Recent Acquisitions

The Gertrude N. Heathcliff Galleries are pleased to announce the debut of Picks, an installation by multi-media sculptor Zamboni Phoenix Ascending (née Chad Biffman). The piece consists of hundreds of holes representing legendary guitar picks that the artist has collected over the years in his imagination.

Via Kylir Horton.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Obviously influenced by Pickasso.

2. AAAAAAHHHH!

3. But do I have to get stoned to really appreciate it?

4. Reminds me of the Hendrix song ‘Scuse me While I Nom This Ear

5. no no no peeps it is all about this Day in the Life of the Beatles (but I like the whole guitar pick thang and the tabby kitteh is very very cuteness-oriented):

6. *HUZZAH for 260!!*

*shakes tambourine while wearing either a fez or a beret*

7. No, Theresa. However I’ll bet you will appreciate THIS:

8. I bet that cat thinks that we can’t see him. He’s hiding.

9. For about 15 frightening seconds I thought this was a legit announcement

10. You could keep swapping between them and call it “installation art” (or something).

11. bookmonstercats says:

It is a widely held QteView that anything by NOMTOM is legitimate. If it isn’t, it should be.

12. skippymom says:

Excellent.

13. skippymom says:

Hey, Fird, I actually own an authentic fez! Want to borrow it?

14. skippymom says:

What cat?

15. what kitteh doesn’t love a laundry basket? It’s almost as good as a cardboard box…

16. ONLY If you aren’t using it to increase your Street Cred, on the corner !!! :)

(gotta ask: wha color you got?)

17. heh heh.

sk’mom is OWNED by ALL kitties.

Signed,
    AsamI
    (except for those weird hairless sphynxy ones. I know I shouldn’t judge a cat
    based on its cover, ….or some such saying…)

18. I actually think those hairless cats are beautiful, but I’ve never met one.

19. o gawrsch the computer gods or the CO computers or something are playing malevolently agin. I jist wrote a reply,out, to you skippymom
    . *cue spooky music in the distance*

AND MY COMMENT HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!

*runs away in fear of the Spooky Stuff Happening*

20. skippymom evidently the CO compooter duzzn’t wanna hear from me today.
    I just wrote out TWO different reply/ comments back to your generous offer and the Big Green Moderayshun Machine has ZAPPED ME

*clutches chest in @gony* “Ooooooh it GOT me……”

*stumbles away melodramatically*

21. When I first saw this, I could swear it was a bunch of guitar-pick shaped puzzle pieces!

22. Lewis n' Clark says:

NOMTOM + the word Zamboni = SWOON

23. Fezzes are cool.

24. AWW :D I so want to cuddle Picks :D

25. warrior rabbit says:

Well, if she’s playing a tambourine while swapping hats, it would of course be “performance art.”

26. warrior rabbit says:

Well, it was on the Internet. So it must be true. Duh! (Off to go share that lottery winner’s status update so he can give me a million dollars, as promised.)

27. I have the exact same laundry basket, but mine has laundry in it :-(

28. Don’t worry skippymom. I’m not entirely prejudiced. I still like *YOU*

(Izzn’t that utterly gracious & charming??? :) )

Signed,
    Dirt Clod

29. skippymom says:

That is so sad.

30. skippymom says:

But–am I still your hero???

31. skippymom says:

By the way, Gigi, I forgot to tell you: I recently saw a picture of you on something you posted, and I realized that I have always imagined you as having red hair!

32. kittehs like baskets with laundry in them, too. Clean, dirty, it doesn’t matter.

33. @ skippymom (maybe it will let me leave my comment now?) YES please!!

34. UV KORSE!!!

Don’t you indulge at least elebenty fourteen furry people??

*shakes “My Hero” pompoms*

35. “Zamboni Phoenix Ascending (née Chad Biffman)” — HAHAHA!! NTMTOM, you are a quirky genius.

36. My hair was originally golden red but it has been many colors in my life, at the moment it’s supposed to be dark ash blonde but the red keeps trying to peek thru.

37. Supposedly, when you stroke a Sphinx, it feels like a sun-warmed peach. only purryer.

38. Erm, it is Dalai Lama or Salvador Dali – NOT Dali Lama. I think here you meant the first one. Hovertext correction please?

39. Skippymom, I’ve met a few. They are like the talk show hosts of cats.

40. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

I think that speaks more about modern art than NOMTOM’s skills of persuasion.

41. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

It’s okay. Cats can’t spell very well.

42. Ack-chew-lally, given that it’s a NTMTOM post, he probably DID mean “Dali” not “Dalai”

43. Maybe he meant the Dali Llama

44. I’m not the only one that thinks it’s an upended laundry basket?

45. thelittlemyrmidon says:

Like the Red Skelton reference!

46. It’s dark red. An old friend brought it back from Egypt, along with a box full of cool clothes.

47. *swoons exotically and melodramatically*

48. OMG someone watched Red Skelton (gertrude & heathcliffe) and Laugh-In Ferd Berfle of Farkle family fame! I love you all and I love this site!

49. OMG I love you too b’c you knew Laugh-In Fird Birfle of Farkle family fame!!! :)

50. ;)