There Be Dragons…

…And, the only father who can say; “I brought you into this world and I can take you out!”

Daddy Weedy Sea Dragon (can’t say that without sounding silly) and babies via the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Comments

1. I love Sea Dragons!! I had never seen their babies before. They are so tiny!! I luv theeeem!!!!!

2. Mary (the first) says:

I don’t even know what to say! Amazing!

3. Kari Callin says:

Sing along if you know the words! “Me, and my babies. Swimming down the avenue, scuba doo, scuba doo, scuba doo….” ;D

4. According ro the website, he has over 80 babies! His a** must be dragon.

5. Ha!

6. I wouldn’t call him cute. Beautiful yes, cute no.

7. AWWWW. B-b-but what about the babies!

8. Queen of Dork says:

Holy Crap! What the hell is that? Good Lord in Heaven have mercy! What the hell is that! (I’m trying to find the cute but I’m really just really scared because it looks like bugs that could kill me) *hides under bed with stuffed animals. we will protect each other*

9. Queen of Dork says:

Dang. I’m in the Mod Lounge. I guess I got too scared about the bugs. Oh my! I love that they’ve put out Chesapeake Bay crabs and potato salad! How lovely! And beer! Oh! Bilbo is in here, too! Hi Bilbo!

10. Martha in Washington says:

Long story…I work at a craft store that sells jewelry-making supplies. We have these pretty glass seahorse pendants. Last year an older lady came in and was so excited to see them because…”Did you know that seahorses are REAL?! I just saw some with my daughter!” So, after smoothering my incredulous laughter, I told her about the wonderful seahorse exhibit at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma. How had this woman lived to be her age and not known about real live seahorses?!

11. And now that woman is….choosing our next president.

12. I… I… no. Just no. Sorry, but no. He’s too cute for words!

13. Wish we could get extreme close up of babies. But daddy does have a wicked side eye. Perhaps he could be our next disapproval bun! Yes, yes!

14. <3 <3 <3

15. Lots of these wonderful little critters at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago – we’re heading there in a few weeks and I’m looking forward to seeing them in person!

16. Alien Guardian says:

It’s a Sea Dragon, a variety of sea horse.

17. Yes! I had never seen them before I went there! I could have stood in front of those exhibits for hours.
    @Gigi and QofD: There are some varieties that have more “cute factor” than this particular variety.
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn: ANd9GcT_ oWvSnQ_ 7snwn Hpv9Kyk6kVzjh_dzXiEvKY5BxVHOBGJy6z-7fA

and for more info on babies:
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB THFa235p LfM2zaH_ A3dO5wO4Tl8gXP6_CP4JXmR6mjYSUCOI

18. I can’t remember if they have these little guys at the Aquarium in Atlanta but I know they have their cousins, the Leafy Sea Dragons. This little guy is a Weedy Sea Dragon, right?

Anyway, I just love them. I’ve always thought seahorses were neat and when I saw one of these for the first time I was just over the moon. Nature is a wonder!

19. These links don’t work :-( Sowwy. Maybe they are too long?

20. warrior rabbit says:

Well, readers can copy/paste them rather than click… but you can also use an URL shortener for long ones: http://tinyurl.com/96qsyxv

21. Martha in Washington says:

Now I’m scared! :shock:

22. I’ve seen weedy sea dragons before but they didn’t look this colorful. Cute, win. Camoflauge, fail!

23. Smallthunder says:

Me, too! Sea Dragons! Yay!

24. I’ve actualy been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I loved the jellyfish….. and the seaweed….. and everything else……and the puffins…….. :)