This Just In: It’s True, We’re Not Echidna!

What’s roly-poly, made of silly putty and cute all over? A puggle! Yes, a baby echidna is called a puggle!

Hmmm, looks innacents enough but probably plotting sumpin’!

Snuggle as a puggle in a ruggle:

Read more about this rescued orphaned echidna at Huff Post Green!

Comments

1. lisaLassie says:

Awaits incoming COers with: 1. HK Heart Dethingamajigillator 2. Smelling Salts 3. Duct tape for ‘spoding heads. 4. Mop and buket for melted viewers 5. Outheld hands hoping for someone to put in a fat, blobbular puggle to snorf up milk with excruciatingly cute nozzle.

2. Oh dear God, I want it! I bet it’s fun to poke his belly. I can train him to make Pillsbury Doughboy giggles.

3. EEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

5. He blows bubbles!!!

6. Ok, is it just me or does he look like an Adipose from Doctor Who?

7. Elaine From L.A. says:

I saw this on another site a day or two ago, but oh my goodness, I can’t get enough of this little puggle :~)

8. So THAT’S where Lucas got the idea for Max Rebo.

9. jen, who just asploded says:

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg
    you HAVE GOT TO BE KEEDINGK MEE!!!

10. The Original Jane says:

Thank you! It was tickling the back of my memory but I couldn’t place it.

11. Thank you. Very thoughtful.And I am sure will be much appreciated as …!!! gaaaah! have just exploded from the Qte!!!

12. OK,honest question here…. is this the same thing as a platypus? Cuz that’s what it’s looking like to me..

13. That’s who I was reminded of too! But I only know him as “the blue elephant dude that plays the keyboard at Jabba’s palace”.

14. No, echidnas and platypuses (platypi?) are two very different, equally bizarre Australian mammals!

15. He’s nekkid!!

16. lisaLassie says:

*mops up pieces of Nancy and puts back together with duct tape*

17. *spluddles*

18. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE *spluddles…. again*

19. He’s blowing bubbles with his nose! So adorable.

20. This is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen…………………….. EVER. <3

21. God how I love you fellow CO’ers! I said, I’m gonna put: “Please help me, grab a mop and a bukkit and get me offa da floor!”

Lo and behold, the very first post has already predicted my response to this entry! Thanks lisaLassie, you’re a handy chick to have around! :D

22. Trivia: Baby platypi are also called puggles. I had no idea how adorable echidna puggles were, though. He looks so squishy!

23. Oh my, oh my! It even comes equipped with it’s own leetle carrying case.

*Politely shoves down Annabelle, gets grabby hands with the echidna and his transport nest, and heads for the hills*

24. ThirdShift says:

Can you imagine the poor puggle’s momma? Goes on walk, comes home to discovery of lost baby. “Oh for crying out loud! Again? Robbie? Robert Mackenzie Howell! Answer me, answer your mother right now!” Grabs house keys, scrambles out and backtracks. Poor momma. I know the little guy’s well-cared for but I hope they get to re-unite.

I do so love the insulated carrying case! I imagine it’s so warm and cozy. Prosh puggle is posh enough for a le chien Birkin, even.

25. I know, it’s the snout especially

26. Martha in Washington says:

Milk bubbles :)
    Worried mama :(

27. KittyAdventures says:

He is a spiney ant eatter.

28. rescue gal says:

Funniest C.O. comment . A+

29. rescue gal says:

I also worry so much – what if momma comes looking for them??? I get all stressed out for the mama.

30. Though right now he’s more of a fuzzy milk slurper.

31. Well not the same at all… but they are both Monotremes… the only two in the family. They also both lay eggs and then suckle their young… but they don’t have nipples…

32. It looks like some very rare kind of Pokemon…. :)

33. Thank you so much. Now please pass over some of that duct tape for my ‘sploded noggin.

The belleh, people, the belleh!!! Great, now I’d ded again.

34. *Strides into CuteOverload a sophisticated, erudite woman with a massive vocabulary*

*Crawls out, unable to form a sentence more coherent than “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhsquidgywidgypugglewugglemilkynoseybubbles”*

35. When I was in elementary school, some toy company came out with these little things called Puggles, and I totally had one. Now it makes so much sense…

36. Dimsdale?!

37. Well, if that isn’t blorpitude, what is? Blorpuggle?

38. loribelle says:

39. doomchild says:

Aaashhiebaa… blobbloo gooo shasshaa?
    *tries desperately to form a word.*
    coooooooo!
    *think! Think! Say something intelligent!”
    GUUUU!

40. It took me a while to figure out that when she said “eski” she meant “cooler.” And what could be cooler than a PUGGLE!!!11!!

41. *sympathetic giggles*

42. musicfoodbeerbikes says:

If there’s truth to the adage that people’s pets look like them, I should probably buy one of these.

43. Kari Callin says:

This wee one reminds me very much of an Edward Gorey character! LOLOL

44. Count me ded… The fact that its actual name is puggle is enough to keel but top it with the blorpular cutest and it’s just overkill.

45. Alexandra Noel says:

No words. Had to look this little guy up, as i had never heard of that species of anteater. I did think it resembled a playtypus at first, and its good to know they are at least related. What a cutie pie! That’s an understatement but all I can find to say without dissolving into a puddle of SQUEE. :3

46. They have “milk patches” inside their pouch! I swear, Australia is “land of bizarre animals.” :-)

47. I remember when the Mall of America first opened there was a Lost Forests store there. I remember getting a white, very fluffy animal with black legs/arms and long pointy nose who had a red handkerchief in one hand. I don’t know if I still have it somewhere or not, but it was really cute. :-)