Flying. Corgi. ‘Tocks.

It’s #Tocktober after all, so please take a look if you will at these…Flying Corgi ‘Tocks. Those ‘tocks belong to a little fellow named Dill, and The Daily Corgi sez “Everybody thinks he got his name from his pickle-like shape, but he’s actually named after a character in the novel ‘To Kill a Mockingbird.’ Fair enuff!

Nice ground clearance for the belleh, too.

And here’s another shot of a quieter moment. But you know they’ll be ZOOMIN’ off somewhere soon! There’s fun to be had out there!

Flying ‘Tocks submitted by Deidra Beckey; bottom photo from The Daily Corgi.

Comments

1. Cute, fluffy, Corgi ‘tocks! My day is complete.

2. Pickle-like shape. :)

Love me some corgi ‘tocks first thing in the morning. Or last thing at night. Or basically any time of day.

3. corgis in the mornin’, corgis in the evenin’, corgis at suppertime?

4. if you can take your eyes away from Sir Fuzzyrump for a second, please direct your attention to the first photo, and notice his friend’s flying floppy ears? thank you, that was all.

I like Dill’s little white splotch on the back’a hees haid

5. Fird Birfle says:

re. “friend’s flying floppy ears”: well-spotted, tracylee.

Perhaps we should find a position for you, protecting our troops, in
    the Floppy Ears of Mass Destruction Division of the Offices for Military Intelligence ….

6. Dill needs a corgi sized cape to match his flying tocks.

7. Be my little corgi and love me all the time. :)

8. ScoutsMom says:

I love anipals names after literary characters. My calico girl is named after Scout from the same book. Very similar personality traits. And my little marmie guy is named Ponyboy from The Outsiders. Also similar personalities and he makes me think of the line, “Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.”

9. Well floppy ears have been known to keel us ded… So perhaps it is a necessary position! I’ll call the Pentagon :)

10. I had a pair of foster kittens years ago that were named Ben and Jen when they came to me [eyeroll]. The family that adopted them said they were thinking about naming them Arthur and Morgana, since they were brother and sister. I said, But Morgana was evil, wasn’t she? They ended up naming them Scout and Jem. :) A literary family…

11. Hmmm … in the first pic … I thought brown creature was a bunny … XD

12. Oh, I thought he was named for the dim boy in “Cul de Sac.”

13. Corgis have a definite disadvantage when the snow is deep, poor babies end up with frozen ding dongs!

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

Labradors are the best dors.

15. Mary (the first) says:

Don’t mention my name.

16. Mary (the first) says:

I’ve never thought of Dill as “dim”. I’m not sure what he is… but not dim.

17. I was just thinking: Super ‘Tocks to the rescue!

18. HAHAHAHAHA
    frozen ding dongs! I’ll be wracking my brain for an opportunity to use that….

19. DaytimeDeb says:

Great flying corgis, Batman! Here I come to save the day!
    But seriously, the second photo, it really made me smile. Great pics.

20. Dill was based on Truman Capote, who grew up (for several years, at least) next door to Harper Lee in Monroeville, Alabama. Tru liked bulldogs, though: http://chagalov.tumblr.com/post/1140971520/truman-capote-holding-a-pet-dog-italy-1953-by

21. Allen Hay says:

Our female yellow lab, who is running next to Dill is also named Scout for the same character. We have considered getting a third dog (very very briefly) and naming him Boo or Atticus. Hmmmm

22. rae carson says:

Corgis and bunnies are first cousins (and corgi-tocks are generally known as bunny-butts)

23. I see … I didn’t know that … ty

24. I see … I didn’t know that … thx

25. Sorry .. replied to wrong post …

26. Tater Tot says:

One very snowy year we were measuring the depth of snow in our own CO unit of measure: Corgis. Does anyone else remember that? People would post “it’s 3 Corgis here”! I laughed until I cried.