Bathtime Is Fun!

If you are six days old, it’s your first bath and you’re an olyphant named Navann.

Fave Frame™

Navann, you are a superstar! Thank you, Mindy for sending in this excellent video. To keep up with Navann and all the elephants at Elephant Nature Park, visit Save Elephant Foundation.

Comments

1. he’s still trying to figure out how to play!

2. Fird Birfle says:

WOW Navann IS a superstar!!! YOU GO Navann !!!

(It might not hurt, for the Park to fit him, with a nice grey jockstrap tho ….8-O)

3. rescue gal says:

I am ADORINGGGGG (singing) the Cuteoverload flood of resqutes!

4. Fird Birfle says:

That was sposed to be one of these : 8-0

5. Fird Birfle says:

gah.

6. Sasha's Mum says:

We’re gonna need a bigger tub.

7. We’re gonna need a bigger bath!

8. He’s so delightfully wobbly!

9. Crazy Pants says:

HA! Can you believe that boy elephant privates are prehensile? They can use their junk to prop themselves up, swat at flies and scratch their own stomach! This is something I remember learning a long time ago, but relearned it here: http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2009/11/07/south-african-wildlife-wait-thats-not-a-trunk/.
    Now, Fird, I know it’s pearl clutching business, this, but it’s also kinda fascinating, right?

10. Just an aside, but Mom looks like she’s doing fine. Her injuries don’t seem to be stopping her from moving around and being a good mother.

11. *Gasp!!!!!…*clutches pearls and faints*

12. OMGQWEUIOQWHEONSALKDJ *faints*

13. what? you’re undefeated at mid-season.

14. Mom, stop stealing all of the trumpette’s water!

15. (sticks both feet in the website and spills all the posts)

ewps.

16. I’m sorry, but who thought of studying this? Someone who was jealous?

17. Alice Shortcake says:

I’m just relieved that human males can’t do any of those things. BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY’D DO THEM ALL THE TIME, IN PUBLIC.

18. Ohhh y’all I needed this hearty laugh this morning! Thank you for being yourselves :)

19. Erm, having raised a colt, I can vouch that my boy horse used his parts for similar things…..except propping himself up. Even now that he’s no longer a stallion, he STILL does it. How do you ‘splain to a kid what the cute horsey is doing? Anybody? ’cause it’s been 18 years, he still does it, and I still don’t know what to do or say when kids catch him at it. I usually melt into the shadows and tee-hee-hee myself to oblivion! The eye’s on the kids are priceless. Kinda like baby rhino in the http://cuteoverload.com/2012/11/08/da-da-da/ post.

20. Lol @ 0:41 – Baby splooshes himself in face then needs a lie down!

21. Poor little guy…. Do we need a cute/sad tag?

He looks like drunken Maru trying to squeeze into a little box! He even tries to lay in the puddle they made.

22. Someone get that baby a bigger tub!

23. What torture! He really, really needs a bigger pool to play in.

24. Fird Birfle says:

WE HAZ a cute/ sad tag !!!:)

25. Fird Birfle says:

okeydokey & thx :)

26. Fird Birfle says:

*grabs Emmylee’s pearls from her*

27. Fird Birfle says:

gotta give Alice props, on THAT aspect!!!

28. I was thinking the same thing! So glad she seems to be doing OK.

29. Doesn’t stop them from trying.

30. Fird Birfle says:

*YAY* for being delightfully wobbly !!!