Attention All CO Miami Peeps!

We’re talkin’ Miami, Florida, People. Head on over to Kendall Soccer Park today from 10am-2pm ET.

Why, you ask?

“This is a great family event in our community and an opportunity to showcase some of our wonderful pets for adoption”, said Alex Muñoz, Director of Miami-Dade Animal County Animal Services. “In addition to adopting out many of our dogs and cats, this festival will increase awareness about our mission to encourage people to always think about adopting a homeless pet from the shelter. Make adoption, your only option,” added Mr. Muñoz.

Remember, that’s 10am-2pm local time. Find your Forever Furry Friend!

And guess what? That little critter up there is from the actual shelter. He might be there!

Photo: Lynne Sladky, Associated Press/SF. Another Pup-Lic™ Service Announcement from your friends here at Cute Overload!

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

(direct quote on seeing the photo): “awwww, Punkin!”

2. I bet loads of people would want to adopt hims.

3. Yeah. That little guy is SO getting adopted. He would be perfect for a little boy or girl.

4. Oh…. foldy-paw! Is that a Rule of Cute?

5. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Chubbular folded paw! He’s sooo getting adopted. I just hope the other animals do too.

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Adopt, adopt, adopt. But don’t forget the older cats and dogs. They need your love, too!!

7. Fird Birfle says:

Florida is in tha Hizzle !!!!

8. And you can almost hear him saying, “And I’ll be the bestest pupeh ever! All I need is some kibble and a place to sleep!”
    And now having written that, I need a pupeh soooooo badly!

9. sabrina rose says:

Yes…my heart is on the way to Kendall Park to gather up an armful!! And Rat Mom is right, older animals are great pets. I like to adopt siblings or a mom and pup or kitten. Best pets I ever adopted were a ten year old Golden Retriever and a ten year old Pomeranian. Gently playful, calm, obedient, and full of love. I miss them still.

10. Mary (the first) says:

Yep.. as absolutely precious as the little ones are, when I get my next room-mates I’m planning to get a middle aged couple of cats. We can all age together!

11. My parents adopted a middle-aged Golden Retriever — not out of a shelter, but from some friend of a friend of Mom’s who was getting a divorce and had to move into an apartment. The dog might have wound up in a shelter if my parents hadn’t taken her. She’s a real sweetheart, a very calm and mellow and affectionate like all Goldens, and beautiful, and she came to them already house- and obedience-trained and spayed and with all the puppy mischievousness (read: destructiveness) outgrown.

12. Whoops, I’m in the mod lounge. I said the P-word.

13. puppeh bref !!!!!!

14. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Resqte :)

15. Oh yes, we need a rule for foldy paws. And yeah for the community RESCUTE!!!

16. pupfanatic says:

That’s what I was gonna point out!!! I’m in massive, stinkin’ love w/ this goo-inducing puppulus w/ a folded paw (camel paw?) LOVE!!!

17. I pretty much only adopt the older ones now. Love them seniors! :)

18. “Rule of Cuteness #22: A Curled-up or tucked paw is cute”