Take a Look at This

Alert Cuteporter OhWellWhatever6 says: “My girlfriend just adopted this 10-year-old cocker spaniel.”

“His name is Eli and his eyes slay me.”

CUTE OVERLOAD XTREME SENIOR PUP ADORABLE EYE SUPER-HANCE!

Comments

1. Oh that poor thing, he looks so traumatized by losing his original family. That was super-nice of the woman to be willing to adopt a senior pet. He really is adorable.

2. rescue gal says:

Yup- this face would get ANYTHING it wanted from me. Please tell your girlfriend she is AWESOME for adopting an older pup. She gets on the Awesome Women of Cuteoverload calendar for sure!

3. joools in PDX says:

Second that! What a lucky pup!

4. What a heart-melter! Bless you for giving Eli a home … and I love his cosy bed… room for two?

5. Cue the Sarah McLaughlin music….

6. Wow, just this morning I asked about more spaniels– and HERE ONE IS!!! Thanks, CuteOverload! :D

7. Mary (the first) says:

Tell Eli that everyone on CO loves him and extra hugs to his new mom for giving him a furever home! YAY

8. PS: BEEP!

9. What a sweetie. He looks so worried…he may need some extra smooches and treats…

10. phred's mom says:

I have melted completely into this sofa,
    a complete puddle, incapable of movement.
    This doggeh would have me at his beck
    and call. Those eyes!!!! Lawzy!

11. oaklandcat says:

I third that. Makes me so happy!

12. Janice Keber says:

I’m melting! MELTING! Oh, what a world… what a world…

13. Yay for older adoptions! So many wonderful pets don’t get a second chance when they are in advanced years. Good job to your girlfriend!!

14. Liquid pools of love. That’s what those gorgeous eyes are!

15. OMG his eyes are so, “thank you soooo much for adopting me even though i’m an old pup! i can now live out the rest of my life with tons of love” :D :D :D

16. This pup owns my soul.

17. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for adopting an elder-dog. You are the best. These dogs are so often overlooked, but they are worth their weight in gold. Thanks!

18. Oh my gosh. Ded. Too cute for me to handle….Extra points for being a senior dog…

19. old dogs being adopted make the big bad moderator cry.

20. I have to add my appreciation for adopting a Puppy With Experience. Older dogs are often very loving, content companions, and, with proper care, may have years of good life left in them. Bravo, and I hope this kind woman and this adorable guy are very happy together.

21. What a wonderful, wonderful face. HUZZAH for adopting an older dog! My senior and I are feeling all verklempt….

22. 260Oakley says:

Awww, I always suspected that Sharpy might really be a bit of a Softy…

23. 260Oakley says:

No expects the Spaniel Inquisition!

24. socalgirlie says:

Love it!!!!

25. How could anybody resist those sad eyes? What a sweet pup and a beautiful story.

26. …and he looks like that even when he’s chewing up your best shoes (a life lesson taught to me by someone who was raised by a basset hound).

Older pets are the best!

27. pupfanatic says:

4th it, over here!! The eyes, the eyes. Ehhhh…*thump*

28. Fird Birfle says:

29. Eli doesn’t need words with eyes like that.

30. cocker spaniels never really age. look at that puppy face! those puppy eyes. so sweet

31. Fortunately Cocker Spaniels live a VERY long time. She gets to enjoy this pup for many years to come!!!

32. Exactly what she said. And they really do make the most awesome pets imaginable.

33. Yah for the girlfirend and YAH for Eli! GIve him lots and lots of love……just lost my 13 year old sheltie and he was my love……old guys/girls need us humans so much, but we needs them more………

34. Bless your heart for adopting a senior dog. He’s a beauty.

35. Ditto! She is awesome for adopting adult doggeh.
    Those eyes…I would do whatever they want!

36. Jasper's Dad says:

There is a rescue group in the DC area that specializes in Cocker Spaniels. It’s called Oldies But Goodies Cocker Spaniel Rescue (OBG). These days they adopt out Cockers of all ages but they got started as a seniors only rescue group. My boy Jasper is a senior Cocker Spaniel (14+) years and he and I used to help out at OBG fundraising events in the Cocker Spaniel kissing booth. Jasper is too old to participate any more but some of you in Northern Virginia may remember him. He was quite popular.

37. Give and old dog/cat a chance. I did and it´s wonderful. They give us so much love!

38. victoreia says:

*hands Sharpy a tissue*

39. AM NOT!

40. *****HONK!!!*****

(tentchu, victoreia)

41. That was my first thought, too- good job adopting an older dog! I adopted an 11-year old cat recently. She’s overweight and has gingivitis, but as I (and everyone else) kept looking at the kittens/younger cats, I couldn’t stand that so many people passed her by after looking at the age on her card (this was a days-long process). So, she came home with me! I hope Eli lives to a ripe old age and the two enjoy each other for a long time!

42. YaY for ziggy!

43. skippymom says:

Bless you, ziggy!

44. How does the song go? “There’s just three things / In this whole world / Worth a solitary dime– / That’s old dogs, and children / and watermelon wine.”

45. Just met an older fellow who had adopted an 11-year-old black Lab who was white around the jowls and I was humbled by his devotion to her. Old dogs are like GOLD.

46. That is, they were both white around the jowls (but I meant the dog originally).

47. Wild clapping! (not golf clap!)

48. Yay Ziggy! My last two adopted cats were 11 and 7 years old. I thought of the 7 year old as a “young” one. The 11 year old was the loviest sweetest kitty ever and he always gazed at me with adoration. The older ones seem to know what you have done for them and give so much back. I miss my Griffin!

49. Love, LOVE this! Older adopted pets are so special. You will be rewarded with lots of appreciation.

50. I am 20 weeks pregnant and this picture sent me into a 30 minute crying fit! Why is he sooo sad?? I want to hold him forever until his eyes are happy.

51. As a fellow Eli, I approve this message!