A Jarring Experience

Kitty contortionist Flexi McMarmalade entertains her humans by pouring herself into a jelly jar — but can she get herself out of this jam?

FaveFrame™!

Comments

1. Yowsa! :-x

2. Sorry, wrong smiley face…I meant to put kinda screwed-up in mock horreur! ;-)

3. At first I was all: 8O That is so MEAN! And then I was all: 8O 8O I can’t believe she/he managed that!!

4. Coffee Cup (now with more rabbits) says:

Bonzai kitties are real! Bonzai kitties are real! *grabs pudding and waits for the nuffs*

5. Oh my goodness…will she…won’t she…in…out….tooooo stressful. I need a tranQUILLizer…hurry, hand me a hedgie!

6. I think sometimes I believe that cats have no bones; they are made entirely of goo covered with fur!

7. Maureen from Canada says:

We can learn so much from cats – after initially trying and failing, he stepped back, laid down, rolled around on the floor as if to ponder the situation and then attacked it again!! Such wisdom. I’m going to do that today before I meet with a difficult client!

8. How on earth do cats fit their entire selves into spaces that are smaller than their bodies?? Even the fact that they don’t have bones doesn’t fully explain this phenomenon. :)

9. That was a bit concerning – I wonder if she could really breathe after she faceplanted. It looked like she was really struggling to get out for a while there. :(

10. Look – NOMTOM added a Fave Frame, per your request, michelle b adams and Gigi! :)

11. OT: A commenter on a political blog I read just made the comment that “the Internet has pretty much forgiven Michael Vick.” Methinks we need to create a new flap.

12. Poor little thing…..made me feel claustrophobic. :(

13. I’ll tell you what is really bothering me…the ad on the side for Snickers with the giant head. Freaks me out! :O

14. As dumb as those Snickers commercials are, I think Horseless Headsman is a great costume idea! :)

15. Please let us know how the rolling around on the floor in your office part goes.

16. fleurdamour says:

Hairy Mewdini!

17. fleurdamour says:

Clawstrophobic?

18. WHEW! Very disturbing to say the least as I could see this kitten was starting to panic. Yes, it was cute but please put this jar away before kitten gets bigger and thinks he/she can still fit. Very cute too when kitten was studying how to conquer this crazy obstacle. By the way, ADORABLE kitten! :)

19. Crazy Pants says:

One of my favorite parts of this vid is the people laughing! They are laughing SO hard they are coughing and at the end you hear that vocal exhalation of relief – you know, like “Oh that was funny, but if I laughed anymore, someone would have to recucitate me.”

20. 0:23-0:32 : “Hmm, this is not working out. Let me lie down and think this over.”

21. Laws of Nature – kitties don’t obey them.

22. skippymom says:

Cats are actually a gas.

23. LOL — liquid at best….

24. “The Cat Who Walks Through Walls”
    – Robert Heinlein

25. Yeah he’s Jumpin’ Jack Flask,
    It’s a Gas! Gas! Gas! ;)

26. Mary (the first) says:

I agree. What do you suggest?

27. Mary (the first) says:

There was a moment, just before the “fave frame” when the kitteh looked toward the hoomins with a very “You’re so mean. Stop laughing!” look on his face.

28. Some sort of “We haven’t forgotten or forgiven” meme. I wouldn’t use any injured victim pictures, as that seems to turn people off more than anything – maybe a pic of one of his victims rehabilitated with a caption to the effect of “A happy ending for some, but the Internet hasn’t forgotten Michael Vick’s inhumane crimes,” and encouraging people to repost.

29. Too right!!! Not sure if it was my own claustrophobia, but I found this one stressful to watch.

30. Me too. I was worried about poor kitty and her ability to breathe was she was stuck butt-up in the jar. I couldn’t finish the video, I’m such a weenie.

31. The look at 1:20 = “Little help here?”

32. I haven’t forgotten and I sure as heck haven’t forgiven. The sick ba**ard!

33. According to my cat, it works best if you roll around outside in the dirt.

34. I think “Flexi McMarmalade” has got to be one of your top five names, NTMTOM!

35. Fird Birfle says:

From the Niftiest Animal Info/ Tidbit Evahr Department,
    via Marc Marrone via the UberWorld Universe of (yes, really) Martha Stewart….

ALSO along these lines….MM sez that you don’t give a bath to chinchillas.
    You provide them with a bin of dust ….and they roll around in that instead of being bathed !!!! I saw it happening on one of his appearances. so quirky and fun.

36. I have refused to cheer for the Eagles until they get rid of that creep and the morons who hired him. I’m ashamed for a team that my family has rooted for for generations! I’ll post something on my FB page, if that will help! I’m not creative or tech savvy enough to do the creating.

37. Fird Birfle says:

um there was also recent coverage alleging that he had (?) recently obtained a canine quadruped??? I haven’t yet done my due diligence/ librariologist research ……

38. Oooh! Mod Lounge! What’s the special today? I hope it’s something chocolate!

39. Fird Birfle says:

WOOT WOOT fleurdamour WINS

40. I was concerned too, and I would have turned the jar sideways if I’d been watching so she could get out, but then I realized that she didn’t look upset or panicked at all, and she kept at it and got in and out fine on her own.

41. Will NEVER forget OR forgive HOWEVER, he does have a daughter that can’t be too old & not only would it be a shame to deny her the joy & comfort of owning a dog & maybe bestest friend in the whole world but it could go a long way n breaking the abuse cycle of the fathers family, and teach the next generation responsible pet ownership. I would hate to punish the daughter because of what the father did.

42. Me Too !

43. The Original Jane says:

YES! That was what I would fave frame.

44. *headdesk*

45. All that work and the toys are still in the jar at the end!

46. How about visits to a shelter where his daughter can learn to care for animals, especially all the Pit Bulls that get dumped?

47. I agree with you, Mary (the first). That poor kitty was looking at her humans with the “Stop laughing and get me out of here.” look on her sweet little face. I would of turned the jar sideways and, once kitty was out, give her the cat toys :D

48. In honor of the contortionist kitteh, today’s specials are chocolate scones with thick cut orange marmalade or clotted cream! :-)

49. My thought almost exactly. I take it on faith that, as mammals, cats must have a skeleton, but you sure can’t prove it by looking at them.

50. Even my non-cute-affected husband was beside himself! And to Maureen; yes, cats teach us to keep on going and try different ways to overcome.

51. warrior rabbit says:

Not just dust. Ash. Volcanic ash. Really.