Lemon: The Food That Plays With You

As we’ve seen twice before, there’s something about a lemon (or lime) that works like canine catnip. And now that we have a third example, it’s time to propose a new Rule of Cuteness: Puppy plus lemon equals comedy gold!

Note: Citrus fruits are bad for dogs, so don’t let your pet get more than a few licks in — not that they’re likely to want much more than that anyway.

1. Oh!Em!Gee! Are those..?
    Can it be? Are those eyebrow dots?! I MUST renew my campaign for the eyebrow dot rule!

*gets out glue sticks and glitter pens*

(and dem’s some cute floppeh earsies, too)

2. Add some stick-on rhinestones for emphasis.

3. Fird Birfle says:

Also: that pup has “EARNEST” facial expression for the illustration in
    the dictionary!!!!

4. warrior rabbit says:

I know. No puppeh/sour fruit rule until we get EYEBROW DOTS! Harrumph.

5. Fird Birfle says:

nice Harrumph, there, w.r. :)

6. It reminds me of Red Panda vs. Pumpkin, which I think should make a reappearance for the season.

7. I had a pet rabbit who yoinked a lemon from my grocery bag and ran off down the hall with it, seeking to enjoy her ill-gotten gains in privacy.

I heard a THUMP from down the hallway, and paused in my unpacking. When it was repeated, I went to investigate. The lemon was lying on the carpet, with a large bite taken out of one side. She was standing next to it, THUMPing in irritation at it.

8. Fird Birfle says:

“Her ill-gotten gains” = :)

9. warrior rabbit says:

I love the take-the-snack-and-run method. Sometimes I give Daphne a brussel sprout, and while she eats most of her veggies where they are in the bowl, she grabs the sprout and runs off… like I’m going to take it back, or something. Silly rabbit. So far brussel sprouts are really the only thing to cause her to abscond with food.

10. My Remy does the same thing! Except she does it with just about any food. She’ll run to a corner and turn her back to me! What’s really funny is when she doesn’t quite get a grip on the snack and drops it or trips over it. :-) Then she’s all frantic about where it went–usually it’s under her own belleh!

11. I love the “Baroo?” at 0:26!

12. missdoubleyou says:

I was just going to comment on that, Mithrel! So adorbs.

13. missdoubleyou says:

I was just going to comment on that, Mithrel! So adorbs.

14. Fleurdamour says:

Baroo-nese mountain dog!

15. Fleurdamour is en fuego today!

16. Silly puppeh! Bearnaise sauce does not have lemon!

17. Fird Birfle says:

18. fleurdamour says:

Bernese mountain dew-g does not like lymon.

19. In the contest of puppeh vs. lemon, I think the lemon won. But the puppeh wins the cuteness prize, obviously.

20. Martha in Washington says:

Puppeh is more than sweet enough to counter-act the sourness of a whole bushel of lemons! I want heem!

21. I would never ever get a single thing done if I lived with this adorable hunk of pup.

22. Fird Birfle says:

With the exception of feeding said adorable hunk of pup.

23. Of course, FB–thanks for the clarification! There would also be much loving and cooing over said hunk o’ pup.

24. Martha in Washington says:

Also…let the dog out…let the dog in…let the dog out…let the dog in… and so on and so forth.

25. Fird Birfle says:

good point!

So cats and dogs ARE fundamentally the same person, AFTER ALL!!!

26. We couldn’t eat oranges in front of our lab or she would stare and drool until either we gave her a piece or there’d be this great big puddle of drool I front of her!

27. 4leafclover says:

Aw, poor pupster! Outwitted by half a lemon… :(

28. Ann Rae Jonas says:

Does anyone know who the singer is?

29. My question also.

30. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

“Lemon Tree” by Trini Lopez, per the YouTube comments.

31. i think it’s the great Perry Knees

32. Oceanview says:

33. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

34. musicfoodbeerbikes says:

O_O ….dem paws!

35. That is so cute..thought my head would explode. If only they stay cute puppies and at same time mature i.e. potty train, no chewing on anything other than bones or their own toys…

36. Ah, the eternal optimism that the lemon will change/slash/ short attention span of puppehs and bebbehs.