Hey Buddy

Wanna hang out?

Bra! I’d love to.

Josh N. volunteered at Sloth Sanctuary for two weeks and came back with loads of pictures – bet he wishes he came back with a sloth or twelve in his suitcase. See more from Josh here.

Comments

1. Such sweet faces! :-P

2. Smilin’ Sam and Chillin’ Willy are ready to hang out with you for HOURS. They’ve got nowhere to go and all the time in the world to get there.

3. Wonder what makes sloths so smiley.

4. Great photos, Josh! I definitely would not have been able to resist bringing one of those smiley fellows home…

5. Sloths always look so happy.

6. SlaveToCat says:

They have x-ray vision.

7. lindariebel says:

Dear Crazy Pants,
    I love your CO contributions, but please don’t even joke about bringing wildlife home in suitcases. That’s exactly what happens to birds and other exotic animals, which are being driven to extinction by poaching, smuggling, killing for body parts, etc. Thank you. Linda

8. Thanks Berg,

They are cute but would not make good pets. They would hang out in a tree all day and eat a very special diet made up mostly of leaves and veggies. They are very cuddly though!

9. Shameless plug – follow my animal photography page on Facebook if you like sloths, cats, dogs and other animals! https://www.facebook.com/TheFurrtographer

10. bookmonstercats says:

Linda, I understand what you mean, the mere thought makes everybody on this site shudder. I once raised h*!! in a pet shop because they had tortoises (before their import was banned in the UK) that were awake when they should have been hibernating. I was escorted off the premises, with threats of calling the local constabulary in, but they never sold any tortoises again. I consider comments like CP’s to be jokey and smiley etc on this site, and perfectly safe to make. After all, if anybody who regularly visits and posts on CO brought wildlife home in a suitcase – which wouldn’t happen – it would be a very large suitcase indeed, lined with soft, furry bedding, full of the wildlife’s favourite food and lots of cuddly companionship (or slithery, hairy, clawy, pawwwy, spitty, slobbery, as preferred). :)

11. I’d be a smiley face too if I lived at the Sloth Sanctuary….please, may I?!?!

12. “The Furrtographer”…fabulous name….super pics. Thanks for smilin’ us up..

13. 260Oakley says:

Huzzah for BMC for coming out of her shell to speak up for the tortoises!

14. Some folks might envy a Bill Gates for his incredible wealth and ability to change the world… others might envy a Meryl Streep for her amazing talent. Me? I envy Josh N for getting up close and personal with the sloths. In fact, I am positively green with envy.

My office mates already call me The Sloth Lady. :)

15. BTW, Josh, I just looked at all your pictures and you are fabulous! If I lived closer to you I’d hire you to take pictures of my puplets. Amanda Jones ain’t got nuthin on you (and she charges $1400 for a sitting). :)

16. I second the huzzah for BMC! (although not nearly as wittily…)

17. bookmonstercats says:

Bows modestly, and doesn’t say anything because, after Oakley, there ain’t nuttin’ to say.

18. Thanks Rachael! I appreciate it!!

19. Thanks Emmm :)

20. Jeff Walker says:

NIce work Josh! Love these little guys.

21. Where’s Kristen Bell…cue the tears…

22. My favorite! :)

23. Beautiful photos, Josh! I was just at the Sloth Sanctuary last month and thought it was a fabulous place. Buttercup is something else. ;) The people there do amazing work & that is so neat you were able to volunteer there. Sloths are such cute and amazing creatures!