Whatchoo Been Eatin’, Mama?

Is it chocolate? Can I have some? Is it in your mouth?

Via Buzzfeed by AJ Haverkamp

Comments

1. Do we have a tag “Animals That Eat Their Young”?

2. What are these creatures? Their ears are just holes in the sides of their head!

3. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

4. Matthew J. says:

What ees eet? So floofy, yet so adorably disturbing!

5. Are they pikas?

6. I thought they were pika’s too but i think their fur is more of a dark brown? Maybe these have been to the salon :)

7. What the….?? :)

8. Itsa Gundi! http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2011/05/whats-a-gundi.html
    Check the tailio action in the last pic at that link!

9. Those wheeskers! So long and tickley.

10. Fird, would you like some pudding? I have butterscotch.

11. They look like beige chinchillas with cropped ears. Maybe they’re Chinchilman Pinschers or Pit Chills, or Choxers? Or maybe I’m just loopy.

12. Oh lord, the nursin’, the tocks, the micro tails. You, sir, have killed me with your link!

13. Yes.

14. THIS IS EXACTLY my kitty Sawyer!!

15. Gotta getta gund(i)?

16. what the heck??! why was i not immediately notified that such a creature existed?? i did not get the memo on this.

17. just a sec. i’m still parsing the whiskairs.

18. I don’t even know what to do or say right now. For some reason the line “Is it in your mouth?” just keeeeeells me, and the rest of us has left me puddled on the floor. It’s a lost cause.

19. See? It was supposed to be “the rest of IT”, not the rest of us. Can’t even function.

20. Can enough be said about the patience of mothers.

21. Fird Birfle says:

Do you have any choccie? I don’t much appreciate b/scotch …but THANKS :)

22. Fird Birfle says:

“For THIS I carried you, for nine months????”

(not that small rodent-y critters actually HAVE nine-month gestation periods….it’s
    called literary license…or sumfin’ …)

23. I concur. And I was going to go with hyrax, but that didn’t seem quite right. Now I’ve met a new cutie-pie.

24. joools in PDX says:

Me neither! I demand a refund, or a redo, or a gross of gunds delivered to my doorstop, forthwith!

25. joools in PDX says:

sorry, gundi. the exclamation point confused me. is the plural gundi, gundis or gundii?? those ears are crazy.

26. “forthwith”. Now that’s a word we don’t usually hear ’round these parts, but which definitely adds class to the joint.

27. My mom’s favorite was: What did I do to God to deserve THIS! But of course she would say it in French: Qu’esque j’ai fait au bon Dieu pour mériter ÇA!

28. Gundis! I only discovered them a week ago!

29. It’s pretty normal for a kid to learn what to eat by investigating what’s in mom’s mouth. Our semi-feral kittens always wanted to shove mom out of the way, even though they had bowls of the same thing right next to her. Not quite so much now they’re two years old….

30. Fird Birfle says:

et bien sur, elle est Catholique ????

(I only make that comment b/c I am also Catholique)

31. Fird Birfle says:

ka CHING

Kiweet WINS

32. Yes she was.

33. My cat Basil frequently does this to me while I’m eating.

34. Well said, and “ditto!”