Leaf Us Alone!

Just what do you think you’re doing with that rake? These are my friends, I’ll have you know! I’ve even given them all names; there’s Nick, and Julia, over there’s Leroy, and Hannah, and I think that’s Zachary talking with Phoebe and Margot…

We could Fall for this photo of Benny from Katharina G.

Comments

1. The Princess Di eyes, combined with the pupsicles coloration, had dedded me.

2. sabrina rose says:

Little Benny has the right idea! When I was a small child, another little girl and I played “leaf hospital” one windy afternoon. We rushed around collecting broken leaves, taping them together or “putting them to bed” with leaf covers so they could heal. “Oh no, another one fell down – hurry!!” Sadly, we only saved a few, to be carefully preserved between sheets of wax paper. Benny would have been of great help to us!

3. SlaveToCat says:

Enjoy playing with your leaves young pup. They build character and provide hours of imaginative stimulation. No need for those fancy high tech gizmos like frisbees, rubber chew toys, and retractable leashes. Heck, when I was your age we didn’t even have leaves. We had dirt. When the holidays rolled around, if we were good, we had mud.

4. Fird Birfle says:

*paging the Emergency Room staff. Patient down. Please bring the
    Defibrathinggy out to the front lawn. Repeat, Patient down. Thank you *

5. Fird Birfle says:

“B-B-B-Benny and the L:eaves….” :)

signed,
    Not Elton John.

6. That story, in and of itself, is pretty freakin’ adorable! What a fun game!

7. *snicker*

8. Pupper in the Grass shows what Splendor in the Grass is all about.

9. But,,,,,which one’s Nora?

*ducking and running*

10. Fird Birfle says:

*Nora Charles, At your service, ma’am !!”

11. Fird Birfle says:

@ stoc: are you familiar with Messrs Monty Python & co.??? eg:

12. Such a serious little guy!

13. SlaveToCat says:

oh yes. I used to love watching Monty in my younger days. Now I go to family reunions and sit between the really old group, 85+, and the younger ones, teens, and just sit and listen. Almost as good as a Monty Python skit.

14. Leroy is my dogs name!

15. phred's mom says:

Oh, yes, I agree. Thanksgiving can be such a hoot.

16. Can he do my backyard?

17. I don’t get it but it sounds funny. :-D

18. Fird Birfle says:

oh Kaya — here lemme provide the original “version”.
    I was making a riff off the following (the solemn doggeh’s name JUST SO happens to be Benny which helped…)

Here ya go
    (I don’t know wh. you do or don’t already know about this fab. song from Elton John, back before 1975. His wardrobe was notably less effervescent;
    he wasn’t yet quite an international celebrity at this time ).

The first link below — (Youtube, 5.5 minutes long)
    you can listen but it also shows the lyrics onscreen/ karaoke-style.
    The lyrics are sllightly intricate to hear correctly, the first time you hear the song.

and below is a different Youtube link (same song, same length) but this one
    shows several blk & white still photos,from this earlier part in his career:
    So neither link is of him in motion “actual video footage” of a concert show.
    Hope you like. (GOSH I hope I got both links correctly guys!! The beg. pic should show a different image, btw the two links)

19. Fird Birfle says:

ACK I duplicated the photo-y link.
    Any chance that the moderators are currently looking for something to occupy their time and could XX out this second copy of the black & white link????

20. Ok,I gets it nowz :-D