Quokka Salesman

These leaves are priced to move!

Your Daily Quokka Quota filled by I Waste So Much Time.

Comments

1. What is that adorable little fuzzball? *looks at huge pile of leaves already in the yard* Sure! I could use some more leaves.

2. I will pay this guy to come over and clean up my leaves (hope he doesn’t realize he won’t be leaving though).

3. What an adorable little face! It kinda looks like tracylee has already been nomming his earses though. Just sayin’. :)

4. bookmonstercats says:

Apparently it IS a Quokka. It’s an Australian marsupial. Who knew? Certainly not I. We have plenty of leaves. I am willing to trade with him.

5. bookmonstercats says:

Any further news from the East Coast peeps? Thoughts and prayers are with you and the anipals.

6. I’ve never heard of this critter before but now that I have I must see MORE of them!

7. okay, now Australia is just messin’ with us.

8. Fall seems to be the perfect time for a foreign exchange program.

9. If I were an Inuit, that smile could sell me an icemaker.

10. yeah, they were pretty tasty too.

11. looks like his left one tasted better than his right one…

12. It looks like a miniature wallaby! Not surprised to find out it’s Australian.

13. warrior rabbit says:

His ear(s) and expression remind me of Fozzy Bear. Aaaahhhh quokka quokka.

14. If the leaves came with a quokka, I’d order a leaf delivery every week!

I’d never heard of a quokka before this post, and now I wonder how I’ve survived this long without that knowledge. So incredibly cute! I love the teeny front paws and the slight smile.

15. Hee hee hee! I’m not picturing the quokka wearing a tie and a brown hat.

16. He looks so possessive!! ‘My leaf!’ :D

17. Oy, that should say “NOW,” not “not.” Sheesh, where’s the QC around here?!

18. Fird Birfle says:

hi bmc.

I’m not in Jersey myself BUT I just rec’d an emali about noon east coast time,
    via my mom , from my sister who lives about two shakes down from Asbury on the shore, and whose one daughter (my niece) somewhere in NYC and a son
    (my nephew) in Hoboken. I don’t know in which borough her daughter lives; but she organizes /choreographs dance performances, which are held in the vicinity of Broadway.

All three areas say no power as of this morning. The little shore towns’ trees and foliage were pretty thoroughly plowed down/ devastated. Sue also mentioned a nearby neighbor/ tree collapsed onto his automobile ….

I saw something on the news coverage about an Atlantic City/ Boardwalk Rollercoaster setup that is now IN THE OCEAN. :(

But these are peeps, as in N’awleens (aka New Orleans LA) who are already pushing their shirtsleeves back to start repairing and rebuilding.

God Bless the U.S.A.

19. Fird Birfle says:

and THIS is why G-d created Meg, who created Cute Overload.
    And she saw that it was Good.

20. So *that’s* what a quokka looks like! They have a starring role in the famous (or infamous) biochemical saga “Hiawatha’s Lipid” — which I think would find favor with many here. I put the link in my name to avoid Banishment.

21. Fird Birfle says:

“This particular leaf, she’s a BEAUTY!!! You’ve got a real eye.
    Only blew around in the yard of a little old lady; almost no wear on it …”

SUCH a SALESquokka! But he does need a shirt pocket, with a
    pocket-protector in it to complete the picture.

22. Australia has been messing with us forever.

23. It looks like the love child of a prairie dog and a wallaby!!

24. lisaLassie says:

Thank you. Philadelphia here. In PA, over 1 million accounts lost power. Trees down all over the place. Thank you to many crews from a number of states as far away as Kentucky and Louisiana who are coming here to help restore power. In Queens, 80 houses burned to the ground. A lot of damage along coast in NJ. Many people still in homes still need to be saved. And Sandy joined with an artic front to create a bllizzard in West Virginia and nearby?Well, you can all see it all on TV: a very bad storm.

I have a few branches down outside and would appreciate quokkas and beavers coming to help with clean up. Thank you.

25. lisaLassie says:

I see. Back in Mod Lounge again. sigh.

26. Thank you G-d. I am most grateful for the cute, for it makes my life better.

27. If having leaves around can attract quokkas, then I am not raking my yard this fall.

28. Oh Em Gee. I’ve never heard of “Hiawatha’s Lipid”. Now I just don’t know how I have survived so long (and being an MD, PhD) without knowing it. Hysterical! THANK YOU for the link :).

29. 4leafclover says:

…and for JUST twelve easy payments of $49.99 this unique and stunning leaf could be all yours!!

30. PennyFarthing says:

Ah Australia! Our fauna kills you with deadly cute or deadly venom.

Thoughts and prayers with all on the East coast of the US. Stay safe!

31. Quokka’s are the cutest thing ever. In a wildlife park I went to one time, they really liked the leaves of a tree growing near their enclosure, so we passed the leaves through to them, they all came round and we fed them for hours. They are unbelievable cute.

32. bookmonstercats says:

Oh dear. We have “minor” disasters, such as the awful ones a few years ago in Cornwall and the Lake District, where people’s lives were lost and others’ devastated. Obviously, they are not minor to the people involved, especially the family of the brave policeman swept to his death from a bridge when he was checking no-one was in danger.

33. Fird Birfle says:

*delighted giggle*

4leafclover has a career awaiting in the wonderful world of Infomercials!!!

34. He reminds me of Gopher from the Disney iteration of Winnie The Pooh.

35. miniaturemoose says:

Yeah quokkas are lovely little animals. They live almost exclusively on an island just off Perth, called ‘Rottnest’,so named by the Dutch explorers because they thought the quokkas were giant rats. Though they are adorable marsupials, not rodents. Awesome to see quokkas on here by the way :)