A Moment of Zen Brought to You by Sittin’ Pretty Kitty

What does the “W” on kitty’s back stand for? Wonderful? Whiskers? Whoopee? Wunderkind? Winking? Will we ever know?

Via You Tube user kitcatn.

Comments

1. “I wish that bus would get here. All of this waiting around is making me sleepy.”

2. W stands for Wondercat, of course.

Actually, I met a cat named ‘Wondercat’ one time. I met her because she came walking into my house. (I had left the door open so my own cats could go out to my courtyard.) So one night, this cat comes walking in, went up the stairs–then freaked. Fortunately, her way of ‘freaking’ wasn’t to run amok, but to plaster herself to one spot (the top stair) and ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO MOVE A MUSCLE. Really, she could not be budged–I tried picking her up, but she had sunk her claws into the carpet. Even more fortunately, she was wearing a collar with a tag that had her name and phone number. I called her humans (neighbors I had never met), and one of them came to get her. He said she was always “a hard cat to pick up,” actually. But he managed to get her moving, then she did freak out a bit and attempt to get out a closed window, then finally made her way out the door.

To this day I’m not sure what I would have done if she hadn’t had that tag. Called animal control? Got some gloves and tried to physically force her off the stair? Maybe a good squirt of water would have gotten her to move. Or pepper spray. (Just kidding!)

3. It stands for “Want my tummy kissed.”

4. Actually, if you look at it the other way, it’s “M” for Meow”

5. That cat is in need of his snuggie, stat! And a cup of hot cocoa.

6. fleurdamour says:

Of course this happened in Japan, land of wonder and enchanted woodland creatures. Wow.

7. Think the radiation got to it?

8. Fird Birfle says:

This is charming. I really appreciate the slightly kooky music.
    I would say, but in a fun way, that the “W” stands for (slightly) Weird.

also I hereby place a Wager that a peeple posed the Kitteh. It’s still adorable of course, and Kitteh stays the course. Jus’ sayin’ ….

9. Maybe not. My cat sits like that all the time, draped over the arm of the…uh…armchair, face raised to the window, sun beaming off his fur. It’s a thing of beauty, to be sure, and relaxing (for both of us!) as all get out.

10. Doesn’t it looks like the patern on Charlie Brown sweather?

11. Exactly what I was thinking! “Why of COURSE it is in Japan…”

12. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

What cat sits like this? It can’t possibly be comfortable. Is there something wrong with this cat?

13. I don’t think a cat could be posed no matter how hard hoomins wanted it to stay that way. By the way….where are all the freakin’ people?!?

14. Wewaxed.

15. Fird Birfle says:

*BOISTEROUS, ENTHUSIASTIC APPWAUSE*

16. My mom’s cat sits like that when they share a chair at the kitchen table in the morning. She has done this every day for 3 years. I see nothing wrong with it… have you seen the positions some cats sleep in? They’re like rag dolls :) Way cute kitty chilling in the park!

17. AWW :D I so want to gently pick up that kitty and cuddle him/her :D

18. “You can’t possibly be comfortable like that” is a phrase I’d wager most cat owners find themselves repeating frequently.

19. Waiting. It is his destiny.

20. fish eye no miko says:

Maybe he’s on the Group W bench?
    /obscure?

21. Fird Birfle says:

*shifty eyes*

I KNOW all ’bout the Group W Bench, fish eye no moko ….

“Mother [bleepers]; father stabbers — sittin’ right THERE, on the Group W Bench…”

(btw, I b’lieve I saw, about two weeks ago, that Arlo Guthrie’s wife had recently
    passed away???)

RIP (I don’t know her first name, sorry…) Mrs. Arlo Guthrie.

22. Fird Birfle says:

groovy bebbeh :)

23. i was so tempted to say, “Just sitting’ there on the bey-ench” but i wasn’t sure if anyone would get it! i should never have doubted the CO peeps… ;)

24. skippymom says:

OH, yeah.

25. victoreia says:

Oh, so you’ve been to my house?

26. Animlfarm says:

Aww.. I just went and saw the other videos! This is such a loved kitteh, why did I ever doubt the CO?

27. ding! winner.

at the end, when Youtube puts up the followon videos, there are several of the same cat in the same pose in different settings.

and he’s kind of the anti-maru, really. gets attention for doing nothing in a funny way, instead of something in a funny way.

28. Her name was Jackie. She died of liver cancer. So sad…

29. This sounds like a beautiful poetry.

30. Reminds me of Bill the Cat in the old “Opus” comic strip by Berkeley Breathed!

31. “Bloom County” mean. The later strips were never the same.

32. The close-up of the breathing belly and the tooties against the elevator muzak felt all Warhol-y for a moment.

33. Clearly, he’s one of the Wonderpets!

34. emberrann says:

If zencat-sama was not comfortabuhls, he would not remain so. Tried to change Picky-sama posish once, and was most terribly disappointed when he immediately returned to posish I was trying to “improve.”

35. Brooksmom says:

I think this cat found my Zoloft!

36. Nono (the cat), has its own blog ….

37. Several people on other sites have seen this cat and many agree that something is not right, like human fed him pot, or something. surprised to see it again. Hope he’s alright.