Look, I Know What I’m Doing!

It’s perfectly simple, see? I use the flint to get some sparks, and use that to heat up the coals, and I use those to light the twig, and I use that to ignite the blowtorch, and I use that to light the candle! So just back off and give me some room!

Credit: Waltraud Grubitzsch, AFP/Getty Images (via SFGate).

1. Hehe!

2. Fird Birfle says:

I’m going to go with a recommendation that Theresa makes, on this one.
    This pic needs a background of Yakkety Sax !!!
    The “Fibber McGee”-style strategy, for lighting the candle, is a delight!!!

3. In the realm of “strange coincidences”, I had totally forgotten about Yakkety Sax. For YEARS. The 2 days ago a friend made a joke about it. Now this. I love it.

4. Also: “HEY GUYS! WATCH THIS!” :lol:

5. Fird Birfle says:

POIFECT, Th. :)

BTW, do you still reside in a Building which has four walls and no pool in the basement???

6. Landline, of course.

7. kibblenibble says:

I second what Fird said, Theresa. You have been in my thoughts. Here’s a (((hug)))

8. Fird Birfle says:

We’re all DEEEElighted that ye’re ok. And I rather like the term “lamdlind” instead of “landline” :) More creative & stuff :)

9. I do, Firdie, thank you and all! I’m enjoying CO on my phone; My lamdlind and interwebs are still futzed. :cry:

10. Yeah, Theresa . . . tell us that you aren’t swimming as you type this? Sending you and all of the region warm, dry, calm thoughts!!

11. I am so glad to hear that you are okay, Theresa :) I hope you are able to keep your phone charged up to keep watchin CO :)

12. WendyLady says:

These cuties must be guys. Gals would just get a lighter. ;)

13. Fird Birfle says:

That’s a good point. The strategy that Mike outlines here does rather resemble the logique of the guys from “Big Bang Theory”, n’est-ce pas?? :)

14. Yikes, he sneezed a meerkat! :o

15. Mary Anne says:

The perfect beginning for Nosevember!

16. Exactly!

17. Kari Callin says:

The meerkats crawl in, the meerkats crawl out. The meerkats play hide and seek in your snout…

18. Pinochle! They play pinochle in your snout! :lol:

19. The Original Jane says:

Dang! You got to it first!

20. Martha in Washington says:

And does the blowtorch say “Acme” on the side?

21. my first reaction was “gesundheit.”

22. Y’know, the ACME logo on the side should’ve been a clue

23. “We only need a veeblefetzer gauge and a frinkster gasket to get her street legal!”

24. Fird Birfle says:

YAY! :)

25. Oh, and four wheels. With some righteous rims!! :p

26. peteysmom says:

Laughing out loud people. Blow torches

27. murkle 46 says:

Maybe they could try firing their six-shooter into it,like in the Twain story?That one really cracked me up!

28. :lol: I would just LOVE to see this on video of the meerkats playing with their Halloween pumpkin :lol: