Oh, Deer

The nose is real and the antlers are fake. No, no, the antlers are real and the nose is fake. No, wait a minute, the nose is real, the antlers are real and the eyes are fake!

Sender-Inner Soren says this is Trixie, the Christmas Greyhound.

Comments

1. “Hey there Little Red Riding Hood
    You sure are looking good”
    Everything a big bad doggeh could want
    Woof!

2. boooop!

Soren, if you’re reading this, where did Trixie get that hat?! She’s darling :)

(though crochet ears are not nearly as delicious-looking as puppeh’s natural ears would be, I’m sure)

3. ThirdShift says:

I’ve seen this picture on Reddit! It is adorable. You can google for the knit pattern. @tracylee, we lost Willoughby Thanksgiving Day. I made a little comment about it but that post has disappeared. We’re terribly heartbroken of course.

4. ThirdShift says:

Moderation. CO does not like teh sad.

5. I never knew Rudoph had such a boopable schnozz!

6. Excuse me Santa? Dasher can’t make it tonight he twisted a hoof but Schnozzer agreed to fill in for him.

7. The Koala says:

I’ve been looking all over for one of these for my greyhound! (who looks a lot like the fabulous Trixie)

8. They’re knitted ears. I have a very similar hat for myself, though I’m not nearly so cute in it:

9. Yay that’s my girl! :)

10. Thanks! Yes, it’s http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deer-with-little-antlers-hat – a lot of greyhound people have made them for their deer puppies :)

11. OMG. i lurve it!!!!!

12. Was she sired by Cragie Whistler? My sweet brindle, Rose, was, and they look EXACTLY alike!

Great picture :)

13. explains how santa can get to everyone’s house in one night

14. kibblenibble says:

Trixie has that patient, long-suffering look that dogs make so adorabuhls.

15. lisaLassie says:

applause

16. skippymom says:

Nobody could have a nose that long. It’s obviously fake.

17. skippymom says:

Kickin’ back in the lounge, having a big mug of mulled cider….

18. skippymom says:

Rats, I’m out already and I had only taken one sip.

19. skippymom says:

I’m so, so sorry. The little guy put up a good fight. Sending you big hugs.

20. Reading about your loss just hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess I thought you’d have more time with your baby boy but I guess it was not to be. He’s at peace now and waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Imagine the reunion you’ll have!

Be strong, sweetie. I know how painful it is but your little boy would not want you to suffer. *gentle hugs*

21. she may have the longest nose ever, it’s true.

22. YAY for this

23. oh so sad :( so sorry about Willoughby :(
    Sympathies by the truckload to you, ThirdShift

Tell Willoughby to look up my guy Salinger. He’s prolly playing poker and smoking ceegars up there; Willoughby should join the game!!!

24. YAY DevonAnn & Trixie, the [allegedly] Christmas Greyhound [Reindeer] !!!

25. Trixie’s nose DOES seem to resemble an elephant’s trunk.
    Grey as WELL as its length !!!

26. I had to look because I know she was sired by a Craigie – turns out it’s Craigie Mo Town so they share a common grand-dog (Molotov, who also sired Craigie Whistler).
    I think that makes them doggie cousins of a sort?

27. OMG ! That is awesome!

28. We’ll she is kinda fibbin’ about being a reindeer!

29. phred's mom says:

If Willoughby is smart, he will look up
    Phred and Ben-him and join with them
    and Salinger for that poker. A good time
    will be had by all.

30. Yes, doggie cousins!

31. whatever, fake looks quite “dear” on Miss Trixie!

32. I wanna put those on a Scottish deerhound. Just to drive them crazy.

33. *snerk*

34. THis is adorable! Sadly, we lost our okie greyhound last year. He looked exactly like your Miss Trixie! Merry Christmas!

35. Oh Third, I’m so sorry to hear that :.(

I’m absolutely heartbroken for you! what a tough time :(

36. Caryn – Mine was!! Rose & my Miss Schnozz (Whistler’s GoGo) are half-siblings!!

37. Can guinea pigs joing the poker game too? My Cupcake recently crossed the Rainbow Bridge too.

38. How exciting! I think having a greyhound makes people more apt to view this website. Seriously…everything they do is goofy and cute :)

39. The likeness is amazingk!

40. I volunteer tondo a series of test boops, just to make sure it’s real.

What a fabulous schnozz!

41. oh Linda so sorry. all the sympathies and condolences imaginable, headed your way, over the innernets…. :(

*helps Linda to pout*

42. :)

43. as long as they bring their own exercise wheel. Salinger doesn’t have one, to the best of my knowledge ….

44. Alba's Servant says:

tracylee, they are also being auctioned on facebook by Alibar to benefit a galgo-charity in Spain called Galgos del Sol! I got one for Alba from them, can’t wait to try it on for the first time!

45. ThirdShift says:

Thank you Peeps. We’re sad beyond words; I haven’t had the heart to put up his food bowls and blankets and things. Willoughby had the attention span of a may fly and was never able to bluff so he’d have a losing hand at poker. He was doing so well so it was a devastating shock to us. We cried for days.

Seems there’s a lot of greyhound/sighthound/lurcher humins on CO, we should make a sub-chapter.

46. So sorry Linda – I can’t imagine how hard it is :(

47. Miss Ruth says:

What, am I the only one who’s thinking of Santa’s Little Helper from the Simpsons?

48. I think of that every time I put the hat on her :)