And now, Simon’s Cat, in “Fetch”!

In which we learn that fetching can be a sticky business. And, do not blink or you’ll miss the hedgehog!

Fave Frame:

Retrieved from Simon’s Cat

Comments

1. This is so unrealistic. I’ve never had a cat that acted like Simon’s cat. I’ve tried many times to teach them to throw balls and play ‘fetch’ with the dogs to no avail.

I have, however, had plenty of dogs that was like this dog (complete with the donning of my flower-filled pots!). :D

2. Dogs can be such knuckleheads. Nothing dampens their spirits. :)

3. sotadragon says:

I LOVE Simon’s Cat! :-D

4. Ah, that’s because they do it when you’re not looking!

5. As do I, and my college students. They’ll get a treat at the beginning of class tomorrow!

6. Fird Birfle says:

I am enjoying the visual of some silly puppy knocking a flowerpot onto his/ her hed.

I HAVE had the experience of a kitteh who knew how to play “fetch” and who did it enthusiastically and repeatedly His skillset involved specifically milk bottle rings. That
    boy was EXACTLY the same personality as the little chickenhawk who pesters Foghorn Leghorn. To the best of my guess, he seemed to be entirely a British shorthair; extremely plush but short hair and the ROUNDEST kitteh hed you ever saw.
    His name was Buddy.

7. Fird Birfle says:

If I may add four cents? To quote the esteemed Dr. Phil:

but ["being knuckleheads" is] WORKIN’ for them !!!
    Most of us (humans) are still HAPPY to purchase food and toys for them AND prepare and serve their meals to them!!

8. Henri, Maru, Simon’s Cat…does it never end??

9. Please know that I use the word “knucklehead” in the most endearing way possible. I call my two sweetie pies that all the time. :)

10. warrior rabbit says:

God, I hope not!

11. Sasha's Mum says:

Flower-pot hat at the end is the *best* part … because it looks like he’s wearing a Fez!

And fezes are cooool.

12. …is that a rat terrier? *CRASH!* yep, that’s a rat terrier.

13. Haha! Cats rule, dogs drool!!

14. I guess Simon’s relatives stopped feeding the dog table scraps, cause he looks just fine now :)

15. Fird Birfle says:

agreed.

16. My current roommate, Gracie the Cat, also dearly loves milk bottle rings. Her version of fetch is that I throw it, she runs after and pounces on it, then waits expectantly for me to come pick it up and throw it again so she can pounce on it, ad infinitum. She also hides them. We once found about a dozen of them when we turned up the corner of a rug. LOL

17. Years ago, I had a wonderful Manx cat who loved to play fetch with twist ties. He would bring them back to me to throw again. Sadly, his vision deteriorated and he could no longer find the “snake”. He was a wonderful, wonderful cat – alpha of the clowder. I miss him a lot.

18. Fird Birfle says:

ooooo THAT’s priceless. You are required to purchase the milk, then to
    start the game AND do the running after it also !!!! Why am I not surprised to hear that Gracie is a Cat. ????

19. Fird Birfle says:

RIP to msboop’s wonderful Manx cat. :( but we are glad you
    (both) shared each other’s existence !!!!