Worst. Birthday. Ever.

Your rendition of “Happy Birthday” was lackluster and off-key, the store-bought carrot cake was undercooked in the center, and the so-called entertainment was unconvincing; I was not for one second fooled that dancer was a real police officer.

Laura G. says: “Oval-Cakes wants to be on Cute Overload!”

1. And my hat’s too small, and it doesn’t have an elastic band. Wait, that last detail is good.

2. mindadale says:

Squee! The “Birthday Beagle” visits my house on my birthday (you know, the magical puppy who leaves you presents every morning for the 12 days preceeding your birthday…no? Just me. Okay.)
    Maybe the B-day Bun can visit my husband on his birthday (not sure I want to share the Beagle).

3. Okay, how come I am just NOW hearing about the “birthday beagle”?! I grew up with beagles…hmmmmm…I’m sensing a parental conspiracy…

4. mindadale says:

When I was a kid the birthday beagle only brought toothbrushes (he was cheap back then). It’s only since I’ve gotten married that the puppy has stepped up his game (and my mom is pretty jealous). :)

5. Harrumph!

6. Exactly what I thought.

7. The badge, Officier Feelgood, should’ve been a clue.

8. Back when I was working through college, some of the people in my office thought it would be funny to get a stripper for my boss for her birthday, and he came dressed as a cop.

I swear, though, he blushed more than she did. I felt kinda sorry for him. :(

(It was moderately amusing, except for the fact that I feel the same way about strippers as Bunneh Oval-Cakes apparently feels about birthday parties. Harrumph.)

9. Saw that once, the guy just turned around and told the crowd, “if you think she’s embarrassed, how do you think I feel?”

10. 260Oakley says:

“I was told there would be hay, but Timothy baled at the last minute.”

11. Grumpy or not, alfalfa you

12. To quote the Joker (more or less): Where does she get those wonderful puns?

13. Fird Birfle says:

IT”S EMO-BUN!!!!

14. And believe me when I say that if I don’t have a good time, ain’t nobody else gonna have one.

15. Someone’s birthday hat is a little too tight on the noggin?

16. I understand your plight Disapproving Mr. Bun!!! I felt the same way…at my birthday. Let’s disapprove together!

17. Happy Birtthday NTMTOM!!

18. lisaLassie says:

Is it really NTMTOM’s birthday? Happy birthday. I have many presents for you. Here. In my home. Where there is no husband for me. Please, get here asap. Other readers: don’t read this. Thank you.

19. Fird Birfle says:

nice technique, there :)

20. Yep, quite sassy there, LisaLassie. Oh, and I didn’t read it.

21. Uh-thankew, uh-thankewverrymussshh…

22. Wait, is that you in this picture? Happy birf-day!

23. Fird Birfle says:

24. Happy day, Mike, for all the happy days you give us.

25. How very clever of you to go bun-dercover for this assignment. Many happy returns!

26. emmberrann says:

Yay,NTMTOM! We only wish you wouldfinishyourcoffeetablebook, and many happy retoins of da day!

27. pupfanatic says:

I JUST realized why he got CARROT cake for his birfday. Dang, I need serious help.