Live at the Acrawlpolis

Good citizens of Athens! Gather now and hear my tale of Anna K., a seeker of truth and cuteness whose travels brought her here to the Acropolis, ancient temple to the Greek gods Athena and Yanni

… when lo, she did come across a lowly sojourner, a pilgrim not unlike herself. When she picked him up to inquire from whence he came, he did rebuke her with a stern look of Socratic disapproval…

O goddess Athena, deliver unto us a… REBUKE-HANCE!

Comments

1. Sing, O Muse of the mad skills of NTMTOM!

2. PS:

3. emmberrann says:

Tawk ’boutcher disapproval, dis guy’s got it down!!

4. skippymom says:

When I saw the first photo, I thought this guy was really big, then: woops, it’s a mini-turtlet.

5. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: DUuuDE !!!

6. Fird Birfle says:

*grabs the Turtle/ tortoise pompoms; takes position on the field*

7. Be excellent to one another. :D

8. skippymom says:

yeah i’m thinking it is actually a tortoise

9. fleurdamour says:

It’s Aristurtle!

10. I can’t help but look at this post and think of Aeschylus (Greek playwright, died ca. 455 BCE). It seems that eagles like tortoise meat, and to crack open the shell the eagle drops the tortoise from a great height onto a rock. The story goes that an eagle mistook Aeschylus’ bald head for a rock and the rest is (dubious) history. Death by tortoise!

11. Lewis n' Clark says:

wow, fleurdamour! just wow!

12. lisaLassie says:

*While Fird busy with pompoms, grabs actual tiny turtlette and runs from the field: leaving a small stone with a “sleeping, do not disturb sign”*

13. As you can see, Genghis very much enjoys Twinkies because of the excellent sugar rush…

14. I know! I thought it was huge, then it turned out to be a wee turtle speck…

15. “Rebuke-hance” Love that.

16. Excellent! Now off to sleep with a smile…thanks.

17. victoreia says:

Ouch.

(OTOH, I played Iphigenia in a college production of his Agammenon, so I don’t have too much sympathy….)

18. And party on dudes!

19. How’s it going, Old West Dudes? :P

Hey is this a first? Is this CO’s first Bill and Ted quotefest?

20. (air guitar solo)

21. BOOM goes the dynamite.

22. “Iphigenia in Brooklyn”?

23. fleurdamour says:

Aesop’s fable: The Tortoise and the Glare

24. Aristortphanes

25. fleurdamour says:

The Shellusinian Mysteries

26. fleurdamour says:

Presided over by the goddesses Demeturtle and Persefrowny

27. Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

28. - That’s your Mom Dude!

– Shut up Ted!

– Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?

– Shut up Ted!

– Remeber when I asked her to the prom?

29. You just can’t say, LOOK! There’s a turtle! Can you?

30. The shadow on the middle pic is awesome O_o

31. Euripides, you pay for deese. :D

32. But Bill those are historical babes!

33. It’s relaturtivity.

34. well, aeschylus….MEeeee…

35. Kari Callin says:

“Oh, hello there. Who are you?”
    ” . .. ………”
    “What was that? Couldn’t hear you. Say again?”
    ” . .. ………”
    “Hold on a second. (picks him up) Now, say that again?”
    ” i.am. Sparticus!”
    “Aaaahh. Got it.”

36. LOL! I looked up Iphigenia in Wikipedia, and among other things, it mentions “Iphigenia in Brooklyn” along with the parenthetical note, “this version of the story may be less tragic than others.”
    :mrgreen:

37. fleurdamour says:

Torticus!

38. Ιώ! Ιώ! Eὐοῖ Βάκχε! *waving θύρσο around*

39. Fleurdamor, you are EN FUEGO!

40. Alice Shortcake says:

“Put me down! And return the Elgin marbles!”

41. Where was da hare??

42. emmberrann says:

On da hed, obvy!

43. Of course, you know what they say of the acropolis…

44. Please welcome the very excellent barbarian….
    Mr. GENGHIS KHAN!!!

45. Dudes…I was in Athens and I didn’t get to meet this lil’ disapproving chelonii! *pouts and throws a fit*

46. pugletsrule says:

OMG I so needed that this morning – can’t stop laughing – my sides hurt!

47. fleurdamour says:

I majored in art history, and there’s something about Greek stuff that gets my blood pumping. Maybe I participated in punning rhetoric in the agora in a past life.

48. Yeah, they kinda break Stephen. It’s pretty damn laughter-inducing.

49. Shouldn’t the title be Awwwcrawlpolis? Just sayin…

50. Very nice!

51. Well, you rock!

52. Sounds good, Mr. The Kid! (I love this movie :lol: )

53. Fird Birfle says:

Y’all know SO MUCH MORE about things Greek than moi !!!

Cubism, surrealism and things outrageousleh Frawnsche, I can generally navigate. But boy HOWDY did my educamation lack in les topiques grecques
    (not sure about that adjective’s proper spelling/ ending and I’ll admit that I’m presently feeling a bit too impulsive to slow down & locate the proper bit …sorry)

54. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa, to use one of me Mudder’s bits of Weird Wuurds, “in the For What It’s Worth Department”…..

if mine opeenyon might have any use here….I think that we (or SOME of us) have occ. used a Bill/ Ted bit or three…but this might be one of the LONGER B/T strings o’ comments from CO.

Airplane, Holy Grail, Young Frahnkensteen — those we have milked and continue to lurve milking multiple times at some length. But this might be one of the longer “bits” of B & T that we have dangled…..

or not.

55. Thanks, Firdie!

Hey, How’s it going, Royal Ugly Dudes? :D

56. OHMYGOSH! EVERYBODY is EN FUEGO!

57. Stephen is such an adorable corpser. This is sort of like “Moses supposes his toes are roses.” :D

58. Surrealle says:

Agreed, NTMTOM always makes me giggle

59. I recognize most of those guys but who’s to Fry’s immediate right?

60. Odd… Kar doesn’t have a ‘reply’ button. The guy to the right (the ‘Whatevaaaah!’ guy) is Alan Davies. He’s the recurring show guest and plays the ‘idiot’ foil to Fry, even though he’s actually pretty damn smart (and pretty damn funny).

61. They kind of make an operetta, don’t they?

62. Ehhn..?