How To Help Sandy Victims

Sandy may be the most damaging hurricane in recorded US history. Here’s how you can help animals who’ve been impacted:

American Red Cross
Sandy Lost and Found Pets Facebook
How to help animals affected by Sandy
How to locate lost pets
Jenkinson’s Aquarium
North Shore Animal Rescue League
Donate via Apple iTunes Store
Gothamist’s 21 Displaced Dogs Who Need Adoption in New York City

Sir Igby Chicken Caeser surveys the storm damage. Yes, spelling is correct. Hoverfacts via The Examiner.

Comments

1. HAHA! Love that name! (Loved that show) :)

2. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

Buzzfeed has been compiling photos of rescued kitties and puppies the past week and churning up so much dust.

And they didn’t forget about the dogs that showed up to help: http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/two-dogs-that-helping-to-rescue-people-after-sandy

3. Somebody likes their Mitchell and Webb. :)

4. It’s a joke from That Mitchel and Webb Look.

5. Not to minimize Sandy, but the unnamed hurricane of 1938 that slammed Long Island and New England, the Gulf hurricane that virtually wiped out Galveston, Tx. in 1900, and the hurricane of 1780 that killed 25,000 people all through the Caribbean/West Indies were far more disastrous.

Really, look up the pics of Galveston after that hurricane. It looks worse than Hiroshima.

6. @Penny – the issue is this is happening now and people need help now.

7. Thanks for posting this. Just shared on Facebook. (We lost power for six days. Fortunately our cats have fur coats to keep them warm.)

8. The vid at their site dang near kilt me.

9. Igby is obviously making a careful and thorough assessment of the storm damage!

10. There’s a lot of things Mother Nature gives us in my part of Canada that I could do without, like the snow storms and cold in winter and mosquitos and humidity in summer but I’m glad that we don’t get hurricanes or tornados!!

11. Mary (the first) says:

Dang, I was kind of holding on ok but this guy is making me all teary. Snf. I already donated to the Red Cross but may have to donate to some of the rescues too.

12. Igby looks endearingly PO’d about the hurricane.

13. Yes, he definitely has a “Who did this to my city?” look about him. A face that expresses the concern we all feel.

14. Gay Sorrell says:

Could you post a word or two about the Animal Protection League of New Jersey, which is coordinating relief efforts for companion animals and their owners, as well as feral cats? The APLNJ is on FB and their website is http://www.APLNJ.org. Donations can be dropped at the APLNJ office at 18 McBride Road, Manalapan, NJ 07726.

15. SlaveToCat says:

Sandy rained on my Chanel . Nobody rains on my Chanel.

16. I love this little furry baby. You seem to make the whole world possible through your photos. I enjoy them very much. Keep up the great work. All furry babies need a helping hand.

17. The NY Aquarium was devastated as well. The new baby walrus is safe as well as the seals, sea lions, otters, sea turtles and sharks but their home needs help in a big way. http://www.wcs.org/

18. If you need some feelgood in the wake of all that…our Union Square cat shelter was without power for almost the whole week, with most of the normal all-volunteer staff having no transportation. Thankfully a small group of volunteers went in day after day into the dark store to make sure the kitties survived the ordeal. Two of them went out for foster care tonight and several others got adoption applications!

19. Mary (the first) says:

YAY for the volunteers and the fosterers and the adopters!!

20. I donated money for the furbabies after Katrina and I’ll do so again right now. My heart breaks for the people but the anipals are so much more vulnerable and not usually considered such a priority. God bless the volunteers, adopters and care-givers.

21. Tater Tot says:

Storm disapproval!

22. Hear, hear!

23. YES!! Thank you.

24. The monmouth county spca is also doing a ton to help out- a very worthy cause!!