Think Outside the Box

Sender-Inner Andrew B. says “Here are two pictures of our rescue rabbit Blake. He was kept in a small box most of his life [Grrrrrrrrrr -Ed] and we were told he’d have difficulty walking and wouldn’t last long. We’ve had him almost two years and as you can see he enjoys running in the garden a lot!”

1. elfdancer says:

Tiger bun!

2. SlaveToCat says:

Dad was a Jack Rabbit and mom was Calico Mary

3. YEA Andrew. What a wonderful wabbit!!! Blake sure looks happy now! Hope the two of you have lots of time to romp in your garden and snuggle at the end of a day.

4. Run Blake! Run!

5. :)

6. I am sorry. But, I cannot resist. Yes, I know it shows my age. ;P
    See Blake. See Blake run. Run, Blake, run!

7. I, however, am NOT sorry that you could not resist.

8. 260Oakley says:

Every time a bell rings, a rabbit gets his springs.

–from “It’s a Bunderful Life”

9. HA!

10. This is link to a cute video on a blog I read; its a budgie speaking Japanese :D

(That is a cute rabbit)

11. Uh…that’s not Japanese. That’s just chirping.

12. I am mom to a budgie. That’s not a budgie chirping, It’s speaking japanese with a budgie accent.

13. And think outside the bun! Or, think the bun outside.

14. YAY

15. Supreme Resqute. Good on ya!

16. Isn’t it amazing what love and care can do? Good job, Blake.

17. I couldn’t have said it better myself. Great job, Blake, and spectacular job, Andrew B.

18. Stretch dem laigs, Blake! Hop, hop, hop ’til you drop!

19. agreed

20. Love and care are pretty powerful when it comes to our anipals.

21. Blake looks like my first rabbit, a tortieshell netherland dwarf, cept he didn’t have long furs anywhere. Now Blake can run and critter around as much as he likes :)

22. I hate to say this, but I think bunnies may rule the ‘tock contest.
    They have the cutest little tushies I’ve seen.

23. In complete agreement, Sugitomo! :-)

24. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Blake looks like he’s sproinging happily. My bun spent too much time in a small cage before I adopted him. He did much better after being given adequate room and I’m sure Blake is super happy to be with such a nice family.

25. …Waiting for the inevitable Albuqoikie comment…

26. Well done you beautiful person, any bunny-rescuer is a hero to me ;)

27. Any rescuer is a hero to me, bunneh included! :)

28. Yay for you and Blake!

My ResQte bun was abandoned outside and survived a Chicago winter on her own because she was smart enough to figure out that people = food. She is now the pampered princess of my condo and while she loves to hang out on the deck and catch the passing breezes she is happy to be indoors now where it is safe and warm. She has free run of the place and was doing zoomies up and down the hallway last night.

29. Yay also for Chicago Bun and Wendy~!!

30. Yay, rescue success story! My Jenson was rescued from the malnurishment of an uneducated and unintentionally abusive owner. She’s a little bonkers as a result but we still love her.

31. Athena's Mom says:

Is there much cuter than a floofy BRINDLE bunneh? I don’t think soooo {sing song}…

32. Sharon Wilson says:

So are calico bunnies always female? Just wonderin’.

33. I have asked that before, and never got an answer… wonderin’ too…

34. Emmitt, my male “calico” bun, says to tell you “No.” :-)
    (Bunneh above, Blake, is male, also) :-)

35. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Definitely not. My bun is male and calico colored. I’ve seen lots of calico rabbits that are male.

36. bernadine rousseau says:

yars ago I rescued a lop who must also have been confined she could barely hop at firt…then she danced…for 5 happy years what a beautiful bun happy for you both

37. zosterops says:

I was once offered a 4 month old bunny by a zoo keeper that was intended as lion food. She and five of her siblings didn’t have the right colourings for their breed so the breeder had no use for them and gave them to the zoo. I know lions have to eat, too, but this lion had already had five and she was spared for the next day – unless someone took her home. That was the day Amelie moved in. When I put her down on the kitchen floor to look at my new flatmate she just flopped over. The space in which she had been kept had been so cramped that her hind leg had become four times its normal size and wouldn’t support her weight. I had already resigned myself to beeing the owner of a handicapped bunny, when beeing left free to roam the garden all day started to show its effects and the leg began returning to its normal size, something that had seemed impossible. Amelie became a super fast and happy outdoor rabbit who wouldn’t even come in when it was snowing outside. The vet who saw her three years later said she had never in her career seen such a healthy looking bunny : ) It seems there is a great capacity to recover in these little critters, so its probably a good idea to give even the bad cases a chance.

38. Blake, the bouncing, beautiful, brindle bunbun!! Awesome story and family!