A Dance to Autumn

In this dance, I celebrate the turning of the season, twisting and fluttering with the wind, like a leaf banished from the mother tree onto the impersonal earth below.

And though I fall to my death, mourn me not; for my belly is the color of fire, fierce and proud, defiant herald of the coming winter whiteness.

Also, the leaves taste nice and crunchy this time of year, so there’s that.

A baby redbellied shortnecked turtle, from aryary. (Apologies to Jules Feiffer.)

1. TURTLE! Beautiful.

2. Kari Callin says:

Candy korn turtle!

3. very nice.

4. lurves me some Jules Feiffer

5. “This is my dance to spring!”

6. Don’t fall to your death, ickle turkle!

7. Look at his little feetsies! He’s really pretty darn cute.

8. Fird Birfle says:

YAY TURTLE-poos !!!

9. That pose reminds me of something, let me think…

10. Classic!! :)

11. The coloration….Terminator Turtle?

12. You out your left hand out, you out your left hand in, you put your left hand out and you shake it all about…

13. A turtle peed all over me once.

14. Fird Birfle says:

but of course, the *important* question, is whether the turtle *POOPED* on ya ….

15. Nope, just pee. I was saving his life, but he probably thought I was planning to eat him.

16. If that’s the shortneck turtle, what does the longneck one look like?! :o

17. Fird Birfle says:

perhaps something, along these lines ….

Shifty eyes ….

18. I came here to express much the same thought. That’s the shortneck???

19. Maybe it’s like with puppies, but instead of paws, eventually he grows into his neck.

20. My first idea too !

21. Fird Birfle says:

*makes a flabbergasted face, in Mike’s direkshon*

*but is secretly delighted both with the “poem” and the pic*

22. Ah, NTMTOM. Two parts philosopher, one part wisecracker. To know him is to love him and laugh until your sides ache. *sigh*

23. turtle toe beans !!!!!!!

24. The turtle is sexy and he knows it….

25. Fird Birfle says:

“He’s too sexy for his shell, too sexy for …” [etc] :)

26. Mary (the first) says:

Very cute! I’ve never seen a turtle underside so well before. Amazing.

27. and yet that shell is ten times more tasteful than anything on
    Dancing with the Stars

28. Itty bitty babeh turtlekins! I is floored. *flop*

29. Am I the only one that hears little turtley “ehn, ehn” as he pushes on the GIANT fingers holding heem?

30. First a bulldog, now a TURTLE! *commence extreme squeeage*

31. Yay turtles! So cute and so beautiful…unlike the cuticles that really need some care and fingernails cut too short on the fingers that hold wee toitle. Eep.
    *studying to be a nail tech. I do this to everyone*

OMGOSH! I always wanted one of these little buggers. Just because they are sooo beautiful !!