Ferrets From the Future!

In last week’s thrilling episode, our intrepid heroes became trapped in a hole in the space/time continuum! Could this be this the end? Is there no hope of escape for…

(psst, Mom–you’re ruining our suspenseful cliffhanger moment!)

Via Kimberly Tamkun / USFWS.

Comments

1. Eyebrow dots!
    Ok, now that we have proved it’s not just a phenomen limited to puppehs, we should definitely get a Rule of Cuteness now!

2. Mary (the first) says:

Time to do what? I think something got missed, there. Unless it’s some kind of code.

3. Mary (the first) says:

I agree!! “Eyebrow dots! Eyebrow dots!” (chanting)

4. It would be interesting…. Physicists say that if there is time-travel, where are all the time travelers? But, what it the time-travelers where ferrets and their popularity as pets came into being just because they have an agenda from the future? What could they want? Whey would they come here? And how did they do it without opposable thumbs?

5. How far do they have to lean that room… :lol:

6. *scrambles to find the signs*…Are we marching or planning a sit in?

7. Oooh, all good questions for the new CO FAQ!*

*There is no new FAQ.

8. Fird Birfle says:

Well, ferrets *ARE* known to be trubblemakers so maybe Mike REALLY MEANT for the ferrets to *LEAN* their room….

(I’m tryin’ to CYA, Mike ….I’ve never even HeaRD of Mike + errors so …)

9. Fird Birfle says:

also if a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it …did Salvador Dali paint this?

Signed,
    Surrealism R Us.

10. Fird Birfle says:

nudge, nudge, wink, wink; know whut Ah mean???

Signed,
    Shifty Eyes + dirty old man in the Monty Python sketch ….
    OR the OTHER dirty old man, from Laugh-In (on the park bench)

11. both!
    I’ll get the megaphone…

12. tiny confession: I always get ‘theremin’ and ‘thylacene’ mixed up

13. I’ve never heard of those! Very cool!

To me, though, “theremin” sounds like something you get at the pharmacy.

14. 1. all the time travellers are hanging out with dinosaurs.
    2. ferrets do kind of pwn us, don’t they…
    3. they must want to see why we laugh, because it’s the same experiment over and over again.
    4. they come here, they go there, they go under that and over that. they’re ferrets, they’re everywhere.
    5. ferrets have opposable spines. they have no need of mere thumbs.
    6. there is no rule 6.

15. It’s sad/amazing that you can recognize a ntmtom post from the title. Closing your loop there Mike?

16. Somebody grab the pompoms!

17. I believe our very own Theresa has actually played a theremin.

18. If a bear poops in the woods and nobody witnesses it, is he still Catholic?

19. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

20. Fird Birfle says:

YAY blair. Camus woulda LUVED YOO.

21. Suddenly . . . FERRETS.

22. lisaLassie says:

No intelligent person could argue with any of your logic!!!!

23. lisaLassie says:

I played a theremin many years ago. In a big auditorium where they played the Theremin movie and someone brought a theremin in. (oh, the end of that sentsence is snarkworthy)

24. lisaLassie says:

Nobody else answered your question so I will. They want to create a new rule of cuteness regarding eyebrow dots, and feel that a marach is in order to achieve their goal.

25. skippymom says:

What I meant was, if the pope chops down a tree and there are no bears around, does anybody hear it?

26. Fird Birfle says:

mebbe b’c of VITA(meatavega) mins??? ;)

27. Fird Birfle says:

;)

28. Mary (the first) says:

If it’s a sit-in, let’s do it in the mod lounge. I hear there are snacks there!

29. Here are some cute cats playing a theremin:

30. Shouldn’t it be “FERRETS! FROM! THE FUTURE!” ?

31. PS: What exactly is it that they are in, with the poking out of the heads and all?

32. Oh hella no. My cats are freaked out by just the video. Heck, that’s making my ears bleed.

33. Yes! What is that thing?

34. These are black-footed ferrets and they are probably at a facility that is helping to breed them and release them back into the wild. I know I’ve see that set-up before, but I can’t find any pictures of it at the moment.

The hole the young ones are in is supposed to mimic a burrow.

There is information on black-footed ferrets at the Smithsonian Zoo website:

35. Unwanted holiday guests overstaying their welcome?This looks like a perfect visit ender!

36. What, no Whack-a-mole references here?