Look, I Know What I’m Doing!

It’s perfectly simple, see? I use the flint to get some sparks, and use that to heat up the coals, and I use those to light the twig, and I use that to ignite the blowtorch, and I use that to light the candle! So just back off and give me some room!

Credit: Waltraud Grubitzsch, AFP/Getty Images (via SFGate).

Comments

1. Hehe!

2. Fird Birfle says:

I’m going to go with a recommendation that Theresa makes, on this one.
    This pic needs a background of Yakkety Sax !!!
    The “Fibber McGee”-style strategy, for lighting the candle, is a delight!!!

3. Also: “HEY GUYS! WATCH THIS!” :lol:

4. Fird Birfle says:

POIFECT, Th. :)

BTW, do you still reside in a Building which has four walls and no pool in the basement???

5. WendyLady says:

These cuties must be guys. Gals would just get a lighter. ;)

6. Fird Birfle says:

That’s a good point. The strategy that Mike outlines here does rather resemble the logique of the guys from “Big Bang Theory”, n’est-ce pas?? :)

7. Yikes, he sneezed a meerkat! :o

8. Kari Callin says:

The meerkats crawl in, the meerkats crawl out. The meerkats play hide and seek in your snout…

9. Mary Anne says:

The perfect beginning for Nosevember!

10. In the realm of “strange coincidences”, I had totally forgotten about Yakkety Sax. For YEARS. The 2 days ago a friend made a joke about it. Now this. I love it.

11. Martha in Washington says:

And does the blowtorch say “Acme” on the side?

12. Yeah, Theresa . . . tell us that you aren’t swimming as you type this? Sending you and all of the region warm, dry, calm thoughts!!

13. my first reaction was “gesundheit.”

14. The Original Jane says:

Dang! You got to it first!

15. Y’know, the ACME logo on the side should’ve been a clue

16. Exactly!

17. Pinochle! They play pinochle in your snout! :lol:

18. I do, Firdie, thank you and all! I’m enjoying CO on my phone; My lamdlind and interwebs are still futzed. :cry:

19. Landline, of course.

20. “We only need a veeblefetzer gauge and a frinkster gasket to get her street legal!”

21. Fird Birfle says:

We’re all DEEEElighted that ye’re ok. And I rather like the term “lamdlind” instead of “landline” :) More creative & stuff :)

22. Fird Birfle says:

YAY! :)

23. kibblenibble says:

I second what Fird said, Theresa. You have been in my thoughts. Here’s a (((hug)))

24. Oh, and four wheels. With some righteous rims!! :p

25. peteysmom says:

Laughing out loud people. Blow torches

26. murkle 46 says:

Maybe they could try firing their six-shooter into it,like in the Twain story?That one really cracked me up!

27. I am so glad to hear that you are okay, Theresa :) I hope you are able to keep your phone charged up to keep watchin CO :)

28. :lol: I would just LOVE to see this on video of the meerkats playing with their Halloween pumpkin :lol: