NYC Halloween Doggeh Parade Today!

Cute Alert® for CO NYC Peeps! Today’s the day for the 22nd Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade!

It all starts at noon Eastern Time! Click here for more details, and here for a helpful map to the festivities if you’re in the area.

The website says “Tons of prizes for doggehs in costume, and lots of treats!”  (We assume the treats are for the doggehs.)  Looks like an iPod raffle, too.  (We assume that’s for the hoomins.) Here are some photos from the 2011 event! Are you going today? Send your photos here!

All pix via The Guardian by Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images.

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

Oh Theressa ought to enjoy THE HECK outta this !!!!

I’m lovin’ on all of them but my fave is the 4th photo (Dachshund Draggon) !!! :)

2. firdie, get out of my brain! that whole thing was going to by myyyyy comment, almost verbatim!

3. emmberrann says:

Fird does this to me, too!

4. Oh I wish I lived closer that parade looks like a hoot! (or would that be a woof?)

5. Third pic down looks like a stegosaurus.

And for those of us who loved this book as a kid, we know that is what it is… :)

6. Aw, I’m not that far from the city but I wouldn’t get there by noon! And I don’t have a doggeh to dress up anymore, either :(

7. Tomkins Square Park used to be notorious for its homeless people, drug dealers, and other unsavory types. Gentrification has set in!

8. Carla Oliveira says:

Omg I love them!! The metrobus and the sign costume made me lol! Awesome.

9. I dunno, I got a hunch some of those guys are blushing red under their fuzz!

10. The flower/bumblebee and peacock ladies look as nutty as us cuteoveloaders! They both have that look in their eyes. You know it…cause you haz it too, lol.

11. DaytimeDeb says:

Vegas Showgirl: Looks like she belongs on Dogshaming instead! Absolutely hilarious pics!

12. Eighth dog down obviously went trick-or-treating at Donald Trump’s house and ran off with his second best toupee…

13. My vet’s office is having a costume contest, but my cats are cantankerous old biddies who won’t even wear collars.

14. lisaLassie says:

Excuse me, but that so called “dragon” is actually a Stegasaurus. I only say this to protect COers. What if one of you is walking down the street one day and you see a stegasaurus ambling by and you say “hey, there is a draggon” and everyone around you points at you and laughs and sneers? and the stegasaurus refuses to talk to you? Now that won’t happen to you.

15. lisaLassie says:

Oh, and I guess I should have read all the other comments (especially Saffron’s) first. .

16. Corgi Bus looks pretty happy….bus stop kid, not so much :P

17. Peeps you MUST click the link and see the other pics ESPECIALLY the bulldog in the wedding gown!!

18. Omg! The dachshund in the dinosaur outfit! If these pics are from last year, i could swear we saw him yesterday at a different pet costume contest in Queens at Socrates Sculpture Park. So damn cute!!!

19. PS EVEN MORE REDONK PICS from Tomkins Square Park: