Friday Haiku: Was It A Cat I Saw?

Window cat beside

Itself mirroring itself

Beside cat window

Usul catching some rays, or are the rays catching Usul, Nicolas B.?

Comments

1. He’s resting :)

2. 260Oakley says:

Window sill-iness
    Soaking up all the sunshine
    Is a pane-full job

3. Tell me of your homeworld, Usul.

4. Pyrit, have you been channeling Henri? He and Usul would make a great pair!

5. bravo/a, pyrit!

6. If only cats could somehow learn to relax. They can make a sloth seem positively energetic. :)

7. I thought I saw a puddy tat.

8. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

Snoozing orange cat
    On the ledge of inspection
    Grav’ty, harsh reality

9. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

Also, is the cat really named Usul? I believe that cat’s ego is now inflated to outrageous proportions because you’ve named him “the base of a pillar.”

10. Clairdelune says:

The Golden Paw Award of Poetry is yours, Oakley! :-)

11. Clairdelune says:

You saw a 10-pudding** cat. (**pudding, the international unit of cat limpness, scale: 1-10, abbreviation: P)

12. Clairdelune says:

OK, the Golden Paw Award has two winners this years.

13. Fird Birfle says:

ummmm, tl — I just dabbled in your flcker/screenname thinggie???

Unless my logic has been severely mangled by our dalliance with the illogical yesterday (Camus, Proust etc)….there is a pic among those of Miss Schnozz, which,
    while it IS of A SCHNOZZ, is not MISS Schnozz…. unless she temporarily took on a different existence and species and then reverted again to Miss Schnozzdom.

Please to ‘splain, “Lucy” ???
    Do you keep a llama in your living room, beside Miss Schnozz??

Signed,
    Still feeling Existential ….

14. Fird Birfle says:

He’s an ex-parrot (so to speak).

15. He’s pining for the fjords.

16. hahahaha oh I forgot about that one – I think it’s from ages back when someone asked for a llama picture and I put up my photo of this self-satisfied little lady from my excursion to machu picchu

but thank you for your concern in re Miss Schnozz’ possible Kafka-esque species-altering episode.

17. That’s brilliant! A haiku palindrome! Seriously.

18. I was going to say “Not technically a palindrome”, but I looked it up, and it *is* technically a palindrome, just not of the most familiar letter-by-letter form

19. Let sleeping cats lie
    On sunny sills ‘neath house plants
    Peaceful days pass by

20. Usul? For he IS the Kwis-catz Haderach!

21. Orange as the sun
    Chock full of Vitamin C
    Tastes like marmalade

22. Meow-Dib!

23. *applause* nice one, gizmo *applause*

24. This one looks like butterscotch.

25. He needs his rest after a long day of snoozing, broken up by intense periods of rapid lounging.

26. Oh thank Shai-Hulud, someone got the Dune reference!

27. Lor we’re nerds.

28. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

Good thing that cat is too.

29. luvstehQte says:

totally thrilled over the friday haiku palindrome. super awesome overload.

30. luvstehQte says:

ok, just noticed the title of the post is also a palindrome. i think i need to take the rest of the day off and go lie down.
    *splodies*

31. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Usul recharging
    For nights in flying circus
    Solar panel tum

32. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Kwis-cat Haderach
    Give a cat a smooch

(Knick-knack paddy-whack…)

33. Well spotted ltQ, but de brilliance is too much *pitching things out of summer trunk*… Ah needs mah sunglasses…and a puppeh to cuddle.

34. …or was it Eliot’s toilet?

35. Usul! Enjoying the screen of the tomato plant in the sunshade! I think the rays just barely found him.

36. Not merely snoozing:
    Am cattemplating autumn.
    Rilly! I’ve been framed!

37. Photosynthetic
    Immobile somnabulist,
    NOT cat’s sunbeam nap.

38. Clairdelune says:

Very nommable, those butterscotch pudding cats. Especiallly the earsies.

39. Clairdelune says:

It took me one split second then I caught on — oh well, guess I’m a nerd too.

40. The photo reminds me of Robert Frost’s, Tree at my Window, which reminds me of palindromes. O_o

41. Clairdelune says:

Oh my, now I’m divided between the butterscotch pudding and the orange marmalade. Both nommable… the curled up pawsies, this time…

42. Clairdelune says:

Thunderous applause *clap* *clap Brillian!
    I’m watching my kitteh cattemplating the universe right now.

43. jlamusings says:

HAHA! Lurve this whole thread! Meow-dib! :-D

44. One of my favorites! (And I love the contrast between that one and The Oft-Repeated Dream.)

45. AWW :D I so want to gently snorgle that kitty :D

46. *snerk*

47. Will you chase a Muad’Dib if you see one, Usul?

48. victoreia says: