Who’s Smarter: Cats Or Dogs?

Watch these, then vote vote vote like a bebeh stoat!

Videos by Mihaifrancu.

Comments

1. Is that a dog on the bike or a Wookie? 8O

2. Cats may be smarter, but that dancing chihuahua’s swaying hips just about did me in. So hilarious.

3. kibblenibble says:

My Minnie turns light switches on and off both by choice and on command. She’s the little tortie in my avatar. George is the grey boy who is more handsome than smart. So between the two of them I break even. Though I’m partial to cats, the pool-playing dog and the skateboarding one are my favorites.

4. Dogs get taught more tricks, and more of them are “oh, look at this animal doing human things in a funny way”, while cats do more stuff for themselves that they figured out themselves.

5. rescue gal says:

If I didn’t vote for cats the babies might smother me in my sleep!

6. The cats out number the humans in my house by 3 to 1 so I’m voting cats !

7. cyberpunkrocker says:

Cats! Cats! Cats!

8. This. Cats rule. (Currently my household has twice as many cats as humans, so that’s also a consideration……)

9. AWW :D I just LOVE all the kitties in this video :D That is why I voted “CATS” :D Besides I just LOVE kitties :D

10. Martha in Washington says:

Hmmm…can’t decide. Better watch both videos again. (And again. And again. And again…)

11. Yes! I was totally going to post this.

Dogs do tricks, cats play tricks.

12. Cats are smart,dogs are happy.You decide which is better.Dun dun dunnnn!

13. That’s just not true. Dogs do learn tricks all by themselves (open doors and order stuff, for instance). They are more patient and attentive than cats, that’s why they learn tricks so fast and easy. They have been domesticated longer than any other animal, and they’ve been selected to help humans, that’s why they understand humans better than any other animal, including primates.

14. I dunno, after seeing the video of that dog who stole the cat’s (stolen) dog biscuit, I have to side with dogs. Sure, they make you think they’re simple and docile but all the while you’re just doing their bidding. Fiendish and nefarious planners, indeed!

15. Dogs are undoubtedly smarter: everything they do is pure FUN!! Who wants to bother learning how to flush or cleaning after yourself when you can be out riding a freaking skateboard?!?

16. The video merely scratches the surface of what dogs can do. Both are smart, but dogs win, paws down! :)

17. I’m 100% a dog person but even I had to vote for cats. Dogs are smart but cats are more clever and generally self-taught. They figure out for themselves how to navigate the world, while a dog generally waits for his hooman to teach him. Either way, those vids are pure awesomeness!! :)

18. Haha. My household has ten times as many cats as humans, so you can guess how I voted.

19. My dear departed Lily just up and started using the toilet one day. We didn’t train her to do it, and we’d had her since she was a few weeks old, so we knew a previous family hadn’t trained her. Darndest thing.

20. One of my orange kittehs was sitting on the computer desk as I read this, so I had to vote for kittehs. He is sort of like the monitors they had at the voting places on election day….only the human monitors were less likely to be distracted by a crumpled ball of paper being thrown…or WERE THEY???? :D

21. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I KNOW! ! It was incredible. She really got the swizzle in her little hips.

22. PhysicsProf says:

It’s a briard.

23. Me, too! I was laughing so hard I was wheezing.

24. bookmonstercats says:

That’s true, Robb. Whilst I’m more partial to cats than dogs (by a whisker – *hur hur*) there are service dogs but definitely no service cats!! ;)

25. Dogs do amusing little tricks. The cats in the video were acting like mini-fuzzy humans but but looking more snuggly and cute. Cats all the way!

26. Thank you! I was coming in to ask that myself…he’s FABULOUS! LURRRRVE the floppy fur!

27. Remind me not to offer to clean the kitty box at your place :)

28. Haha again. :) I clean them out 3 times a day, so it’s never too bad at any one time…

29. Catwhisperer says:

Dogs order stuff? Like on Amazon??? I need to change the password on my laptop!

30. My mother’s cat would always tell my mother when it was 10 and time for bed. She’d even adjust for daylights savings.

31. phred's mom says:

…depends on which division they’re monitoring, Saffron.

32. Mary (the first) says:

I voted for cats overall but the pool playing dog almost swayed me. He definitely appeared to be deliberately aiming, not just stabbing at the cue ball willy-nilly.

33. I am a dedicated cat fan…BUT…..the dogs in this video are amazing and if you have to base the choice on these videos, I would have to go with dogs. (sorry kitties)

34. That chihuahua does a mean merengue!!! But… I declare a tie!

35. Dogs, definitely. Cats blag their way through life, manipulating hoomans into overlooking their basic dumbness. This is the essence of Cool.

36. Fird Birfle says:

poor ceejoe.
    I certainly don’t envy you that.
    In all seriousness, that’s a beautiful dedication to their health!!!

would you like for me to turn in an application with the Catholic Church,a la
    “ceejoe” = Saint? St. Fr./ Assisi (sp?) did all right, with animal nurturing as a platform!!!
    Y’know, I *DO* know a few peeps up there…with any luck, me da’s up there, either flying virtual jets, or maybe training the newest Angels, in Flight Theory….

37. lisaLassie says:

Wombats don’t do any tricks and still wind up on Cute Overload. So I voted for wombats.

38. The whole things depends on your definition of ‘smart’. Dogs generally have a social intelligence that cats lack, making it easier for them to pick up cues and understand what a human is trying to get them to do, and cats have independence and persistence that makes them more likely to have to come up with clever solutions to problems on their own. (Note I said ‘generally’ and ‘more likely’, as I have met both cats and dogs that defy the stereotypes, and stone-dumb specimens of both species!)

39. This. My dogs always played dumb, but when they wanted something they were suddenly smarter than your average Bond villain in understanding how to bend me to their will.