From The CO Update Desk: Misao & Fukumaru II

‘Member a few days ago, we told you about photographer Miyoko Ihara and how she’s been taking pix of her grandmother Misao and kitteh Fukumaru for the last 13 years. We found another picture on that website that we had to pass along. I mean, have you ever seen a Maru cake?

See more of this dynamic duo in the book, Misao the Big Mama and Fukumaru the Cat. 最高の幸運者の両方に! (Best of luck to you both!)

Comments

1. Kari Callin says:

This post, and the previous ones of this duo are absolutely some of the sweetest you have ever posted C.O. Thank you so much for brightening my day! :D

2. Mary (the first) says:

OMG how sweet!

3. I love these pairing..! BFF!

4. I agree that the original post was one of the best things ever posted on CO and then this! Wonderful, just wonderful.

5. Queen of Dork says:

Having looked up the word “Love” in the dictionary, this photo should accompany the definition.

6. Fukumaru is the best name a japanese cat lady could have come up with… if you know what I mean…

7. SlaveToCat says:

Raises a glass of Saki to the cute couple.

8. So “maru” means circle! If it came up before, I missed that.

9. This was probably my favorite picture of the ones shown. :)

10. So the proposed new tag “Meemaws and Wee Paws” is a no-go?
    *cue Tardar Sauce’s frowny face*

11. awwwwww……….. beautiful.

12. I can’t get enough of these two, and I’ve never seen a cat more attached to its owner! It is an amazing thing to behold. There are truly MFEO. Here’s to love.

13. Sweet kitty birthday keeses :)

14. Happy birthday mom! *smooch*

15. phred's mom says:

All’s right with the world when I
    see these images. Thank you
    muchly.

16. LOVE.

17. This shows what a difference an animal can make to the life of a hooman and vice versa. These two were made for each other!

18. I love Fukumaru and Misao !!!!!

19. I agree!

20. Fuku means happiness. maru means round. Sorry to disappoint you.

21. I heart this duo….so much :) Dang it CO, you’re making me tear up on a Monday morning!

22. I’d love to get a birthday kiss from an adorable kitteh for the rest of my life. Hopefully up to at least 85.

23. Um, that just occurred to me too. Dirty minds think alike?

24. Has anyone tried to order the book from Japan?? Is it available here in the US? I love these photographs. Such wonderful story of the bonds of friendship between us humans and our animals!!

25. Awwwwww……….

26. I second that :D

27. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

I was visiting my parents last night, and I showed the original post to my dad, who spent a summer in Japan and remains enchanted with Japanese people and culture. He gave me a bag of persimmons from my grandmother’s tree. :)

28. SlaveToCat says:

I saw it on Amazon. Something like $50 – $85 depending on the seller. I searched using “Fukumaru”

29. How sweet!