What makes you think I just had a roll in the hay?

(timorous, muffled hedgehog teehee)

Geoffrey tells us his story of fostering Jake, for a friend with over 30 hedgies in her rescue care and who was diagnosed with breast cancer. Jake, a 6 year old African Pygmy Hedgehog, was not happy to be held by a stranger! But Geoffrey says after about 15 minutes Jake’s, “cute, little wet nose peeked out between the prickly quills. It was such a Cute Overload moment!” Very happily, Jake is back with his human mom now who has since beaten the cancer! Yay!

Comments

1. Who’s got the pom pom? Come on let’s cheer!
    Yay! for Geoffrey for being a good friend!
    Double Yay! for Jake’s mom for beating cancer!
    And Yay! for Jake just for being cute!

2. Gosh garnet! My cheer landed me in the mod lounge.

3. Engage defense mode!

Unless you have a snack.

4. YAAAYYYs all round! where’s those pompoms?!

5. I saw the post title in my feed reader before I clicked through. I had a response all ready, and then I read about shy hedgies and rescues, so it all seems unnecessary now. And probably not M for Mature as I’d originally imagined.

But seriously, you can tell, right? From the flushed faces, the sense of easy contentment, and that oddly lingering, ideally clean and fresh odor?

6. sabrina rose says:

Hooray for helpful Geoffrey, and for Jake giving us a fine CO moment! And three cheers for the brave hedgie rescue mom!!!

7. Hello, would you like to roll in the hay?

Roll! Roll! Roll in the hay!!!

Yea for Jake, yea for hedgehog foster mom and yea for Geoffrey for gaining Jake’s trust.

8. Mary (the first) says:

Yay for everyone!!

9. Surely I’m not the only one who read that in a Madeline Kahn voice.

10. just Slash, without his guitar, or his hat, but with highlights

11. stbernardmom says:

My prickles usually come out too until I get to a point where I feel safe! I love you, Jake!!!

12. stbernardmom says:

I think you have seen Young Frankenstein one time too many……me, too!!! LOL :)

13. stbernardmom says:

AuntieB: I think it was Terri Garr who was in the back of the hay wagon…..oh, Lord, I HAVE seen that movies way toooooo many times! But, it’s still one of the best comedies from the 70s (I saw it at the Iris Theater in Aspen, Colorado, when it was just released), and it makes one go back and watch all the old Frankenstein movies to see what Mel Brooks was making fun of!!

14. Hurray for the brave mom, the awesome friend and adorable Jake. They are all rock stars in my book. *wild applause and cheers*

15. Looks more like rastafari style to me! *grin*

16. phred's mom says:

Ah, sweet mystery of life…

17. Norbertsmom says:

You take the blonde I’ll take the one with the turban on her head.

18. Now that I think about it, I believe you’re right. I had the accent and the voice right, just the wrong person speaking it. :D

19. stbernardmom says:

HaHa, you remember!!!

20. One of my all time favorite movies.

21. Yay Yay Yay!!!!

22. Would lean in for a smooch if I had an iron face.

23. roll, roll, roll in zee hay, roll, roll, roll in zee hay

24. Hopefully she doesn’t need a breast prosthesis, otherwise she might want to find something to foster without so many sharp points…