Dancing with the Kitties

Now let’s go backstage, where contestants Tom Katt and Felicity Pussyfoot are rehearsing for their big tango number…

Via Reddit user zix.

1. You do know that somebody is about to get their butt kicked?

2. SlaveToCat says:

I don’t think that is a promo for “Dancing with the Kitties”

Maybe a promo for “Cats” staring Feline Officers from America’s toughest cities.

♪♫Bad cats, bad cats whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?♫♪

3. Martha in Washington says:

How do you do the little musical notes?

4. You can also go to the main Start menu — All programs — Accessories – Sytem Tools — Character Map. Character Map is the final click for the program,and will show you every single thing you can type into a document, and will let you do it completely graphically with copy n paste.

5. bookmonstercats says:

Such clever peeps!! :)

6. Penny Robinson Fan Club says:

Glad to be of service!

7. SlaveToCat says:

Hold down alt key and type 13 and release. ♪
    Hold down alt key and type 14 and release. ♫
    If you google something like “windows alt key codes” you can get a list of how to do many of the special characters.

8. Meowmad Kitty
    Float like a butterfly.
    Sting like a bee.

9. Why is Brian Seltzer crooning in the background?

10. fish eye no miko says:

11. No, it’s 1, 2, cha cha cha, 3, 4, cha cha cha, 1, 2, cha cha–you missed a step!

12. They’re going to the catillion!

13. Fird Birfle says:

14. They look like kids in a dance class at school – “EWW a boy…” “EWW a girl…” (holding at paws’ length, eyes scrunched shut against cooties…)

15. skippymom says:

Yes, it is a well-known fact that you can’t catch cooties if your eyes are closed!

16. It’s definitely tango they’re dancing, using the open embrace and walking in parallel system; judging by their expressions prolly beginners :-D

17. fleurdamour says:

Pussyfooting around.

18. :)

19. CatViccer says:

Warning….extreme flat ear-age

20. They’ve just got their ears slicked back for formalwear.

21. Hahaha!!

22. Kari Callin says:

Dang it, Red! You said I could lead this time!

23. Owwww! You stepped on my foot. Moron!

24. Martha in Washington says:

“I could have danced all night…”

25. Wait, you brought Audrey Hepburn to the studio?!?

26. No silly, it was Marni Nixon who did the singing.

27. THANK YOU, THERESA! That happens to be a pet peeve of mine–people crediting Audrey Hepburn instead of Marni Nixon. Hepburn couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket–though she was one of those unfortunates who didn’t realize how bad she was and actually wanted to do the singing herself.

And jut for the record, bookmonstercats (or in case you’re keeping statistics): I am a music library person.

28. bookmonstercats says:

I wasn’t planning to keep stats, Juno, although it’s always interesting to find out the many and varied things done by the Peeps. You have just engaged my (very slight) OCD with the suggestion, but I shall resist opening a spreadsheet
    *shifty eyes*

29. Emmberrann says:

@Juno: I actually heard a version of AH singing the My Fair Lady soundtrack, I think it was a biography of her, and she didn’t sound too bad actually, but her voice was not very strong. It was, however, in tune and rather pleasant. She coulda done it, but in Hollywood, it didn’t fly.

30. Martha in Washington says:

Marni Nixon should be credited in all those movies. She sang for everybody and did it so beautifully!

31. SlaveToCat says:

Sure it wasn’t a musical number from the Bird Cage with Robin Williams.

32. Are you a general library person, or a music library person, Theresa? Or are you just dang clever? :)

33. Fird Birfle says:

All of the above :)

34. bookmonstercats says:

How true, Fird, how true.

35. This looks like they’re fighting to me…

36. Fird Birfle says:

see the Hoovertext on pic #1 re. this :)

37. Sleeping Beauty cat duet!

38. I say this as a former competitive ballroom dancer and a tanguera – I can’t believe I’d have to tell a cat to look more aloof.

39. Sex leads to dancing.

40. Ha! There’s an old Southern Baptist joke: (I am one, so I can make jokes about them…us…)

Why don’t Southern Baptists have sex?

Because it looks too much like dancing.

41. I heard it just sightly differently:

Why don’t Baptists have sex standing up?

Because someone might think they’re dancing.

42. I thought it might lead to dancing.

43. Fird Birfle says:

Also there’s something a little mischevious….why don’t _____s participate in Threesomes??

— Too many Thank You Notes to send out

44. I thought it was orgies. :P

45. Fanniemae's mom says:

It’s definitely the tango – one is strangling the other!

46. Emmberrann says:

Looks more like cat boxing than cat dancing to me, but OTOH, remember that Sugar Ray Robinson was a bonzer tap dancer…..

47. Cats Don’t Dance!

48. Oh! They do NOT look happy.

49. Yeah, both cats look like they are about in get into a knock-down, drag-out fight!

50. “Kiss me, you fool!”
    “I’m not kissing you! Sheila at the salon said Rhonda from the shrimpmonger’s spoke to Joe from the dairy who heard from his cousin Joe’s wife Simone that you kissed a DOG!”

51. :lol:

52. Looks like a scene from a Miyazaki movie….

53. there is an option that covers both fighting and dancing – it’s a dance off.

i love that they are wearing matching socks.

54. Waiting for them to break out capes, swooshing, and to start clapping.