Kittens Who Love

This kitty loves to share. Doesn’t matter that she’s sharing a meal with a reptile. It’s nice to chow down with friends.

This kitty loves to make his friends feel good by giving some Swedish massage. Kitty knows that it’s especially good for raising the level of oxygen in the blood and increasing circulation and flexibility while easing tension.

Um. This kitty may love too much.

That is some real good lovin’ via Attack of the Cute, photographer SMIKH via Pixdaus and photographer Stas Semashko via Pixdaus.

Comments

1. I need some of that kitteh love akshun right now!

2. Wanna see a lovey kitty ? Check out thebloggess.com. She just posted a video of her marmie kitty, Hunter S. Thomcat, giving TONS AND TONS OF LOVE!

3. Torty Craig!

4. It’s not even a tortoiseshell cat!

5. I adore Hunter S.! He’s such a cutiepie! And Jenny is hysterical.

6. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

Cute pics and I hate to ’nuff, but I certainly hope that tortoise isn’t allowed to eat dog food/cat food regularly. That causes some pretty serious deformations, most notably shell pyramiding. All tortoises get some degree of pyramiding, but this tort already seems to have more than normal and diets that are too high in protein produce tortoises with really grotesquely deformed shells.

Mr. or Mrs. Tortoise there should be eating lots of veggies. Not kibble.

7. Mary (the first) says:

How come the turtle looks like his shell is fringed in jaggedy points? Is that my imagination?

8. Mary (the first) says:

Maybe someone goes to pet store, “My wife said to get a black kitten and a tortoiseshell.”. Clerk, (to self), “hmm, well, ok, the customer’s always right, I guess…”

9. Fird Birfle says:

eh??

10. Likely its caused by the same thing that is causing the pyramiding- an inappropriate diet. I hate to Nuff but kitty kibble is not a proper diet for a tortoise.

11. nope. they’re there. i googled a bit and found the Serrated Hingeback, but the pictures are a bit different from this character.

12. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

I posted about this but apparently either got stuck in moderashuns or they removed the post. It’s called pyramiding and it’s a deformity caused by too much protein in the diet (from eating things like dog/cat food). That looks like a sulcata tortoise to me and his/her shell should not look like that.

13. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

OOps, guess not in moderashuns. I just scrolled too fast. My original post is right above Mary’s.

14. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

No wait, it is in moderashuns. Man I wish there was a way to delete or edit one’s own posts here.

15. Koopa-in-training? I wonder when he will get his wings.

16. For the win!!

17. Blue Footed Booby says:

Does it cause discomfort, or other health issues, or is it purely a cosmetic thing? I’m not a tortoise-ologist.

18. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

It’s associated with several very serious, potentially life threatening conditions. Since the problem is most often caused by improper diet, tortoises with this problem can have weak bones, bladder stones and kidney problems. Sometimes the shell can also grow so disfigured that the tortoise cannot move its head properly to eat. It’s definitely not just a cosmetic thing. It’s been a long time since I last had a tort, so I did some googling and apparently too much protein is just one potential cause of this problem, but if the photo is any indication, I’d say that’s probably what’s going on with this guy.

19. Best Friends rescued a tortise that had been eating cat food – it died shortly after rescue because of kidney issues from eating too much protein. It was really interesting to read about though! But yes, totally wrong diet for a tortise. http://www.bestfriends.org/guardianangel/index.cfm?csid=6008&csii=6009&csit=Set

20. SlaveToCat says:

Faux News headline: “Finally proven. Cats built the Pyramids in Egypt.”
    Also the land where cats are worshiped as gods.

21. Thanks for the sad ending alert! :(

22. AWW :( Poor tortise :(

23. AWW :D I so want to snorgle all of the kitties :D

24. They modded then cut out my prior comment.In part,pictures showing injurious mistreatment.miscare of animals really arent cute.