Copied Cat

After many fruitless hours of hissing, growling, and arching of backs, Marvin and his evil doppelgänger put their heads together and resolved their differences.

1. What a sweet bundle of fur hiding such an evil mind.

2. Are not all kitties like that, Kar :lol:

3. [laugh/choke with macaroni & cheese in my mouth] Mike, I love you.

4. yeah, ceej, now you have to share with the class.

5. Sowwy… it was leftovers and it’s all gone now… :(

6. Was it homemade or boxed? =-O < not sure if that's the Smiley I'm looking for, but oh well.

7. There’s no green beans in this version is there skippy??? *stares at the bowl*

8. oh c’mon… the green beans are better with cheese on them…

9. It was boxed, Krogers brand, made with soy milk, and some frozen green beans thrown in, since I am a bad vegetarian, and never eat enough veggies. Is that enough details for you all? ;)

10. Fird Birfle says:

izzit 45 min yet? I’m HONGrY and boy howdy Ah gots t’admit
    that that thar sticky cheezy stuff sounds like it kood b gud BUT NO SOY EWWW

YOU’LL NEVER MAKE ME EAT GUD, Mr. Policeman…
    You’ll just hafta shoot me..

11. Guys, I will make a big dish of homemade m & c and serve it to everybody who wants some. Just give me 45 minutes.

12. It’s ready! Made with cow milk and Vermont cheddar and whole wheat elbows (but don’t tell Fird that last part). Hold out your plates, everybody!

13. Fird Birfle says:

ooooo I don’t mind a SLIGHTly crunchy type of macaroni…
    you did say to hold out a PLATTER, d’incha???

Shifty Eyes

14. no beans, no hot dogs. just cheesy goodness.

15. Macaroni and cheese? Did you bring enough for all of us?

16. “Chewing gum on line, eh? I hope you brought enough for everybody!”

17. Blazing Saddles! Wheee!

18. I always feel better when people get the movie references I throw out. Usually it’s only my sister who gets my humor. :D

19. Fird Birfle says:

hmmm. Does this mean that I’m also your sister, then????

Not Clear, on More than one Concept ….

20. Yes, please, I will have some as well.

21. I put little pieces of hot dogs in my mac&cheese.

22. Fird Birfle says:

SO DO Penny & Sheldon!!!

*knock* *knock* *knock*

[etc.x 2]

23. I used to do that, Oscar Mayer hot dogs, until I became a vegetarian…

24. Duplicat is twice as cute.

25. T.U.M.? Are you seeing this?

27. Fird Birfle says:

*YAY* and also *YAY*

28. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

“I’ve got ’em right where I want ’em. He won’t be able to hit ‘escape’ so easily now!”

29. This just screams “Saturday morning cartoons ” to me

30. I’d say he’s a carbon copy of himself but I bet lost of the peeps here don’t remember or ever used carbon paper.

31. I remember using most of the stuff at school :D

32. [raising hand] I do! and white out!

33. And a manual typewriter on which you could back up and it would type white over your mistakes but the letters never really lined up right.

34. Try typewriters that didn’t have correction tape built in! So you either had to manually apply white-out (paint-it-on kind) and wait for it to dry, or pull out the page and re-type the whole bloody page……

(Yes, I went to high school *that* long ago!)

35. emmberrann says:

Hah! I gots you beat! I -‘member before there was white out! They had round typewriter erasers, had a brush-thing attached to them to brush away the eraser crumbs! And you had to manually erase the carbons, too!

36. baileysgrandmom says:

Oh yes, and I even got pretty good at “squeeze” and “spread,” if you had to get an omitted letter squeezed into a word, or needed to…hmmm, now I forgot what caused one to “spread.” HOWEVER, I have been doing an extraordinary amount of “spreading” in my personal life in recent years, iffen you know what I mean!

37. I totally relate.

38. I totally relate.

39. Fird Birfle says:

BUT after those, but before computers/ word proc. got to be everywhere.. electric/ electronic typewriters which remember the previous keys (only before you went to the next line) had a memory and the clear tape LIFTS THEM

(paid a whole $50 for it and it’s 95% brand newish) and when I want to send a PHYSICAL piece of self-expression to someone there is no computer
    printer here at this dungeon ….so I JUST TYPE that baby up. No having to synch whether one item is set up with Word but the other component is on Vista
    (don’t even get me STARTED on Vista…) Don’t need no goldarn WWW to send a GOLDARN piece o paper daggonit!!!
    *stamps tiny feet, shakes tiny fist in the air*

and here in Jax tucked away under a few “spreading” [sorry it’s not a chestnut tree, Mr. ] is the most AWESOME large family-owned place which STILL REPAIRS AND SELLS secondhand t’writers!!! AND he’s even got three display cases with the COOLEST old old old strange eccentric models. One of them is a ROUND piece of typing equipment…others from like 1901, etc etc. Really weird-looking contraptions, not even QWERTY

I’m still not convinced about these DANG, new-fangled
    “computer” thingamabobs….

oh ps if anypeeps is/ are interested, I just set up a Thing. I guess eventually I’ll do a blog there if I manage not to break the internet. The Thing I set up did show another Thing that said My Blog but “I have not yet begun to” yadda yadda yadda

This has to do with a Thing called CLIPBOARD (seems related but NOT the same thing as Pinterest and Google seemed to understand it also). The acct or whatever you call my Thing there is under the user name -???- YUP
    part of it is already active under that name so if anyone who is in a good mood wants to connect up with me there, goferit!!! But it’s brand new to me and I cornfuze so easily w/ this stuff so be patient, pweeze???

(the underscore is a required bit for the name to work)

sorry about babbling…but y’know….maybe this is where that there blog thinggie might come in handy????

Peace love & grooviness to
    pretty much everybody!!

L. Thomas Jax

40. phred's mom says:

me too! Hated typing w/carbon paper!

41. Count me in as one of the oldsters who still cringes at the thought of carbon paper. *gulp*

42. I also remember mimeographs….and their awesome smell :D

43. Mmm, that was a great smell.

44. I worry about you all…that means ceejoe, skippy and firdie. But I still love all of you just the same :)

45. heh heh… “lengthy” … I can’t believe I actually read the whole thing… ;)

46. Oh, so that’s what you were sniffing before you wrote that, shall we say, “lengthy” comment up above?

47. Fird Birfle says:

*somebody please go pickup an intoxication test from the local pharmacy…*

OH but WAIT wasn’t that the SAME smell as the fragranced markers/ different

48. Fird Birfle says:

well, kids, that’s WHY I wanna try to have a different boutique!!!!

That way I can ramble about movies and existentialist literature en francais
    and autumn leaves and the Thoroughbred national racehorse farm in Co. Kildare Ireland (oh I guess that one could be here on CO) and the Morikami Japanese Museum at DelRey Beach in S. Fla and being a recovered ex-Catholic
    “and so forth and so on” !!!!

you guys am so sweet not to kill me !!! Ah luvs ya.

(oops maybe that last “k” word will send me to the Lounge???)

49. Emmylee, that is sweet of you to worry about us. But we are fine. Just fine!!!
    *skips away whistling a happy tune off-key*

50. Mimeographs yea !!!! that one of a kind smell…. the purple color all over my hands,clothes, face……getting out of class so I could turn the crank till mu arm wanted to fall off ! GOOD TIMES !!!!!

51. ooops ! make that mY not mu

52. Fird Birfle says:

“mY, ” ’tis. :)

53. liquid paper :)

54. By the way, do we have a “Cats Can Sleep Anywhere” tag?

55. Not that I know of, skippymom :)

56. Fird Birfle says:

to my incredibly inadequate memoire, seems that I’ve seen several POSTS with text or captions along that line, but I don’t think I recall a phrase like that as a Tag….

I was not born looking at CO though so something could have been around, about
    which I’m insensible…

(don’t say it–) ;)

57. Since no one else has mentioned that one gray toe on the left front paw, I do believe it is mine to nom…?

58. Fird Birfle says:

what flavor is grey??

also: goferit!!

59. It’s licorice, of course.
    At least that’s what flavor Eddy’s gray beans are. Yes, I have tasted them.

60. After nomming this toe, I concur, skippymom–licorice it is.

61. In this case, probably kitty litter flavor. : )
    [commences loud toe nomming]

62. Resolved their differences? They look the same to me.

63. That evil doppelganger is SUCH a copy cat. That’s probably what started the row in the first place.

64. LOL, I’m still stuck on ‘Mike, I love you.’ :)

65. Oh, I so want to gently pick up that sweet little kitty off that laptop for some cuddling :D