2012 Cute Overload Top 10 Howl-o-Ween Costumes!

1. Evita

2. Bat Cat

3. Banana

4. Witch

5. Trick-or-Treater

6. Crocodile Kroncshe

7. Seal Pup

8. Fast Foods

9. Rice Crispy Treat

10. Mutt Romney (with Seamus pup on roof)

The End

One More Thing… Don’t eat too much candy, you might barf!

Credits! 1. By Katie Sokoler for Gothamist. 2. Via Girlington Garage. 3. Via BananasInstinct. 4. Bearded Dragon by Helen D. 5. By Jiffpom. 6. Via Intertubes. 7. By Ann N. 8. An oldie but a goodie from Sender-Inner Richard H. 9. As modeled by the fabulous Winston. 10. By Katie Sokoler for Gothamist. 11. “The End” By Cheryl L. 12. “One More Thing” from Alisha V.!

1. Inky with the fangs gets me every time! I would totally let him suck my blood if he needed it.

2. Agreed! Cutest itty-bitty-kitty-bat ever!

3. My thoughts exactly! And Winston as the rice krispy treat. BTW, I was in Barnes and Noble shoping for a new calendar and I saw one featuring Boo, the uber-cute pom. And, while I was perusing it and the CO calendars, I found myself getting frustrated that there is not one featuring Maru. WHY DON’T WE HAVE A MARU CALENDAR??????????

4. Actually, Maru calendars do exist. However, they only available in Japan. D:

5. There is a Maru calendar but it is only available in Japan. :(
    But you an order it through Amazon Japan….

6. or jlist.com

7. I want a Bat Cat! I want a Bat Cat! Gimmee gimmee gimmee gimmee gimmee!

Seriously, hand him over.

8. Had the exact feeling. I wanna Bat Cat too!

9. januaryfarmer says:

Bat Kitty….simple, elegant, perfect!

10. You should go over to Maru’s web site and contact the owner about making one. Maybe you can contact her (/) through Maru’s YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/mugumogu

11. AWW :D I so love the bat kitty :D

12. Great pix but unless you are going to show a dolled-up photo of a dog being eaten by President Obama, then pic #10 is nothing but a straight-up cheap shot that is beneath the dignity and worthiness of CO.

13. Animal Lover says:

14. Yep.

15. Oh MikeD, I’m about as Republican as they come, but I wasn’t at all offended at the photo of the “Seamus on the car.” It was harmless, cute and funny, and I think even Mitt would get a chuckle out of this photo…(-:

16. I am also as Republican as you can get (plus, I live in Massachusetts) but I’m not the least bit offended by the Seamus costume. We gotta lighten up just a tad, I think.

If Evita Pug didn’t win Best Doggeh Costume in the History of the Planet, then there is no justice. :)

17. warrior rabbit says:

I thought Evita Pug was channeling Jabba the Hut.

18. Yeah, but there’s no funny dog jokes related to Obama. “Mutt” works perfectly, though.

Actually, if you think about it, there are very few funny jokes related to Obama, especially since he has no sense of humor.

19. I think you meant to say, “there ARE no funny dog jokes related to Obama.”

And then you forgot to be funny.

20. I made a funny dog joke related to Obama. Can you please let me out of the Mod Lounge now?

21. Sorry for the delay, I couldn’t decide.

22. Oh, bugger off, Republican troll.

23. Okay, how do you make it better by dragging more politics into it???

24. Catwhisperer says:

Dignity? On this site? (No offense, Meg. I LOVE how undignified most of the pics are on this site.)

25. Me too! And besides, cultural dining customs are not the same as pet abuse in my book.

26. Amazing how many people think pet abuse is okay suddenly. *shidder*

27. *shudder

And hello, mod lounge. I’ll just help myself to the liquor.

28. It’s always 5:00 in the Mod Lounge.

29. HEY! How’d you slip by? I gave you a pass based on the “if it’s snide, let it ride” rule. DAMMIT!

30. Yeah well, If I were a dog, I would rather ride on a roof rack than ride on a plate surrounded by gravy.

31. Is that supposed to be funny?

32. I give up. What lies on a plate surrounded by gravy?

33. I am going to steal that kitten. That is the cutest costume I’ve seen in ages.

34. I will help you steal the kitten, Kar :D I will help with the cuddling, feeding, etc. :D

35. Corgi’nanner is crackin’ me up

36. & Mutt Romney’s little flappy earsies and scruffy face? he has my vote :D

37. michelle b adams says:

I guess I am out of it because I didn’t find anything wrong with Mutt Romney? I thought it was too cute, campaigning in his car.
    And, attention all humane societies, rescue groups, and animal shelters who have noted that black cats (and dogs, too, for all I know) are the last to be adopted: dress them as bats like this cute kitty and watch ’em fly outta there! (get it, fly?) Seriously, tho – who could resist????

38. RoadRunner says:

We had a cat run for mayor of Halifax called Tuxedo Stan. His entire campaign was based on helping all kittehs everywhere. His campaign slogan – “because neglect isn’t working.” Not making a mockery of the process but still fun.

39. Well, an animal could do better than most elected officials. At least they wouldn’t take bribes from companies, start wars or eff up the economy.

My dogs will take bribes from wherever they can get them and they’ve screwed MY finances up for life!

And animals don’t start wars? Don’t tell the Discover Channel.

41. It’s a reference to the fact that he strapped a dog to the roof of his car and drove halfway across the country. It’s not meant to be cute.

42. I’m allergic to kitties….but bat cat flew straight into my heart. :)

Although, my fave has got to be the trick or treater…where ever they’re giving treats like that, I’ll be there :)

43. You and me both, Emmylee! :D

44. Same here, Emmylee and NathanF :D

45. I am lucky to be not allergic to kitties :D

46. This absolutely made my day! Thank You!

47. magickariel says:

eeeeeheeheehee! i wuv all these

48. They’re all SQUEEE-dorable, but stub-tail-wag-nose keeells me!

49. I think these are all excellent choices and I’m glad to see Winston included! I miss him.

50. baroooooo I miss him too.

51. Fird Birfle says:

mmmmmmmeeeeeeee ttttoooooooooooo

*slightly sad*

52. Fird Birfle says:

Just don’t let Winston (#9) see Banana (#3) !!!

53. It would be so funny to see a rice krispie treat chasing a banana around…

54. But wouldn’t that be a funny meeting :lol:

55. Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof,
    Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof,

56. LOL!

57. ThirdShift says:

He lets the last trick-or-treaters go. He waits until his costume is put away and then he goes after the humins who dressed him this way. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents’ friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that Rice Krispy Treat Kitty was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that cat owners tell other cat owners at night. “Dress your cat as delectable dessert, and Rice Krispy Treat Kitty will get you.” And no-one ever really believes.

58. Fird Birfle says:

*hides under bed*

59. ZeppthePug says:

Oh no! Kaiser Krispy Treats!

60. Haha! Good one!

61. I meess Weenston! We were talking about him this week, wishing him an excellent costume, and hoping his two dads were doing fine.

62. Same here, dubyah1

63. peteysmom says:

The pumpkin barf is the best of Tocktober kitteh style. Wish I had those skinny kitteh hips, I could shimmy through anything.

64. *sighs* Don’t we all?

65. Same here, peteysmom and Kaya.

66. I loved the doggeh fast food one. I could try that with my kittehs but somehow don’t think it would work…. :D

67. My favorites are 2,5,and 6.

68. Oh, and number 9.

69. Don’t cry for me, Argentinppppppppppfffffffffftttt!

70. januaryfarmer says:

Peeps, the German Shepherd has a very sincere look about him and somehow the lion ruff (with ears) compliments him.

71. Not to mention the Mini Me.

72. Oh man, I about spit out my soda at Pupvita. I love eet!

73. Don’t cry for meee, Pugentiiinaaa!