various pages had some Darn Fun Stuff innit ;) )

76. You left out the “I’m dying to poke them both in the belly” option!

77. I voted manatee because they live on a diet of lettuce, and they still never lose any weight. I can relate….. not really I eat lots o’ cheese!