Hedgehogittens

Sonya the mama cat says, “It’s complicated. It’s very complicated.”

Plus, eets een Russian!

Thanks to Marissa Y. for this altruistic animal alliance alert (in English)!

Comments

1. Such a caring Momma Cat

2. OK, that last shot is extra redonk…

3. Wow, they have little bat ears when they’re that young – I’m assuming they grow into their ears… :)

4. “Pocket Pets”, eh? Ever actually tried carrying a hedgehog around in your hip pocket?

Hint: Don’t. 8O

5. No pun, but a question: if a cat, with its scratchy tongue, licks the back of a spiny hedgekitten, do they stick together like Velcro? And if Savion Glover had a hedgehog, would he teach it spinal tap? (OK, got a pun in anyway.)

6. Mama looks like she’s being attacked by hair brushes. That have dangling legs.

Love the marmie kitten under her chin, probably a little confused but rolling with it.

7. Those ears remind me of Sally Field back in the day.

8. Catwhisperer says:

As in The Flying Nun? Ha! When I was little, at bath time I would pull my turtleneck over my head so that I was wearing it like a cap, pull the sleeves inside out, and “fly” around the house until my mom or sister caught me and plunked me in the tub.

*shifty eyes* That’s not weird, is it???

9. Catwhisperer says:

Welcome back, Theo!

10. This is one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen in my life! Love the kitteh on mama’s back in the 1st picture after the vid. This whole thing has rendered me quite ded.

11. So sweet! I have two marmies who are very gentle and good-natured….there is something special about orange tabbehs!

12. I carried mine around in my hoodie pocket until he kept pooping in it. Not cool, bro.

13. Weird is a relative term, and either way, you’re certainly in the right place.

14. lisaLassie says:

Yes, Theo: are you back in the USA? Hooray and welcome home.

15. lisaLassie says:

But what happens when sweet mommy cat tries to groom prickly quartet. Lick “ouch” lick “ouch” lick “ouch” lick “ouch” (and so forth).

16. Theo, maybe it’s hedgehogs that have the pockets. For their personal pocket devices. And their litte gold watches.

17. Go on, Oakley. Turn it up to 11.

18. bookmonstercats says:

Of COURSE not.

*Shifty eyes back*

19. SlaveToCat says:

Subtle hint mama wants to be brushed.

20. Wow, catwhisperer, what weird behavior.

*Pulls t-shirt over head, flips it back like an Egyptian Pharaoh and does the Bangles, “Walk like an Egyptian” dance.*

*Shifty eyes*

21. Mary (the first) says:

I totally missed the matchingk kitten in that photo! I notice the kitteh seems to be staying out of sticker-reach of his/her “siblings”.

22. It’s a modern family. :)

23. It’s the perfect solution for owners who don’t have time to brush their cat. Get them tiny live walking brushes. No more matted fur!

24. Welcome back, Theo! Sending your way many heart hugs of Thanks.

25. and draw Stonehedge to scale

26. Is it just me, or do these hedgies have unusually large ears?

27. That’s what I thought too! I never knew hedgies had chihuahua earses. :)

28. I don’t have hedgies but I think the babies have softy spines for a while… as long as she doesn’t try licking them backwards.

29. Catwhisperer says:

Thanks for the support, guys!

30. You got that right.

31. Martha in Washington says:

Love Mama and the bebeh hedgies but…Lord Almighty, that is one roly-poly yeller kitteh!

32. Lewis N' Clark says:

Theo, I imagine it would be even worse carrying one of them in your front pocket

33. Maybe they’re elf-hybrids.

34. I’m assuming that kitten can still walk with that big ol tummy full of milk.

35. For some reason I pictured Crispin Glover, very different mental image. Savion makes more sense.

36. Mama licking her kitten made me wince at thinking of her trying to lick her adopted hedgie babies! :o

37. Welcome home party for Theo tonight in the Mod lounge ! Don’t forget to bring pudding everyone !

38. holding up my lit lighter

39. Sasha's Mum says:

Welcome home Theo!!

40. Haha!

41. It’s been my experience that Marmie-Mommies are extra maternal. I had an orange girl who would adopt anything or anyone.

42. TINEE TABBEE

43. Welcome back, Theo! :-)

44. Especially the girl gingers!

45. Is it just me, or didn’t Sonya adopt some other non-cat species last year? Her pretty golden eyes and marmie color look very familiar….of course it could just be another sweet ginger kitteh mama.

46. I think these are Long-Eared Hedghogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-eared_hedgehog) which live in Russia and neighbouring countries.

47. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Marmies are the best! RIP my Taffy Anne.

48. Are mama kittehs, like, universal meelks donors? I remember another kitteh with a bunny foster child, and still another with a couple of squirrels… Anyways, it’s cute to the Nth degree, and the lone roly-poly marmie bebeh is adorable!

49. Yep :D

50. Definitely!

51. Awww the cuteness makes me wanna wmelt :)