24 Hours Of ‘Tocks Is Almost Here

#Tocktober starts tonight at 12am PT, and we’re kicking things off with 24 Hours Of ‘Tocks. Every hour for 24 hours…nuthin’ but ‘Tocks. Right here….on Cute Overload. Here’s a preview of what to expect.

[Just a few more hours.]

Tick…’Tock. Tick…‘Tock.

Tock Splendor from The Daily Corgi.

Comments

1. So will TockTober be all corgi tocks? They’ve got great little furry tushies but I do like variety in my ‘tocks.

2. Hear, hear! We need duckie tocks and hammy tocks and kitteh tocks and elefunt tocks and, and, adn…

3. Mary (the first) says:

Can some corgi expert tell me, are their tails naturally that short? Or are they (gulp) cropped?

4. Mary (the first) says:

hippo tocks!

5. Sorry ’bout that last “adn”. I just got so excited that my fingers became dyslexic.

6. Yeah! Hippo tocks!

7. they’re cropped :(

i know a guy who has a cute corg w/ an uncropped tail (on principle) and i daresay it looks even cuter that way

8. 11 Hours, find out you will. Pleased you will be.

9. Yahoo!! I’m staying up for the midnight premier, oh yea :)

10. No indeed. There are two separate breeds of corgis: Pembrokes, who are born tail-free, and Cardigans, who have as much tail as you’d care to see on a little doglette. I always think “Poor thing, his tail Pem-broke off ” to remember which is which.

11. Oakley beat me to it- there are different breeds of Corgi’s and the have different tails. But ALL Corgi’s have the cutie pie tocks. That is the breed standard. :)

12. Whoops, just went looking for corgi pictures and saw that some Pembrokes have tails. Guess I’ll dock myself a couple of points for wishful thinking. :(

13. Yoda? You that is?

14. I need to see some slothy tocks!

15. Queen of Dork says:

Me this is.

Also, why are animal butts so much cuter than human butts? I guess it’s the fur. It’s sort of like the question of how come burping is so much more socially acceptable than farting? I think it has to do with the smell and also the end of the body that the gas comes out of.

16. Queen of Dork says:

And some tortoise tocks!

17. Fird Birfle says:

and here you have a lovely, piercing
    analysis, of the social ramifications of animaux bums!!!!

*WE LOVE STEPPHIE WE LOVE STEPPHIE*

18. Fird Birfle says:

Don’tcha be fergittin’ tha RHINO tocks, now !!!!
    All armored & stuff …

19. Well, look at which end we keep covered

20. So it’s not just me that thinks Corgis have the cutest ‘tocks. I’m in such good company here. ^_^

21. Sorry to disagree with you Queen of Dork but it can’t only be the fur that makes tocks cute because some male human tocks are very hairy and not cute at all !!!!

22. Guys, thanks SO much for featuring my blog The Daily Corgi! I recognized all those butts right away as my readers’ Corgi BUTTS!

Obviously their ‘rocks rule. Thanks for giving them the nod they deserve.

23. Oh, it is sadly true. The little tiny tales are cut off when these doggies are tiny. This trend is becoming illegal in many countries. USA may catch up at some point.

24. p.s. The lowdown on Corgi tails is this: Cardigan Welsh Corgis (bigger than Pembrokes, and in fact a separate breed though still a Corgi) always have tails and should never be docked: http://www.akc.org/breeds/cardigan_welsh_corgi/index.cfm. Pembroke Welsh Corgis can be born with full tails or shorter “bobbed” tails. According to the American Kennel Club (AKC) standard: Occasionally a puppy is born with a natural dock, which if sufficiently short, is acceptable. A tail up to two inches in length is allowed, but if carried high tends to spoil the contour of the topline.” http://www.akc.org/breeds/pembroke_welsh_corgi/index.cfm. Tail docking has been banned in some foreign countries. Docking remains a topic of controversy in some places. I personally like them either way, but I’m not a judge, just a blogging Welsh Corgi admirer!

25. I’ll confirm the tortoise ‘tocks.

26. YAY!!! *Kermit the frog yay*
    The beginning of Tocktober!!! Which is also the beginning of my birthday :)
    *Throws confetti all over the lounge*

27. It’s illegal in California.

28. Mary (the first) says:

Thanks, Daily Corgi lady for the explanation and the ‘tocks!

29. BUNNY ‘tocks had best be included!!!

30. What? No request for lambie or baby goat tocks?! :lol:

31. It’s not just you. Corgi ‘tocks are the cutest on the planet. I don’t even think it’s debatable. :)

32. Some corgis have short bobtails, which can look like no tails from a distance. My parents’ corgi is one of those, but boy howdy can she wag that stumpy tail when the mood calls for it!

33. ilikecorgibutts says:

Actually, pemmies can be born with anywhere from no tail (a tiny nub, rather) to a full tail. Majority of the nubbins you see are not docked, but are au naturale’. Some that are born with tails are docked, and some are left as is.