Recent Acquisitions

The Gertrude N. Heathcliff Galleries are pleased to announce the debut of Picks, an installation by multi-media sculptor Zamboni Phoenix Ascending (née Chad Biffman). The piece consists of hundreds of holes representing legendary guitar picks that the artist has collected over the years in his imagination.

Via Kylir Horton.

1. 260Oakley says:

Obviously influenced by Pickasso.

3. *HUZZAH for 260!!*

*shakes tambourine while wearing either a fez or a beret*

4. You could keep swapping between them and call it “installation art” (or something).

5. warrior rabbit says:

Well, if she’s playing a tambourine while swapping hats, it would of course be “performance art.”

6. skippymom says:

Hey, Fird, I actually own an authentic fez! Want to borrow it?

7. ONLY If you aren’t using it to increase your Street Cred, on the corner !!! :)

(gotta ask: wha color you got?)

8. *swoons exotically and melodramatically*

9. It’s dark red. An old friend brought it back from Egypt, along with a box full of cool clothes.

10. o gawrsch the computer gods or the CO computers or something are playing malevolently agin. I jist wrote a reply,out, to you skippymom
    . *cue spooky music in the distance*

*runs away in fear of the Spooky Stuff Happening*

11. Fezzes are cool.

12. @ skippymom (maybe it will let me leave my comment now?) YES please!!

13. skippymom evidently the CO compooter duzzn’t wanna hear from me today.
    I just wrote out TWO different reply/ comments back to your generous offer and the Big Green Moderayshun Machine has ZAPPED ME

*clutches chest in @gony* “Ooooooh it GOT me……”

*stumbles away melodramatically*

14. When I first saw this, I could swear it was a bunch of guitar-pick shaped puzzle pieces!

15. But do I have to get stoned to really appreciate it?

16. Reminds me of the Hendrix song ‘Scuse me While I Nom This Ear

17. skippymom says:

18. no no no peeps it is all about this Day in the Life of the Beatles (but I like the whole guitar pick thang and the tabby kitteh is very very cuteness-oriented):

19. I bet that cat thinks that we can’t see him. He’s hiding.

20. skippymom says:

What cat?

21. heh heh.

sk’mom is OWNED by ALL kitties.

(except for those weird hairless sphynxy ones. I know I shouldn’t judge a cat
    based on its cover, ….or some such saying…)

22. I actually think those hairless cats are beautiful, but I’ve never met one.

23. UV KORSE!!!

Don’t you indulge at least elebenty fourteen furry people??

*shakes “My Hero” pompoms*

24. Skippymom, I’ve met a few. They are like the talk show hosts of cats.

25. Don’t worry skippymom. I’m not entirely prejudiced. I still like *YOU*

(Izzn’t that utterly gracious & charming??? :) )

Dirt Clod

26. skippymom says:

But–am I still your hero???

27. Supposedly, when you stroke a Sphinx, it feels like a sun-warmed peach. only purryer.

28. For about 15 frightening seconds I thought this was a legit announcement

29. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

I think that speaks more about modern art than NOMTOM’s skills of persuasion.

30. bookmonstercats says:

It is a widely held QteView that anything by NOMTOM is legitimate. If it isn’t, it should be.

31. warrior rabbit says:

Well, it was on the Internet. So it must be true. Duh! (Off to go share that lottery winner’s status update so he can give me a million dollars, as promised.)

32. what kitteh doesn’t love a laundry basket? It’s almost as good as a cardboard box…

33. I’m not the only one that thinks it’s an upended laundry basket?

34. Lewis n' Clark says:

NOMTOM + the word Zamboni = SWOON

35. AWW :D I so want to cuddle Picks :D

36. I have the exact same laundry basket, but mine has laundry in it :-(

37. skippymom says:

That is so sad.

38. skippymom says:

By the way, Gigi, I forgot to tell you: I recently saw a picture of you on something you posted, and I realized that I have always imagined you as having red hair!

39. My hair was originally golden red but it has been many colors in my life, at the moment it’s supposed to be dark ash blonde but the red keeps trying to peek thru.

40. kittehs like baskets with laundry in them, too. Clean, dirty, it doesn’t matter.

41. “Zamboni Phoenix Ascending (née Chad Biffman)” — HAHAHA!! NTMTOM, you are a quirky genius.

42. Erm, it is Dalai Lama or Salvador Dali – NOT Dali Lama. I think here you meant the first one. Hovertext correction please?

43. Ack-chew-lally, given that it’s a NTMTOM post, he probably DID mean “Dali” not “Dalai”

44. Maybe he meant the Dali Llama

45. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

It’s okay. Cats can’t spell very well.

46. ;)

47. thelittlemyrmidon says:

Like the Red Skelton reference!

48. OMG someone watched Red Skelton (gertrude & heathcliffe) and Laugh-In Ferd Berfle of Farkle family fame! I love you all and I love this site!

49. OMG I love you too b’c you knew Laugh-In Fird Birfle of Farkle family fame!!! :)