Oh, Deer

The nose is real and the antlers are fake. No, no, the antlers are real and the nose is fake. No, wait a minute, the nose is real, the antlers are real and the eyes are fake!

Sender-Inner Soren says this is Trixie, the Christmas Greyhound.

1. “Hey there Little Red Riding Hood
    You sure are looking good”
    Everything a big bad doggeh could want

2. YAY for this

3. boooop!

Soren, if you’re reading this, where did Trixie get that hat?! She’s darling :)

(though crochet ears are not nearly as delicious-looking as puppeh’s natural ears would be, I’m sure)

4. Alba's Servant says:

tracylee, they are also being auctioned on facebook by Alibar to benefit a galgo-charity in Spain called Galgos del Sol! I got one for Alba from them, can’t wait to try it on for the first time!

5. They’re knitted ears. I have a very similar hat for myself, though I’m not nearly so cute in it:

6. Thanks! Yes, it’s http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deer-with-little-antlers-hat – a lot of greyhound people have made them for their deer puppies :)

7. ThirdShift says:

I’ve seen this picture on Reddit! It is adorable. You can google for the knit pattern. @tracylee, we lost Willoughby Thanksgiving Day. I made a little comment about it but that post has disappeared. We’re terribly heartbroken of course.

8. Oh Third, I’m so sorry to hear that :.(

I’m absolutely heartbroken for you! what a tough time :(

9. ThirdShift says:

Thank you Peeps. We’re sad beyond words; I haven’t had the heart to put up his food bowls and blankets and things. Willoughby had the attention span of a may fly and was never able to bluff so he’d have a losing hand at poker. He was doing so well so it was a devastating shock to us. We cried for days.

Seems there’s a lot of greyhound/sighthound/lurcher humins on CO, we should make a sub-chapter.

10. oh so sad :( so sorry about Willoughby :(
    Sympathies by the truckload to you, ThirdShift

Tell Willoughby to look up my guy Salinger. He’s prolly playing poker and smoking ceegars up there; Willoughby should join the game!!!

11. phred's mom says:

If Willoughby is smart, he will look up
    Phred and Ben-him and join with them
    and Salinger for that poker. A good time
    will be had by all.

12. Can guinea pigs joing the poker game too? My Cupcake recently crossed the Rainbow Bridge too.

13. as long as they bring their own exercise wheel. Salinger doesn’t have one, to the best of my knowledge ….

14. Reading about your loss just hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess I thought you’d have more time with your baby boy but I guess it was not to be. He’s at peace now and waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Imagine the reunion you’ll have!

Be strong, sweetie. I know how painful it is but your little boy would not want you to suffer. *gentle hugs*

15. skippymom says:

I’m so, so sorry. The little guy put up a good fight. Sending you big hugs.

16. ThirdShift says:

Moderation. CO does not like teh sad.

17. I never knew Rudoph had such a boopable schnozz!

18. Excuse me Santa? Dasher can’t make it tonight he twisted a hoof but Schnozzer agreed to fill in for him.

19. The Koala says:

I’ve been looking all over for one of these for my greyhound! (who looks a lot like the fabulous Trixie)

20. Yay that’s my girl! :)

21. YAY DevonAnn & Trixie, the [allegedly] Christmas Greyhound [Reindeer] !!!

22. OMG. i lurve it!!!!!

23. Was she sired by Cragie Whistler? My sweet brindle, Rose, was, and they look EXACTLY alike!

Great picture :)

24. Caryn – Mine was!! Rose & my Miss Schnozz (Whistler’s GoGo) are half-siblings!!

25. How exciting! I think having a greyhound makes people more apt to view this website. Seriously…everything they do is goofy and cute :)

26. I had to look because I know she was sired by a Craigie – turns out it’s Craigie Mo Town so they share a common grand-dog (Molotov, who also sired Craigie Whistler).
    I think that makes them doggie cousins of a sort?

27. Yes, doggie cousins!

28. explains how santa can get to everyone’s house in one night

29. lisaLassie says:

30. kibblenibble says:

Trixie has that patient, long-suffering look that dogs make so adorabuhls.

31. skippymom says:

Nobody could have a nose that long. It’s obviously fake.

32. I volunteer tondo a series of test boops, just to make sure it’s real.

What a fabulous schnozz!

33. :)

34. We’ll she is kinda fibbin’ about being a reindeer!

35. Trixie’s nose DOES seem to resemble an elephant’s trunk.
    Grey as WELL as its length !!!

36. she may have the longest nose ever, it’s true.

37. skippymom says:

Kickin’ back in the lounge, having a big mug of mulled cider….

38. skippymom says:

Rats, I’m out already and I had only taken one sip.

39. OMG ! That is awesome!

40. whatever, fake looks quite “dear” on Miss Trixie!

41. I wanna put those on a Scottish deerhound. Just to drive them crazy.

42. *snerk*

43. THis is adorable! Sadly, we lost our okie greyhound last year. He looked exactly like your Miss Trixie! Merry Christmas!

44. So sorry Linda – I can’t imagine how hard it is :(

45. oh Linda so sorry. all the sympathies and condolences imaginable, headed your way, over the innernets…. :(

*helps Linda to pout*

46. The likeness is amazingk!

47. Miss Ruth says:

What, am I the only one who’s thinking of Santa’s Little Helper from the Simpsons?

48. I think of that every time I put the hat on her :)