Sqwerl Cookehs!

Just the thing to have with your morning coffee…

Squirrel cookies!

Here’s the recipe. Had to run it through the Google Translator ‘cuz it’s Italian and stuff.

Grazie!

Comments

1. i bet if you made dog bickies out of those your pup’s head would asplode

2. Real Skwerlio sez: “I’ma nawt a cookie!!!…. Pleez to nawt eet me!!! :shock:

3. Fird Birfle says:

soooo kyooot !!!!

4. NurseNoir says:

… coffee: feh. TEA!!!
    Kittehs’ heads also asplodin’ everwhar! (Preceded by much chattering.)

5. These made me say, “Get! Out!”

Or, perhaps, “Vai! Via!”

(No, I don’t really speak Italian. Feel free to correct me.)

But the important thing is: WHERE DOES ONE FIND THOSE COOKIE CUTTERS??? And a quick google answered my question: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=squirrel+cookie+cutter&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2743325755&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=478345&hvnetw=g&hvrand=796542351170406965&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_6hrxzhb767_e

WANT! (And I don’t even bake.)

6. If that little cutie patootie wants a cookie, I’ll give it the old college try even if I’m not a baker.

7. I’ve got the squirrelio cookie cutter (last used for making homemade chocolate squirrelio marshmallows). What I want to know is where you get food grade tonka beans in the U.S. Anybody?

8. Dang, a quick Google search told me that tonka beans are pretty rare in the states, if they can be found at all. I wanted to make delicious squirrel cookies! :(

9. The wee leetle tail handles that hook on a cup! Also, after biting the cookies, I wanna bite that fat, little ball o’ fluff with ear tufts (in a loving, crazy, cuteoverloader kinda way, of course).

10. That real squirrel is soo adorabuhls. I wanna SQUEEZE eet :D

11. Fird Birfle says:

Qu’est-ce que c’est un(e) “tonka” bean. Anybody? Bueller? Ferris Bueller??

12. Fird Birfle says:

This is WHY CO is a place wif Pikchas, not a Petting Zoo :)

13. Cute. But those little black things on the side looks like cockroaches!

14. Tonka bean tastes like vanilla and almond so I substituted a teaspoon of (real) vanilla extract and a quarter teaspoon of (imitation) almond extract and they turned out uber tasteh

15. Are they nutty flavored? I’m thinking their nutty flavored.

16. lisaLassie says:

Do you think if you make the cookies and then drop them into the snow and then close your eyez and cross your fingers the cookies turn into that tufted darling! Huh?

17. Fird Birfle says:

( I don’t mean anything bad — just protectin’ them animals frum our luv)

18. Fird Birfle says:

merci bien :)

19. Ooohh, thank you for the info! Very helpful indeed. However, mine will have to be rabbit-shaped, as I have no squirrel cookie cutter. :(

20. Oooh, good to know somebody got experiemental. I was going to scout health food stores—apparently you might be able to obtain said forbidden substance as an “anti-inflammatory supplement.” Or I might just bag it and use the presto-changeo substitute formula… Thanks for the tip!

21. Martha in Washington says:

Questa squirrlio e’ molto buonissimo! Anche’, i biscotti guarda delicioso!

22. Cutest Squirrel Evah!!!!!!

(the ear tufts!! the round fluffiness!!)

23. SQUIRREL!

24. This little cutie can have all zee cookehs he wants! (*smooch* on zee leetle nose)

25. If that’s true, I’m willing to bake the cookies! :-)

26. Thank you for posting that squirrel in the snow. It’s my all-time favorite picture. My computer got a virus and I’d thought I’d lost that squirrel forever. Thanks again!

27. Rockatiel says:

I have this cookie cutout! It’s from a set from Ikea…it came with a moose, fox, snail, bear, porcupine and some others (it’s a random assortment so I believe Ikea chose animals native to Sweden).

28. Fird Birfle says:

of COURSE it’s an Ikea thingamabob !!!

Did the parts require assembly???

(only kidding about assembly)

29. Tonka beans aren’t legit as food in the US because they contain coumarin. Anyone on blood thinning meds shouldn’t eat them. Vanilla beans are a perfectly fine sub-sti-tute. Accept no sub-sti-tute for cute sqwerl cookie cutter, tho’!

30. Before you go baking these, remember that the oven temperature will be in Celsius units. 180 C is approximately 350 F (which makes sense, as that’s about where most baked goods bake in ‘Merican ovens…)