Everybody’s a Critic!

You know, some of us are just trying to hone our art. We have to practice and we really don’t appreciate the sepia toned display of obvious dislike. If we wanted a review we’d have read a paper. Harumph!

We want Skippy to be the only judge on America’s Got Talent, Masumi H.

Comments

1. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Man, that flute is rather shrill. Skippy is probably like, “Dude, STOP!” :)

2. lol, I think so too. My brother’s dog, a black lab mix, will sing/howl like that when the kids play the harmonica…

3. It’s official: I’m in loff. I have a real weakness for hua huas to begin with but Skippy has stolen my heart. Between the barrage of baroos, the apple-shaped noggin and the guy liner, I’m ded.

4. May I have him?

Also, what’s with the spooky Nosferatuesque video camera? I half expected silent movie subtitles.

5. Whose nose is that in the background?

6. Nah. Dogs are social animals, and there’s nothing they like more than a good group howl. When I was kid and learning to play the trumpet, my coonhound Foster would sing along. When I played “long tones” he would even match pitch with me (eventually). Mom would say, “You’re hurting his ears!,” and put Foster out of the house so I could practice. Foster would run around the house and under my bedroom window and keep singing.

When Foster passed away (RIP, good dog), Lumpy, the neighbor’s Basset Hound, took over singing duties as I got more serious about music. When I was about 17, Lumpy’s human apologized to my Mom about all the howling. “Don’t apologize,” I said. “Lumpy has a beautiful voice.” I won lots of “Good Teenager” cred with all the neighborhood Moms after that.

7. OMG!! THE COWSHE HAS A FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. At first, I thought I wanted a Skippy of my own for Christmas. But when Skippy started singing along, it upset my cat so much I actually had to stop playing the video. So…one non-singing Skippy for me please, Santa.

Too funny about the spooky camera work — but now I want to know how they achieved that so I can make spooky videos of my own!

9. bookmonstercats says:

Ahn!

10. bookmonstercats says:

Skippy managed to hold the key very well, I thought. :)

11. Let me sing you the song of my people.

12. Loved the ‘videobomb’ at :39! Who the heck is that!?

13. NOW WAIT JUST A DANG MINIT, here!!!!!
    *raises tiny fist*

Only ONE Skippy is allowed at the time, ’round here, isn’t there?
    Who said a person with a hua hua wuz allowed to duplicate/ adopt that moniker at the present time???

Skippymom, shall we begin a Demonstration?
    The Million Mom March??

*looks for crayons…*

14. 260Oakley says:

Never cared much for collar-atura sopranos, but I’ll make an exception for Skippy. ;)

15. Me too!! One of my kittehs was freaked out so I had to stop the video about halfway :D

16. I had no idea what you were referring too until I watched the video again, with special attention to the background. What a riot! :)

17. Me too, lol!

18. skippymom says:

This dog is named after my cat! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. skippymom says:

#$&**^#%%&^#* moderation, #&#^$*(* it!

20. The next contestant peeked over, and grew disheartened when she heard the competition, for she would never be able to hit such high “sweet” notes.

21. Can I have a %$&&*%**% Yoohoo, please?

22. Robin Kiesel says:

Our dear cat Jessie, who just passed a few weeks ago, HATED when I would sing and he would look me in the eye and yowl until I stopped.

23. Very sorry to hear about your loss. Skippy sends big hugs.

24. So sorry your Jesse has passed on, Robin. May he frolic in heavenly fields (with non-singing angels).

25. Fird, take it down a thousand! I’m actually planning to establish a Skippy Club.
    Skippies of the world, untie!

26. Bwahaha, doggie’s disappearing face starting at the 0:38 mark, as if to say “Ouch! Please make him stop!”

27. “Listen to them – children of the night. What music they make!”

28. *pouts, briefly*

29. Comin’ right up, ma’am (I hope)

I tried to link one up the other day for you and the Mod Machine got ME,
    TOO, that day!!