Ooh Scary Ghost Story!

… and then, the Brave Kitten heard the ghost mice surrounding him in the dark. “We will have our revenge!” they moaned. “Not today!” yelled Batman, as he burst into the room. And then the ghost mice jumped on each others’ shoulders to form Ninja Voltron and fried Batman with a laser beam, so the Brave Kitten pulled out his sword and said “By the Power of Greyskull!” And that’s when the aliens landed…

Via cuatrok77.

Comments

1. bookmonstercats says:

..and…and… what happened NEXT????

2. Great scary story teller, all he’s is missing is the flashlight under his chin!!

3. The Brave Kitten shouted “You shall not pass!” and barfed on them.

4. Stressfactor says:

Actually, when I was a kid I remember reading this Japanese ghost story in which a samurai came to a town and found that their local temple was infested with ghostly demon cats. He went to spend the night at the temple to check out the story and was awakened in the middle of the night to find the demon cats dancing and warning “Tell it not to Shippitaru” (or something like that). The next day the samurai asked around if anyone knew someone named Shippitaru (or whatever the name was) and it came back that it was the name of a dog owned by a local guy. So the samurai went and asked if he could borrow the dog and then went back to the temple that night with the dog. When the demon cats showed up this time the dog attacked and chased them off and the demon cats were never heard from again and the locals were able to reclaim their temple.

Or at least that’s how I remember the story. I’ve looked for it in recent years but haven’t been able to find another copy of it.

5. …and then what happened to the man who left his hook on the car door handle?

6. When I saw “tell it not to Shippitaru,” I took that last word as a verb (if you know what I mean and I think you do).

Great story, btw.

7. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

8. Fird Birfle says:

Run-on sentences FTW Mike.

Also: grey kittayes reunion !!!

9. WoooOOOOOoooo (scary ghost noises…)

10. thelittlemyrmidon says:

WoooOOOOOOoooo (scary ghost noises…)

11. lol… Saffron, you must have some very barf-prone kittehs, as I’ve noticed that you seem to mention it alot. :o)

12. I love that Mike. That 80’s cartoon mash-up. Personally though, I was a VEHICLE Voltron kind of girl. No stupid mice or space nanny. Plus, a villain straight out of the Desslok playbook. Lor I’m a nerd.

I wish they reran those old He-man shows. I didn’t realize the camp subtext that went over my head at the time. Skeletar had an inner Catskills comedian in him with those retorts.

13. Heee..yes I do. I have a 15 1/2 year old tabbeh that does that. :( Have had him to the vet many times to make sure he is OK…after numerous tests, all of which were negative, his vet said ‘some cats are just barfers’. Heee.
    He is such a sweet and gentle tabbeh, I love him.

14. Well, as hoomin to 10 kittehs, I feel your pain – none of them are overly barf-prone, but with that many, I do have presents to clean up most days. :)

15. BWAHAHAHAHA!

16. THE BLOODY HOOK! AAAAAAAAAAA!

17. …and then the aliens attacked the ghost mice, because they wanted to take over the world. But the brave kitten attacked the aliens and said “I will use my sword to scare you, and then I will shed on you so much you will not be able to see.” but then the ghost mice attacked again…
    :D lol

18. “Tyrannosaurus rex in F-14s!” LOL

19. One telling is in “Japanese Ghost Stories” by Willison. Story is called “Shippetaro”. I remember it from my childhood too, so no doubt it’s in a number of collections.

20. Had one of those. Vet suggested giving her a third of a tagamet a day but that was worse than cleaning up the carpets.

21. skippymom says:

Eddy is my resident barfer. Often he will eat his breakfast and then barf it right back into his dish. It’s so cute!

22. Norbertmom says:

As someone owned by 7 cats, we have the same problem. Vet gave me a neat trick, Hairball Med!! EXTRA!! It helps er um lubricate.
    Works like a charm – the presents have literally been cut by 3/4.
    Now if only I could have my own pillow back at night :-P

23. victoreia says:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!

I read the story before I read the byline, but I *knew* it was NTMTOM!

What a great start to my day!

24. i had a cat that threw up ALL THE TIME, so i switched him to several SMALL meals a day, scattered on large plates. stopped his barfing 95%. also, quality food, but i am sure you do that already!

25. So when the ghost-mice attacked again, the Brave Kitten was not camouflaged by the small amount of fur he shed; so he whistled for some old friends: 3 Maine Coons, 4 big Persians, 2 Norwegian Forest Cats, 3 Siberians, and a couple of others that were pretty furry…….they all got together in a circle, collectively shook their fur, which resulted in a quasi-snowstorm…..The Brave Kitten meowed “Fank Yuu” to his friends, took his sword, and made his getaway, to the extreme consternation of the ghost-mice……… :mrgreen:

26. fank yuu!

27. … to the extreme consternation of teh ghost-mice who were taken by a fit of convulsive sneezing…

28. Smallthunder says:

I know this story! Now I just have to go find it … somewhere … for the both of us.

29. Paula Riccobono says:

Japanese Fairy Tales by Teresa Peirce Williston is a free e-book and is readily accessible through https://play.google.com/books

30. Ah, the flashlight under the chin….brings back many a ghostly memory.

31. songbirdnurse says:

But how would they reach the controls? Leeetle tiny arms and all…..

32. And fled this world never to be seen again :D

33. Your pillow belongs to your kitties, Norbertmom :lol: As does everything in the house that your kitties let you rent :lol:

34. steph moore says:

I dunno: looks to me like the little guy in the center is thinking to himself, “Nope. Not havin’ any of it.”