THIS JUST IN: New Maru!

In this episode, Maru plays a frustrated mechanic that *can’t* quite get in to fix the engine. Harumphf.

Fix it, Mugumogu!

Comments

1. Their floors are so clean!. I just want to slide around on it with stocking feet!

2. Wow, Japanese driver’s tests are hard!

3. Maru: I said I wanted a pink Cadillac not a pink sub-compact!!

4. SlaveToCat says:

Come here Maru I will make it all better.

5. Mary (the first) says:

Have we seen that much tail ack-shon from Maru before? Either I didn’t remember, or he’s exceptionally tail-waggy in this episode.

6. fleurdamour says:

It has fins, of course he’s interested.

7. Maru has gotten so big! What a fantastic kitty.

8. 4leafclover says:

After much careful observation, Maru solves the mystery! “Engine–what engine? This car is definitely of the Fred Flintstone variety!” says Maru as he pops out of the bottom of the car…

9. Plus the rear tire is flat. Time to call AAA (Animal Automotive Assistance)

10. Well ma’am, as we mechanics say, if ya can’t get it started ya have to push it.

Or pull it.

Either way, you just hafta use your head.

11. Had we ever seen outdoors before? There’s a yard! I assumed Maru lived in a high-rise apartment, like most Japanese dwellings. That makes the clean floors even more miraculous; there is mud nearby that conceivably could be tracked in. Also, an entire arm is more than we usually see of Maru’s human companion. Also, did Maru seem timid this time? I expected him immediately to dive into the “cockpit” like he finally did at the end. And, I left the video running instead of turning it off at the end, and wound up watching Many Maru 9 (this must be a playlist?), which shows the outside door much more closely. It has some interesting sort of diagonally wired sliding glass storm door; not sure what to make of that. Wanted to go back and look again but the next video on the playlist started so “replay” was not an option.

12. Maru made it in the car, with a little help ;)

13. In Maru’s World if his head’s in, everythings in!

14. Did we really have any doubts? We’ve seen him wedge himself into much smaller spaces that that. :)

15. phred's mom says:

Is Maru a Mary Kay rep? He won a
    pink car! (And I noticed a couple of bits
    on the floor. I feel so much better about
    my housekeeping now. Not shamed by
    Mugumogo’s spotless shiny floors.)

16. phred's mom says:

What the heck did I say now?!?!?
    Pass the croissants, moderator.

17. I thought Maru IS the engine?

18. :)

19. Yes, there have certainly been some outside pics of Maru. I remember one where it’s raining and he’s wearing a little raincoat!

20. Fird Birfle says:

DARN sub-compact cars !!!!

or, alternatively: “Does this car make my butt look big???”

YAY Maru TO ETERNITY AND BEYOND……

21. Most boxes don’t present that much of a challenge to him!

22. Maru, you have made my day once again! And three cheers for Maru’s hoomin whose filming skills are par excellence.

23. He’s no Toonces.

24. Yes, that’s one of my favorites! He’s even more adorable than ever in his little raincoat. He’s such a tolerant kitty.

25. Awwwww, sad ending! He finally gets in and the thing tips over. Poor Maru.

I have to confess I doubted him, though. I really didn’t think he’d get in there. At 2:50 I had to yell, “No! Effing! Way!”

Reminds me of an autistic man I used to know who had a thing for stacking chairs. He HAD to do it. And there were all different kinds of chairs–including those with the kind of ‘pedestal’ base, with rollers–and many times I thought “No way is he going to be able to get those to stay,” and I was always wrong. No matter what kind of chairs there were, he managed to get one chair to stay on top of another Every. Single. Time.

26. Oh well, so much for that encounter…get the furkid a bigger carbox:))

27. AWW, what a thing to do to poor Maru :lol:

28. Fird Birfle says:

@ phred’s mom:

1: it was probably the word sh@me which flung you into the Bad Guurrl Corner.
    2: Might I make one *slight* adjustment to your theory of the source of the pink car?
    Maru is a “MarU” Kay representative!!!! :)

29. Fird Birfle says:

similar to the Flintstones’ cars in Bedrock …

30. Make your own rules, Maru! Goooood cat.

31. Love the MEOW plates! Maru Forevah!

32. loribelle says:

Maru had a bit too much junk in the trunk to get his junk in the trunk.