Happy Halloween From Lil’ Drac!

My favorite time of the year, People! Two more days!

Drac Deets here!

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Behbehs are all adorabuhls. I don’t care what kind of behbehs they are!

2. I would personally like to volunteer to foster a tiny rocking bebeh hand-bat. *Waggles fingers invitingly…*

Bats are awesome. Fin.

3. 260Oakley says:

Rock out with you bat self, L’il Drac.

Thank you for reminding us all how to soothe ourselves. I’ve been listening to the wind blow all day and I was starting to fear for my Sandy-ity.

4. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Thanks for reprising Lil Drac. What a sweet, intelligent creature.

For the first time in my years this past summer, I saw bats flying at night in my Cambridge backyard and at a Mass Audubon sanctuary in Belmont. What a treat!

I agree. Bats are awesome. Fin.

5. Hi Oakley, I’m in the DC area, and I’m more than ready for this storm to be over. My poor indoor outdoor kitty is absolutely distressed at the thought of using a litter box instead of the nice area under the porch.

6. 260Oakley says:

I’m in Philadelphia and I think my cats are distressed that I have been home all day, taking up cat-allocated space on the couch.

7. emmberrann says:

Bats are good!! Bats are wonderful pollenators. Other bats are even better because they eat bugs like mosquitoes who wantto bug me! Li’l Drac is bat-eautiful, and I love that he comforts himself by rocking, even tho’ he’s all growed up.

8. How dare you! Have you no shame, no decency?

9. Ermahgerd! Bat binky!

10. missdoubleyou says:

I love Little Drac! He does indeed rock. :)

11. I would gladly rock you all day long Little Drac.

12. His rocking always bothered me. Wonder if it’s a sign of loneliness or troubled adaption to his non-bat companionship. Poor thing should’ve been clinging to his mother but at least he’s got keepers who care for him.

13. Cynthia M says:

Love you, Lil Drac!

14. It’s just his personality! (Though in all seriousness, I’ve seen other bats do this. I think Lil’ Drac is just fine.)

15. cyberpunkrocker says:

Bats rock!

16. I’ve “adopted” bats from Bat World Sanctuary in the past…it’s really cool…you get a pic and newsletter and stuff

17. Tell your dear sweet kitty that it is for his/her own good, Janie4. Please stay safe.

18. Tell your dear sweet kitties that mom is there to make sure they are all okay, 260Oakley. Please stay safe.

19. I second that, cyberpunkrocker :D

20. Thanks Theresa. I kept telling them that, but they didn’t buy it. Fortunately, the storm is almost over. By noon, the winds will be receding.

21. *sneeeef* I don’t know if it’s the music or what, but everytime I watch that video with the little guy rocking himself someone starts chopping onions in here!

22. I’m totally in love with Lil’ Drac! <3

23. 260Oakley says:

Teresa, I’m happy to say that Sandy has blown out of town. No public transportation yet, so the cats and I will have another day of starring contests ahead.

24. Sweet, wee chiroptera bairn!!!

25. Andi in NC says:

me too!!!!

26. Me three! Bless the peeps who belong to those fingers!

27. Which they will win, naturellement, n’est-ce pas?

28. Lil ‘ Drac makes me cry… such a sweet little fella .

29. Same here. I was just about bawling my eyes out by the end of the last video. Every time the little guy rocks, I weep. :)

30. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I always saw it as a way he comforted himself after a good meal.

31. AWWWW! Is he using that little foam thing like a binky? I noticed that he has it in his mouth at times other than his feeding times.

32. What loving care that hand (and its owner) gives to such a tiny creature. L’il Drac is a real heart stealer! This reminds me of my son’s rat, Winston. Somehow my son had ante’ed me up: went to pet store to talk me into a tadpole and we left with a rat. When we first got him, my toes would curl under each time I saw him. However, by the time we were at the vet’s on little Winston’s last day, I was bawling my eyes out. I still miss the little guy who figured out how to open his cage and would come to me when he heard my voice, somehow avoiding the two Cairn Terriers who were also in the house. I fell in love with a rat…and am the better for it! These little creatures are truly gifts for our hearts.

33. What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing, Emmm.

34. I CRIED at the videos, and I’ve even seen the first one before. I literally cannot handle Te Qte!

35. Li’l Drac is TOOO bat-dorable!

36. Janet in NYC says:

How beautiful this little bat is, and his caretakers, too

37. Stressfactor says:

I’m thinking about adopting one on behalf of my nephew who loves animals as Christmas present this year. I’d like for them to send the newsletter and stuff to him.

38. lisaLassie says:

You are in Philadelphia? *rushes outside yelling “here Oakley, here Oakley”*

39. Hear, hear!!!

40. Ugh. Very pun-y.

41. Ugh, I know. I’ve even seen the first one before, and every time the room gets really dusty.

42. oh how beautiful! i’m tearing up over the kindness of the hooman and how lil drac has blossomed. amazing work you guys!!

43. villyjean says:

Awww, I think I’ve found my cousin’s Christmas present! Now the hard part, WHICH bat do I choose?

44. Count me in the group of people that bawls every time I see this video with him rocking. Which considering I had nasal surgery a week ago & then got a cold, is REALLY not a good thing. I

45. These beautiful videos of Li’l Drac remind me of the Jewish prayer one says upon seeing unusual creatures-
    “Praised are you, Lord our God, who rules the universe, diversifying
    creation.”