Tuggin’ at Heartstrings

Sender-Inner Alison B. explains:

“This is Felix Truman Tiberius… he was picked up, literally, off the street. I saw him in the midst of a busy road and made the split-second decision to pick him up. He was crawling with fleas, but took him straight to the vet for a check-up and treatment and now he’s doing quite well. Here in India there are lots of street dogs, but people tend to prefer ‘pure breeds’ as pets and import them. The street dogs make equally worthy pets, of course.”

Of course!

Comments

1. Aww he’s adorable <3

2. AWW :D I am so glad you were able to give this sweet little puppy a loving forever home, Alison B :D

3. What a sweet face!

4. YaY for another resqte!!

5. What an adorable puppy! I’m so glad Alison B saved him :)

6. Yaaaaayyy Alison B! I bet Felix is soooo stinkin happy to have a home :)

7. Catwhisperer says:

Here’s to you, Alison! *raising imaginary class of Champagne because I’m still at work, but it’s Friday, and only four hours separate me from my weekend* May you & Felix have many, many years of bliss together.

8. How precious is that face!!! I nominate Alison B as Resqter of the Day

9. lisaLassie says:

Alison B you are a wonderful person! Thank you on behalf of cute little guy who has not yet learned how to type.

10. I second that emotion

11. I found my dog of fifteen years in almost exactly the same circumstances. It makes me so happy to witness the start of another journey like ours.

12. Yea for Alison B and Felix Truman Tiberius \o/ /0\ \o/
    Here’s to a long and happy life together :D

13. *raises her glass*

14. Mixed breeds, resqtes, all good. I loff Alison B for giving this leetle puppers the home he deserves. And I bet she thinks SHE’S the one who’s been blessed.

15. Stressfactor says:

Awww. Whose a little cuteums? Yes him is, he’s a widdle sweetie…..

Uhhh. Ahem. Yes. As you were.

16. Prosit!

17. Slainte!

18. Salud!

19. I love lil puppies I am so glad you rescued him :)

20. Would this adorable pupper’s last name be in honor of the captain of a certain ship that went where no man had gone before?

21. Santé!

22. skippymom says:

Up yours!

23. That has such a familiar ring to it. Not that I would ever talk baby talk to a dog. Nope, not me. :)

24. Fird Birfle says:

NOW YOU WAIT JIST A MINNIT YOUNG LADY!!!

25. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for adopting a “leftover”!!!!!

26. skippymom says:

Now you wait just a minute! This is a quote from the movie Irma La Douce. I don’t remember exactly, but I think she means “Bottoms Up” but gets it wrong.
    *blows a raspberry at Leslie*

27. skippymom says:

None of us would ever talk baby talk to any of our pets. Not us.

28. [shifty eyes]

29. skippymom says:

And none of us would ever make up silly songs to sing to them, give them multiple ridiculous nicknames, kiss their toebeans, or anything like that, ever.

30. Haha, I caught that too!

31. I second that!

YAY for Alison B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an adorable puppeh…who could resist that cute little schnozz???

32. Very sweet and noble! Sadly, I’m reminded of the story of the little girl throwing starfish back into the ocean, and saying, “It makes a difference to this one.”

/Hey, I bet there’s some stray kitties there that need some luvin too.

33. I thought the T was for ‘tomcat’ :D

34. luckyrubberducky says:

this little fella looks like he could be related to my puppy. glad he found a good home in you!

35. Fird Birfle says:

skippymom — do you remember the Antique Bit from Bill Cosby where G-d is giving instructions to Noah about the Ark… (“forty cubits by…”)

how Noah answered G-d? “RIGHT”

36. Fird Birfle says:

yeah and Irma La Douce was SURELY a remarkable role model for correct young ladies .

*sticks fingers into both ears and waggles them at skippymom*

37. If this is what you find on the streets in Indiana, I think it’s time for a road trip.

38. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Visit Visakha Society for the Protection and Care of Animal‘s FB page to see the good works this organization does for animals just like this in India.

39. ummm…long road trip as I think the puppehs in question are actually in India. Can I come along? – I’ll navigate. *grabbing atlas; heading out the door*

40. I know I would never cuddle a li’l puppy and croon, “What a precious little diddums you are! Would you like all my money? A steak?” I would also never zerbert a little pink puppy belly, or squeal in delight after kissing a puppy nose.

Never, ever, ever. Nope. Not in my house.

41. Felix has a wonderful forever home…your both blessed!!!! xo

42. I second that! What a sweet little fellow, and I’m so glad your lives intersected.

43. Applause for Felix Truman Tiberius and his resqte-r.

44. whosnewsblues says:

He is my Godson! The cutest thing ever that we could have found on our streets!

45. That is such a perfect title. Such a perfect little face too.

46. rattyclare says:

Alison, I admire you greatly. Compassion in small (furry) acts reflects a beautiful heart and courage in you that is not overwhelmed by the huge need around you.
    India needs loving people like you to make others see something different rather than driving past with eyes closed. Blessings :)

47. Wonderful rescue story! And what a wonderful name too, perfect for a little puppy survivor …

48. Bottoms up :D