2012 Cute Overload Top 10 Howl-o-Ween Costumes!

1. Evita

2. Bat Cat

3. Banana

4. Witch

5. Trick-or-Treater

6. Crocodile Kroncshe

Crocdog

7. Seal Pup

8. Fast Foods

Halloweenies

9. Rice Crispy Treat

Win_ricekrispietreat

10. Mutt Romney (with Seamus pup on roof)

The End

One More Thing… Don’t eat too much candy, you might barf!

Credits! 1. By Katie Sokoler for Gothamist. 2. Via Girlington Garage. 3. Via BananasInstinct. 4. Bearded Dragon by Helen D. 5. By Jiffpom. 6. Via Intertubes. 7. By Ann N. 8. An oldie but a goodie from Sender-Inner Richard H. 9. As modeled by the fabulous Winston. 10. By Katie Sokoler for Gothamist. 11. “The End” By Cheryl L. 12. “One More Thing” from Alisha V.!

Comments

1. Inky with the fangs gets me every time! I would totally let him suck my blood if he needed it.

2. Great pix but unless you are going to show a dolled-up photo of a dog being eaten by President Obama, then pic #10 is nothing but a straight-up cheap shot that is beneath the dignity and worthiness of CO.

3. Agreed! Cutest itty-bitty-kitty-bat ever!

4. Catwhisperer says:

Dignity? On this site? (No offense, Meg. I LOVE how undignified most of the pics are on this site.)

5. I am going to steal that kitten. That is the cutest costume I’ve seen in ages.

6. Corgi’nanner is crackin’ me up

7. & Mutt Romney’s little flappy earsies and scruffy face? he has my vote :D

8. michelle b adams says:

I guess I am out of it because I didn’t find anything wrong with Mutt Romney? I thought it was too cute, campaigning in his car.
    And, attention all humane societies, rescue groups, and animal shelters who have noted that black cats (and dogs, too, for all I know) are the last to be adopted: dress them as bats like this cute kitty and watch ‘em fly outta there! (get it, fly?) Seriously, tho – who could resist????

9. I’m allergic to kitties….but bat cat flew straight into my heart. :)

Although, my fave has got to be the trick or treater…where ever they’re giving treats like that, I’ll be there :)

10. My thoughts exactly! And Winston as the rice krispy treat. BTW, I was in Barnes and Noble shoping for a new calendar and I saw one featuring Boo, the uber-cute pom. And, while I was perusing it and the CO calendars, I found myself getting frustrated that there is not one featuring Maru. WHY DON’T WE HAVE A MARU CALENDAR??????????

11. Animal Lover says:

troll

12. This absolutely made my day! Thank You!

13. RoadRunner says:

We had a cat run for mayor of Halifax called Tuxedo Stan. His entire campaign was based on helping all kittehs everywhere. His campaign slogan – “because neglect isn’t working.” Not making a mockery of the process but still fun.

14. magickariel says:

eeeeeheeheehee! i wuv all these

15. I want a Bat Cat! I want a Bat Cat! Gimmee gimmee gimmee gimmee gimmee!

Seriously, hand him over.

16. They’re all SQUEEE-dorable, but stub-tail-wag-nose keeells me!

17. Me too! And besides, cultural dining customs are not the same as pet abuse in my book.

18. You and me both, Emmylee! :D

19. I think these are all excellent choices and I’m glad to see Winston included! I miss him.

20. Fird Birfle says:

mmmmmmmeeeeeeee ttttoooooooooooo

*slightly sad*

21. Fird Birfle says:

Just don’t let Winston (#9) see Banana (#3) !!!

22. Oh, bugger off, Republican troll.

23. But wouldn’t that be a funny meeting :lol:

24. Yeah, but there’s no funny dog jokes related to Obama. “Mutt” works perfectly, though.

Actually, if you think about it, there are very few funny jokes related to Obama, especially since he has no sense of humor.

25. Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof,
    Bananadog!
    Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof,
    Bananadog!

26. It would be so funny to see a rice krispie treat chasing a banana around…

27. Well, an animal could do better than most elected officials. At least they wouldn’t take bribes from companies, start wars or eff up the economy.

28. ThirdShift says:

He lets the last trick-or-treaters go. He waits until his costume is put away and then he goes after the humins who dressed him this way. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents’ friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that Rice Krispy Treat Kitty was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that cat owners tell other cat owners at night. “Dress your cat as delectable dessert, and Rice Krispy Treat Kitty will get you.” And no-one ever really believes.

29. I meess Weenston! We were talking about him this week, wishing him an excellent costume, and hoping his two dads were doing fine.

30. baroooooo I miss him too.

31. Oh MikeD, I’m about as Republican as they come, but I wasn’t at all offended at the photo of the “Seamus on the car.” It was harmless, cute and funny, and I think even Mitt would get a chuckle out of this photo…(-:

32. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

*hides under bed*

33. Okay, how do you make it better by dragging more politics into it???

34. Actually, Maru calendars do exist. However, they only available in Japan. D:

35. You should go over to Maru’s web site and contact the owner about making one. Maybe you can contact her (/) through Maru’s YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/mugumogu

36. LOL!

37. I am also as Republican as you can get (plus, I live in Massachusetts) but I’m not the least bit offended by the Seamus costume. We gotta lighten up just a tad, I think.

If Evita Pug didn’t win Best Doggeh Costume in the History of the Planet, then there is no justice. :)

38. peteysmom says:

The pumpkin barf is the best of Tocktober kitteh style. Wish I had those skinny kitteh hips, I could shimmy through anything.

39. Had the exact feeling. I wanna Bat Cat too!

40. There is a Maru calendar but it is only available in Japan. :(

But you an order it through Amazon Japan….

41. I loved the doggeh fast food one. I could try that with my kittehs but somehow don’t think it would work…. :D

42. My favorites are 2,5,and 6.

43. Oh, and number 9.

44. Haha! Good one!

45. ZeppthePug says:

Oh no! Kaiser Krispy Treats!

46. *sighs* Don’t we all?

47. Amazing how many people think pet abuse is okay suddenly. *shidder*

48. *shudder

And hello, mod lounge. I’ll just help myself to the liquor.

49. Yep.

50. Don’t cry for me, Argentinppppppppppfffffffffftttt!

51. januaryfarmer says:

Bat Kitty….simple, elegant, perfect!

52. januaryfarmer says:

Peeps, the German Shepherd has a very sincere look about him and somehow the lion ruff (with ears) compliments him.

53. or jlist.com

54. Not to mention the Mini Me.

55. Oh man, I about spit out my soda at Pupvita. I love eet!

56. It’s always 5:00 in the Mod Lounge.

57. warrior rabbit says:

I thought Evita Pug was channeling Jabba the Hut.

58. Don’t cry for meee, Pugentiiinaaa!

59. HEY! How’d you slip by? I gave you a pass based on the “if it’s snide, let it ride” rule. DAMMIT!

60. I think you meant to say, “there ARE no funny dog jokes related to Obama.”

And then you forgot to be funny.

61. WHAAAHHUUTTT???

My dogs will take bribes from wherever they can get them and they’ve screwed MY finances up for life!

And animals don’t start wars? Don’t tell the Discover Channel.

62. AWW :D I so love the bat kitty :D

63. I will help you steal the kitten, Kar :D I will help with the cuddling, feeding, etc. :D

64. Same here, Emmylee and NathanF :D

65. I am lucky to be not allergic to kitties :D

66. Same here, dubyah1

67. Same here, peteysmom and Kaya.

68. Yeah well, If I were a dog, I would rather ride on a roof rack than ride on a plate surrounded by gravy.

69. I made a funny dog joke related to Obama. Can you please let me out of the Mod Lounge now?

70. Sorry for the delay, I couldn’t decide.

71. I give up. What lies on a plate surrounded by gravy?

72. Is that supposed to be funny?

73. It’s a reference to the fact that he strapped a dog to the roof of his car and drove halfway across the country. It’s not meant to be cute.