Live at the Acrawlpolis

Good citizens of Athens! Gather now and hear my tale of Anna K., a seeker of truth and cuteness whose travels brought her here to the Acropolis, ancient temple to the Greek gods Athena and Yanni

… when lo, she did come across a lowly sojourner, a pilgrim not unlike herself. When she picked him up to inquire from whence he came, he did rebuke her with a stern look of Socratic disapproval…

O goddess Athena, deliver unto us a… REBUKE-HANCE!

1. Sing, O Muse of the mad skills of NTMTOM!

2. PS:

3. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: DUuuDE !!!

4. Be excellent to one another. :D

5. And party on dudes!

6. (air guitar solo)

7. How’s it going, Old West Dudes? :P

Hey is this a first? Is this CO’s first Bill and Ted quotefest?

8. Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

9. – That’s your Mom Dude!

– Shut up Ted!

– Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?

– Shut up Ted!

– Remeber when I asked her to the prom?

10. But Bill those are historical babes!

11. Please welcome the very excellent barbarian….

12. Sounds good, Mr. The Kid! (I love this movie :lol: )

13. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa, to use one of me Mudder’s bits of Weird Wuurds, “in the For What It’s Worth Department”…..

if mine opeenyon might have any use here….I think that we (or SOME of us) have occ. used a Bill/ Ted bit or three…but this might be one of the LONGER B/T strings o’ comments from CO.

Airplane, Holy Grail, Young Frahnkensteen — those we have milked and continue to lurve milking multiple times at some length. But this might be one of the longer “bits” of B & T that we have dangled…..

or not.

14. Thanks, Firdie!

Hey, How’s it going, Royal Ugly Dudes? :D

15. As you can see, Genghis very much enjoys Twinkies because of the excellent sugar rush…

16. emmberrann says:

Tawk ’boutcher disapproval, dis guy’s got it down!!

17. Alice Shortcake says:

“Put me down! And return the Elgin marbles!”

18. Very nice!

20. skippymom says:

When I saw the first photo, I thought this guy was really big, then: woops, it’s a mini-turtlet.

21. I know! I thought it was huge, then it turned out to be a wee turtle speck…

22. It’s relaturtivity.

23. Fird Birfle says:

*grabs the Turtle/ tortoise pompoms; takes position on the field*

24. skippymom says:

yeah i’m thinking it is actually a tortoise

25. lisaLassie says:

*While Fird busy with pompoms, grabs actual tiny turtlette and runs from the field: leaving a small stone with a “sleeping, do not disturb sign”*

26. fleurdamour says:

It’s Aristurtle!

27. BOOM goes the dynamite.

28. Aristortphanes

29. fleurdamour says:

The Shellusinian Mysteries

30. fleurdamour says:

Presided over by the goddesses Demeturtle and Persefrowny

31. Ιώ! Ιώ! Eὐοῖ Βάκχε! *waving θύρσο around*

32. Euripides, you pay for deese. :D

33. well, aeschylus….MEeeee…

34. Excellent! Now off to sleep with a smile…thanks.

35. I can’t help but look at this post and think of Aeschylus (Greek playwright, died ca. 455 BCE). It seems that eagles like tortoise meat, and to crack open the shell the eagle drops the tortoise from a great height onto a rock. The story goes that an eagle mistook Aeschylus’ bald head for a rock and the rest is (dubious) history. Death by tortoise!

36. victoreia says:

(OTOH, I played Iphigenia in a college production of his Agammenon, so I don’t have too much sympathy….)

37. “Iphigenia in Brooklyn”?

38. LOL! I looked up Iphigenia in Wikipedia, and among other things, it mentions “Iphigenia in Brooklyn” along with the parenthetical note, “this version of the story may be less tragic than others.”

39. Fird Birfle says:

Y’all know SO MUCH MORE about things Greek than moi !!!

Cubism, surrealism and things outrageousleh Frawnsche, I can generally navigate. But boy HOWDY did my educamation lack in les topiques grecques
    (not sure about that adjective’s proper spelling/ ending and I’ll admit that I’m presently feeling a bit too impulsive to slow down & locate the proper bit …sorry)

40. Lewis n' Clark says:

wow, fleurdamour! just wow!

41. “Rebuke-hance” Love that.

42. Surrealle says:

Agreed, NTMTOM always makes me giggle

43. fleurdamour says:

Aesop’s fable: The Tortoise and the Glare

44. Fleurdamor, you are EN FUEGO!

45. fleurdamour says:

I majored in art history, and there’s something about Greek stuff that gets my blood pumping. Maybe I participated in punning rhetoric in the agora in a past life.

46. Well, you rock!

47. You just can’t say, LOOK! There’s a turtle! Can you?

48. The shadow on the middle pic is awesome O_o

49. Kari Callin says:

“Oh, hello there. Who are you?”
    ” . .. ………”
    “What was that? Couldn’t hear you. Say again?”
    ” . .. ………”
    “Hold on a second. (picks him up) Now, say that again?”
    ” Sparticus!”
    “Aaaahh. Got it.”

50. fleurdamour says:

51. Where was da hare??

52. emmberrann says:

On da hed, obvy!

53. Of course, you know what they say of the acropolis…

54. pugletsrule says:

OMG I so needed that this morning – can’t stop laughing – my sides hurt!

55. Yeah, they kinda break Stephen. It’s pretty damn laughter-inducing.

56. Stephen is such an adorable corpser. This is sort of like “Moses supposes his toes are roses.” :D

57. Odd… Kar doesn’t have a ‘reply’ button. The guy to the right (the ‘Whatevaaaah!’ guy) is Alan Davies. He’s the recurring show guest and plays the ‘idiot’ foil to Fry, even though he’s actually pretty damn smart (and pretty damn funny).

58. I recognize most of those guys but who’s to Fry’s immediate right?

59. They kind of make an operetta, don’t they?

60. Dudes…I was in Athens and I didn’t get to meet this lil’ disapproving chelonii! *pouts and throws a fit*

61. Shouldn’t the title be Awwwcrawlpolis? Just sayin…

62. Ehhn..?