Mail Call: Baron versus Bubbles

Baron the cat PREYS on his mail. That Papa John’s pizza coupon is important stuff, and must be safely delivered:

Then there’s Bubbles, who takes a more Hurricane Katrina delivery approach:

Baron by Tikigoth, and Bubbles by Pottybursar.

Comments

1. Kari Callin says:

You GO, Baron! Easiest prey he ever caught, and proudly stalks off to hide it away for future abuse. LOL

2. Wowsers!!! I hope their hoomins weren’t waiting for a check to be delivered…..!! :shock:

3. These videos make me glad that our mail is delivered to a box out on the street!

Baron looks so proud that he caught that envelope. It was wily, but he outwitted it.

4. Good kitty! Good kitty!

5. As usual the cat is dignified and dainty and the dog is all over the place.

6. I think I’d send mail to myself just to watch the ‘show’. BTW does anyone else see a white iguana on top of the green bag in the first video?

7. Yes I can see it through tears of laughter.

8. I love that Bubbles makes sure he grabs his Security Blanket/Squeaky Toy as soon as he dispatches the invading mail. So cute.

9. That cat’s so funny! :)

10. That cat’s so funny :)!

11. lisaLassie says:

I was going to ask if anyone saw a white chameleon (the true chameleon type) on that bag! Glad I’m not the ony one.

12. Baron is so proud of himself.

13. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

14. Fird Birfle says:

(say in Dan Aykroyd, Blues Bros voice, hard Cheekawgo ayksent)

“We’re on a missyun frahm Gahd.”

15. Did anyone notice that the door is covered in plastic? Baron’s family is very accomondating.

16. I had not noticed it, I was too intent on the cat. But it can’t be real can it? I mean, I know chameleons are not the fastest critters but that one didn’t move at all. Also it’s white on a green bag, shouldn’t it be green?

17. Yep :lol:

18. Well, ay least the pup didn’t eat the mail . Ya gotta love that last great squeak of defiance !

19. I got a kick out of Baron’s welcome mat.

20. Tater Tot says:

“My work here is done.”

21. Tater Tot says:

Did anyone else see Marmie ears? It looks like Baron has a buddy.

22. Kari Callin says:

I think it’s either fabric or that white tissue paper some clothing stores use.

23. I had no idea there were still two households who got their mail through a slot in the door. Must be grandfathered in.

24. Omg, I didn’t notice that at first – that is hilarious! Glad there are other crazy people like me that make “adjustments” to their home for the kittehs… :)

25. I wonder if the mail deliverers have any idea what entertainment they are providing.

26. I have plenty of useless fast food coupons for Baron to take and take to parts of apartment unknown. C’mon over!

27. Fird Birfle says:

I went to the youtube thingy for this vid and read some of the comments below it there. One of them said “I’m a mail carrier and I LOVE THIS”.

So, evidently, at least SOME of them are aware of what goes on, indoors…

28. Fird Birfle says:

You mean,
    that we have FINALLY figured out a GOOD USE
    for all that d@mn cr@p??? (the junk mail) :)

29. My house was built in 1903 – must be great-grandfathered – and Dusty the Tortoiseshell claims the basket under the mail slot is actually a cat bed.

She also likes to stick her nose out the slot (the flap occasionally sticks in the up position) to greet one or another of the neighborhood outdoor cats or to meow at me as I walk up to the door. When I left my suitcase sitting in the street as I drove off to a conference – don’t ask… – my SSOO (‘significant something-or-other’) came over and retrieved it; he said Dusty meowed at him, too.

But she doesn’t meow at anybody else, as far as I can tell (I’ve been home when the mail was delivered and when people came by), and all she does with the mail itself is sit on it.