I Got Quills! They’re Multiplyin’

And I’m losin’ control!

[slips and slides in bathtub]

Quentin H. Hedginton is all greased up. Sent in by Jessica D.

1. Those feetsies! ACK!

2. The BEF!

3. The more hedgies I see on here the more I realize that mine is a beast.

4. Hedgie is cuter than Travolta for sure!

5. One Skunk Todd says:

I hope the power you’re supplyin’s not electrifyin’… because… you know… bathtub and all that.

6. bookmonstercats says:

7. Quentin H. Hedginton? Why, old chap, you seem a little…moist!

8. Doesn’t his name rock?!

9. Now I’ve got this song stuck in my head.

10. phred's mom says:

Now it’s stuck in my head, too, and it feels
    like a dentist’s drill, such a nothing “melody”
    line. Anybody out there remember the original
    taped-live afternoon series in the sixties?
    What a hoot it was!

11. Martha in Washington says:

I rushed home from school every afternoon to watch it! And, at some point, we had the board game! (How’s that for telling your age?!)

12. Crazy Pants says:

My Uncle, Fast Pants, always thought the commercial jingle, By Mennen, was a palate cleanser – meaning it could help remove that pesky stuck song. Enjoy this 80’s commercial, jingle at end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_w7hFAryQ&feature=related

13. Hedgehogs have spines. Porcupines have quills.

14. Fird Birfle says:

Is that a corollary to the statement that Dogs have families and Cats have staff?

15. Martha in Washington says:

Seriously QHH, who could possibly ignore you? Only dead people, I’m thinking.

16. Actually, his real name is Quentin Hedgington Hogington.

17. Martha in Washington says:

Any chance of a bagel and a latte in the lounge this morning?

PS–What did I say wrong?

18. Of course! Would you like jalapeño cream cheese?

19. Slippin’ and a-slidin’, peepin’ and a-hidin’, told you long time ago!

20. Fird Birfle says:

Like, the COOLEST, Daddy-O!!!

21. Brilliant!! This is why I’m hopelessly devoted to CO <3

22. Fird Birfle says:

23. Now, does he run around collecting gold rings, too?

24. emmberrann says:

Do hedgepigs need to be moisturized after bathing? I know very little about their care, feeding and bathing.

25. I occasionally moisturised the late, great Yona Pog’s ears. The edges could get a bit dry and I used some Vit E cream to moisturise them. The skin between her quills or on her feet never seemed dry, but I’d use very gentle puppy shampoo to clean the poop off and that seemed to help. Ideally I guess you’d never bathe hedgies, but they do get really poopy feet and stinky quills sometimes!

26. Fird Birfle says:

emberrann: below is a(n) URL with numerous articles that are specific to the bathing question. I presume that among them will probably come up something that connects to info about the general “care and welfare of” type material. Hope it is helpful!

Peace and hedgehogs to all — L. Thomas/ Jax/ Fla