Google Debuts New Self-Walking Dogs

(Mountain View, CA) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Today, Google announced an innovative new Self-Walking Dog program. Modeled in part on their ground-breaking self-driving cars, GPooch allows Googlers to become more productive by freeing up the time normally used to walk their dogs. Said a Google spokesbot; “Now, employees can simply boot up their SWD (Self-Walking Dog) and return to work without impacting deliverables.”

Via Petsami.

Comments

1. BRAD HALL says:

He can also hold up his own hammock.

2. I saw a self-walking dog on the sidewalk one day this week. I always think that’s so cute to see a dog holding it’s own leash. Or taking its own ball to the park. Or carrying a big stick.

3. maryberry says:

What a cutie! Please let me know when the Self-Pile-Cleanup model becomes available. :-)

4. that’s gonna put a dent in sales of the Apple iDog… which is still much easier to use, but it’s tethered to iTunes…

5. Goldens are the best.

Sincerely, Otto the Golden Retriever.

6. The couch potato’s dream dog?

7. Fird Birfle says:

both ends up?? 8-O

8. Fird Birfle says:

also — finally — maybe for once something from ‘Murica has out-cute-ed Japan!!!

KAWAII!!

9. lol

10. Googlers who bring their dogs to work are called Dooglers. No joke!

And one of the cafes is named after a Senior VP’s dog, Yoshka. :D

11. My first thought when I saw this was, “Of course, it’s a Golden.”

12. Yes, and the Apple iCat comes with iTuna.

13. I belong to a weekly walking group of mostly dog owners (I’m not one, but they allow me to tag along and get my fix) and there’s a dog in our group who walks herself. She’s our pack leader and she’s so proud of herself. One evening, we had a very large group and we got too spread out for her comfort. She sat down and refused to move until the people being left behind caught up.

14. Weird adult Grown Up says:

That is a dog with a purpose!

(now if we can have dog walking a porpoise we’d be fine and dandy!)

15. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for “the leader of the pack” !!!!

16. When I was a kid my parents had a Newfie who liked to hold her leash in her mouth while being walked. Once while she was being walked, we passed a yard where a dog was chained up. Panda did not have her leash in her mouth at the time. She stopped for a moment, looked at the dog, then grabbed her leash, stuck her nose up in the air and pranced ostentatiously past, as if to say to the other dog, “Nyah nyah nyah, I’m out for a walk and you aren’t!”